seeking counsel

Previous topic - Next topic

who_am_i

I've been practicing meditation hypnosis and astral projection for about 10 years. I have successfully projected enough times to keep me going this long. but I like to call my projections consciously unconscious projections.
I still have not gotten to the state where I can do it whenever I want.

to tell you the truth I projected successfully twice. but those two instances gave me a lifetime of faith. most of what I  know comes from books and the Internet. the problem is can someone break down for me the basic process of what i should do to get into a trance. kind of like well step one he lay down step two make sure you're not thinking of anything step three relax your entire body starting with blah blah blah. and your mind should be thinking on blah blah blah. to tell the truth I'm really not sure what a trance is
I know I got there twice tho... lol I appreciate any help you can give me...

thanks

Nick

Hi who_am_i,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse forums!  :)  

posted by who_am_i :

Quotethe problem is can someone break down for me the basic process of what i should do to get into a trance. kind of like well step one he lay down step two make sure you're not thinking of anything step three relax your entire body starting with blah blah blah. and your mind should be thinking on blah blah blah. to tell the truth I'm really not sure what a trance is

I'm not sure what a "trance" is either, rather the first step for me is the so-called "mind/awake-body/asleep state". This state, how to achieve it, and so forth, has been written about here at the Astral Pulse many times and in great detail. Perhaps other members will give you their opinion on what "trance" means to them, however I'd dig into some previous posts and threads if I were you.

For example, there are some great threads in our Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics forum and some of the Sticky topics you'll see here in the OBE and Astral forums. Also, we have a search engine that will help you locate previous topics with the word "trance" for example. Also, look into the phrase "mind/awake-body/asleep" and compare what is written to your own experiences so far. What you read may answer the question(s) you presently have.

Last but not least, if you haven't read either  Astral Dynamics or Mastering Astral Projection then I'd recommend doing so. You can find information on both of these fine books here: http://www.astraldynamics.com/ There's a lot of good general information on this website and I'd encourage you to explore the site if you haven't done so yet.

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

who_am_i

thank you very much for your post i most certainly will. its great to be here btw. thank you.

Nay

Hey there who.

Well Robert's definition of trance is and I quote

"A trance is a very simple and natural state of being, the state entered when the physical body goes to sleep while the mind stays awake.  Very simply, the frequency of brain waves changes in response to the changed level of mental activity.  The less mental activity, the deeper the level of trance."

Of course he goes on.  You should really get his book, good stuff there!

HTH,

Nay