Hemi-Sync

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Hi Scott,

I have the wave one (or gateway, or whatever the beginner 6-tape set is).

Sometimes they really help me - it's not like  =BOOM=  they pop me out, but they DO help me achieve trance while staying fairly alert. My last OBE (a few threads down) involved using the tapes, and I doubt I would have projected that night without them.

In my opinion they are a very helpful accessory but not sufficient of course. The exercises and practice and so on is important too.

Patty

Spencer

Hey Scott,

I agree, I have been using the CD's off and on, and they are really good at teaching you about trance states.  But that is as far as I  have gotten.  I haven't been able to project with them.

Spencer

astralmaster

Hi Scot,
I am also starting out. I own the first gateway set. They are very relaxing but what I would like to know is if anyone that has no history of OBE's has ever learned to AP. With or without the Hemi-Sync set.
Let me give you a few tips: 1. buy the CD's not the tapes. 2.  make sure that you use professional full size stereo headphones and not the cheap walkman ones. They will cancel out lots of external noise and sound a lot better (increasing the affect) 3. Don't go through them to fast. Especially the second exercise (focus 10). This, I think, is the most critical stage. You must learn how to put your body asleep while staying awake. This is when you can't feel a muscle in your body, but you're still awake.

Yours,

David
David

Frank

I can highly recommend the Gateway Wave-1 CD for any obe beginner.

It teaches you, step by step, exactly how to bring your body to a state where you are on the verge of being able to obe. If you can follow this correctly, all you need from then on is a little mental "push" and the Astral will come into view.

However, there were a few issues about the CD that took me a short while to get my head around, like:

Monroe's voice has a kind of "Houston Mission Control" feel about it. Which first kept making me giggle. He also talks about, "relaxing the muscles at the top of your head". Which was confusing because I don't have any muscles at the top of my head. The term, "Energy Conversion Box" also got me flustered. So, as a get-around, I thought of a term I could relate to more, and put Monroe's term in the box. :)

In order to actually obe, it is best that you teach yourself to be able to rundown the whole process all by yourself, i.e. without use of the CD.

This is because, when on the verge of a conscious-exit obe, you are in a state that Monroe describes as, "mind awake, body asleep". Problem being, if your physical were truly in the deep state of sleep that Monroe describes, you would not be able to hear the CD.

To make best use of the CD you need to be pro-active about it. In the sense that you need to actually *perform* the visualisation exercises, etc. for it to work.

It's not one of these weird and whacky CD's that play some buzzing and beeping sounds; that claim all you have to do is listen for a time and, suddenly, an obe experience is automatically induced (yeah, as if).

All in all, Wave-1 (to Focus 10) was a great help for me in learning how to achieve repeated, conscious-exit obe's.

Yours,
Frank

quebec

Has anyone experienced the CD for wave 2 which takes you to Focus 12?

Since we are on this subject, what about the other Focus up to 27 ?

I have read the two last books of R. Monroe, and the way I understand the "phasing" that he talked about, it was not an OBE. I have the impression that he wasn't "getting-out-of-the-body" as we think, but he was synchronizing himself with those areas (astral etc...). From what I read on the "Lifeline" program that he created, the volunteers (he called them "explorers") where able to experienced contact with deceased persons and help them. These volunteers learned to "phase-in" those areas, and most of them where not getting out-of-body per se, as we know it.

One of those "explorer" is Rosalind A. McKnight, and she wrote a book on her experiences with Robert Monroe (she was one of the firsts). The title is "Cosmic Journeys" (available through Amazon). Its a very interesting book with the transcripts of her actual trips.

I see these worlds as many vibrational levels. The physical is one, so is the astral etc... And since we have all of these bodies, the etheric, the astral, the physical and the many others inside ourselves, if we "phase-in" that level we are "there" without getting out of the physical body. We would be travelling "inside" our bodies.

The higher the vibrational level, the less coarse matter there is, and ultimately we get to what we call Soul, who would be without any matter whatsoever, a pure unit of conscious awareness. This is what I understand from Monroe's lasts books.

What's your opinion on this Frank ?  You wrote recently on this "phasing" in another topic

astralmaster

Frank,
How can i be sure that I have reached focus 10? Would you say that my description of not being able to feel any muscles in your body is correct?

yours

PS: do you do it sitting down (like RB says), or lying in bed?

David
David

Frank

All my obe work is done early morning whilst lying in bed. Focus 10, is achieved when you get to the stage where your mind is bright and alert and your physical body is deeply asleep. I posted on this just recently so a search should dig up the posts.

Quebec: I'm sorry but I cannot comment on the book you mention as I haven't read it. But what I can say is, anyone who can project to the Astral proper, cannot help but find themselves coming into ntact with "dead people"... as the place is chock full of them.

Yours,
Frank

scott6000

I would like to thank everyone for their input. It has been helpful. I will probably get the wave 1 cd's to learn to get to focus 10. If I can do it on my own, I may be able to use Monroe's method to get out. That is to imagine two lines intersecting a point 6ft in front, bend them 90deg, and then reach for the vibrations. Has anyone had success with this method?

alpha

hi,I got the catalogue not too long ago.They have some cool stuff.But way too expensive.I think I will eventually get the first wave.You guys say good things about it.I wanted it for a quicker way to get into a deep trance.And for my girlfriend she doesnt have much time to practice.And not much patience either.

I saw some other things in the cat. that interest me.Has anyone had experience with those cds' that are suppose to help stroke victims?If they work id like to get it for someone that I know.This person is paralyzed on one side of there body.He can move a little bit on that side,but not much.It says that it can give you some motor skills back.

And some of the books look good also.I just finished reading roberts and I want something else about obes'.Which ones did you like?

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

shandor

Hi everyone,
                     Well I have all 42 tapes in the Gateway series and have been using them on and off for over8 years. at first I was realy excited and restricted myself to 1 tape per week (using it every day) .When I didn't have an Obe after the first 6 i was a bit disapointed, but kept going. When they brought out the last 6 tapes (focus 21) I got realy excited again ,however I have never had an obe with the tapes.I must say though they have realy helped me in ways I cannot describe in words, and are extremely helpful for practicing deep trance states. I got abit disallusioned and didnt realy give the last 6 a proper go and lateley have been thinking of combining the tapes first then using RB's techniques after it has finished or during. I have had a few very short and rough obe's using RB's book and techniques and realy cant say enough about his work , it's definately the way to go. Sheer hard work and determination cant be beat by anything. I have a feeling also that until one is truely ready in all aspects that the full spectrum of the obe experience will be just out of reach. It is not the end product that is important but the journey getting there..........Dream well......Shandor

spz

shandor

To Alpha....I realy enjoyed his second book the best however you realy must read them all............there truely inspiring.

To Quebec.......I totally agree with your understanding of the vibrational levels, that is why it is important to do the ground work ie raising your energy storage  levels ,clearing blocks in the charkras, so your humming along like a well tuned car ready to rev higher to match the vibrations at these higher levels.......Bye

spz

quebec

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

All my obe work is done early morning whilst lying in bed. Focus 10, is achieved when you get to the stage where your mind is bright and alert and your physical body is deeply asleep. I posted on this just recently so a search should dig up the posts.

Quebec: I'm sorry but I cannot comment on the book you mention as I haven't read it. But what I can say is, anyone who can project to the Astral proper, cannot help but find themselves coming into ntact with "dead people"... as the place is chock full of them.

Yours,
Frank

Frank, I was refering to the two last books of Robert Monroe, on which you talked on another topic, that he was "phasing" into the astral.

This "phasing" seems to be what many have experienced with the help of the CD's. In what I have read, its not and out-of-body experience (though some have had it) but what you refered and what Monroe wrote in is lasts books as a "phasing".
The book that you haven't read (by Rosalind McKnight) was one of those people that he called explorer, that where trained to "phase-in" and help dead people.

scott6000

I am wondering as to weather or not anyone here has used any of the gateway tapes by the Monroe Institute? Has anyone succeded in an OOBE in using them? Thanks