Hi , I'm havin some trouble- help please.

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacara

quote:
then I looked back at my body and it was not on the bed anymore .. I dunno what that was all about

I believe the Treatise mentions that the brain will sometimes just refuse to believe that you can see yourself from elsewhere.
quote:
my body will start to itch in various places .. this REALLY REALLY AGGRIVATES ME .. ohh GOD I hate it .. I will sit there and try to focus on making it go away until it does ..

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one this happens to!

I wish I could help, but you've gotten farther than I have.  I think I had two OBEs in the middle of the night, but I don't remember them clearly at all and the only way I got to that state was waking up with vibrations.  It seems like I get most of my mid-sleep vibrations when I do full-body circuits before bed.  That's all I can suggest...
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

AndrewTheSinger

Hello Zarklon,

For you to astral project it is important that you finish your day first. Do all you have to do and make sure no one is gonna bother you when you are practicing.

You get the itchy sensations cause you are skipping part of the process. You can't simply jump up from the bed and go run a marathon right away, and you can't lie in bed and expect yourself to relax right away either.
The itch tells you just one thing, scratch, so take your time to get rid of everything that is disturbing you and find a comfortable position. Don't overlook it.

Also, don't worry if you're already very relaxed and get the itch again, go ahead and scratch yourself and continue with the relaxation, you'll be going progressively deeper into the relaxation everytime it happens.

You said you noticed that when you're very tired you get the feelings, but you can't help yourself from falling asleep. Fine, you must find a mid term there.
Don't try to project when you're exhausted, instead, do it when you feel you're just starting to slow down.

Next, forget about your body. After you're done with the relaxation let yourself fall asleep. Don't try to check it, you'll feel it when it comes. Just follow like a spy. Notice when the sounds from the physical plane disappear, it's like going deaf for a few seconds, notice when your thoughts become louder, and don't interfere, let go. Let all your senses wander off, disperse, don't focus.

You'll soon be aware of the trance state and ready to leave your body consciously.

There are some things that play a big role in you having success with the astral projection:

*Clear objective: The more specific the better. E.g.: to check the hour, to see your reflex in the bathroom's mirror, to manipulate energies with the astral body, to move an object, etc. Like someone once said here "Just set the goal and let go.";

*Serenity: If you get too much excited when you find yourself out of body you'll soon get back in. The same goes to the trance state, if you don't remain indifferent to all those pre-exit sensations you probably will wake up;

*Forget about the time: Use the clock just to check it when you're out, not when you're trying to leave;

*Know when/how to exit: First, identify when you're in the trance state. You may feel vibrations, floating sensations, electricity flowing through the body, feel warmth, paralysis, vision through eyelids, hear buzzings, music, etc. Second, you can either go with the flow or make your own efforts to exit:

- To go with the flow all you have to do is to be passive. Let the vibrations
increase and pretend you're asleep. Be receptive to whatever comes to you;

- Exiting by your own efforts is about creating sensations in order to induce your astral body to move off. E.g.: climb up a rope, spin around, roll out, slide aside, get up and walk to the door, etc. Be your dream body and put it in motion.

One can also exit after a dream is over. Just fall asleep with this intention. The advantage is that both mind and body are already very relaxed.

*Interaction: When you see something (with your eyes closed, obviously), interact with it. Strech out your astral hands and touch it. It will turn a mental projection into astral projection, and also make things clearer;

*Fill the task: Can be done more efficiently with:

- practice: by testing things;

- will-power: the ingredient that keeps you going on your way without being    distracted or discouraged.

- skill: the ability to turn practice into knowledge, and will-power into      results.

Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Zarklon

thank you both very much for your response !

I tried last night to project using a new technique .. I wasnt aware that you had to "not check your body" , I kept testing myself to see what my body felt liek when it was asleep so last night I didnt do that .. I focussed on that sound that you hear when everything is really quiet and I focussed on making it louder and quieter , just playin around and within a few minutes , I got extreme falling , dizzy , spinning , itchy sensations and my third eye chakra was goin nuts , it was making my eyes flutter like REM really really fast and then sometime either before that or while I was in a light trance , I had been trying to call for my girlfriend ( knowing she was asleep) to wake up and call me at 2am cause she had fallen asleep without calling me last night .. well .. the feelings ended suddenly and 10 seconds later , the phone rang .. it was her .

I dunno if I woke her up or what but That was really great and I know what I have to do now ... I was on the verge of getting vibrations but I got too excited thats all .. then it just ended.  Thanks a bunch for your reply , I'm gonna use that info.

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

Zarklon

Hello everyone , I am new to the forums but I have been visiting this page quite often during the past month .. I just realized they had a forum lol.

Anyway , I have been reading a whole lot about astral projection and I have been trying lots of thing to project..  
I have had 3 experiences so far .. my first was quite scary cause it felt like my toes were bending backwards and my legs were cramping but I could see through my eyelids perfectly and it felt as if my head was placed on my chest ( that was the viewpoint I got ) , My second experience was waking from a lucid dream to find myself very aware of the position I was sleeping in .. then I simply did a pushup like motion and 'peeled' myself from my ethric body and got off my bed to examine myself sleeping .. then walked around my room a bit and examined thing .. then I looked back at my body and it was not on the bed anymore .. I dunno what that was all about ..
My third experience was much more realistic .. It happened one morning in class .. I was dead tired and I was in a very comfortable position in my desk .. I was listening to the teacher go over a test with my eyes closed .. then I had thoughts of "Hmm maybe I should project" so I then started thinking about how relaxed I was and every now and then I would look up at the board to try to figure out what my teacher was explaining , then put my head back down.. well.. after a while , I suddenly heard the buzzing noise and felt vibrations ( this was surprising to me ) .. I heard them a few seconds after I started focusing on that little high pitched noise that you hear when everything is really quiet .. but anyway , after  Igot that buzzing experience , I remained relaxed and just let it happen .. then I heard my friend trying to get my attention ..  He was calling out my name  so I ignored him for a bit and then I decided to turn to him and talk to him ..  I realized then that I couldnt move at all ..  iwas totally paralyzed and it was pretty exciting .. then I was getting worried so  Iwaited for him to touch me .. when he did , I jerked furiously in the direction I was trying to move.. We were both pretty shocked hehe..

That is the most realistic experience I've had after reading all this about astral projection but my problem is ..  Icant enduce it when I want to.  I will lay down and I can get my body 100 percent relaxed and very very comfortable .. then I will think about a bunch of things and try to clear my mind a bit until I'm thinking about one thing .. being somewhere closeby and staring at something .. eventually I will get a falling feeling and my body will start to itch in various places .. this REALLY REALLY AGGRIVATES ME .. ohh GOD  I hate it .. I will sit there and try to focus on making it go away until it does .. then after that stage is over .. I dont really experience anything else .. I will feel my muscles start to twitch  and then I'm just left lieing there .. when I think my body is asleep , I'll test it by moving a limb and I will get frustrated cause when I try to move. . I move .. I'm not paralyzed at all .. I cannot enduce the vibrations or the paralysis at all.  I tried doing this today and I just lay on my bed for like 2 hours feeling nothing .. I tried the rope technique , chakra engerizing , breathing in white light and exhaling toxic clouds , breathing and counting my breaths , I tried everything and I got no feelings at all..

What should I do ?  I know that if I'm really tired , I can get the dizzy feelings , heaviness , floating feelings ,but then I just fall sleep and wake upthe next morning.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should try?  Whats the best way to enduce the vibrations ? If I get to that point , I really think i can work something out.  

Thanks , By the way , I'm reading the Treatise on OOBE now , I'm at page 96
Long live the boards ! :)

PS:  If anyone is willing to talk to me through AIM , ICQ , MSN etc.. please do so..
My AIM name is  : Scrotomicbomb  
MSN: Nothingreallytrue@hotmail.com
I'm on each one of them whenever I'm online , I'de really like to talk to someone directly.  Thanks

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb