How do I cope with excitement and anxiety when attempting to Astral Project?

Previous topic - Next topic

Crocodilian123

I have been trying to astral project for quite some time now. I always get too excited and anxious and my hearts start pounding. How do I relax? I really want to astral project.

ISBA

Focus on your breathing and count numbers down or imagine your thoughts burning into bubbles.  Must find inner peace.  Let it flow and not give in to astonishment.  Let your eyes create beauty in the darkness if your eyelids aND let go any anexity you are powerful.  The most powerful of your observation.

Bluefirephoenix

Your anxiety might be caused by a fear of death. If you believe you separate from your body during projection perhaps you should consider another theory about it. This should help your anxiety. 

I prefer the term phasing because it's more descriptive.  Each perceptive level including the physical perceptive level has a particular sound to it. ( this is an example)   phasing happens when you completely focus on the sound of the perceptive level you want to explore.  If you match a sound level and focus completely on that then you subjectively feel you are out of body.

These different perceptive levels are always inhabited by you. Just as you continue to have a physical body that functions when you phase to a different level so you continue on that level when you are in your physical body. A dream is a good example of this. You are completely focused in the dream to what is going on there but your body continues even though you are not consciously aware of it's existance at that time.

If you have anxiety about a new experience chances are when you attempt it, it will come across as a dream which is familiar. The lucidity  will increase as you relax.

Crocodilian123

Thanks guys. I will keep trying and work on relaxing. I'm not scared of death. When my heart starts pounding it's really distracting and feels like it's going to pop out of my chest. I'll make the intention to take a nap because I do have dreams when I nap sometimes.