How has OBE changed you?

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Before I became interested in obes, I was such a practical person. I beleived in nothing more than what I could see and touch. I beleived that after death, that was it; there was nothing more. I did not beleive in spirits, souls, guides, dream meanings... I was blind! Now I am so different. I feel I have opened up... by day I am a perservearing student, by night I seek the thrill of a lifetime; springing up at early hours of the morning and pushing my astral body to the limit. How has OBE changed you?

The land of nod is my refuge

sunneysoul71

Hi!

I always found it presumptuous and ultimately quite amusing when people like the one you used to be, tried to explain the world to me, talking about the laws of physics, the history of mankind and all that.

Even as a child I felt that there was much more out there than most of us understand on a conscious level and that until we find out about it, we should not teach our young about things that we can't be sure of and claim it to be "the truth".

I was hoping that one day this unknown world would open up to me if only I looked hard enough. And so it happened or is happening, I should say.

Since I have started OBEing, I have come to believe that in the context of multidimensional reality, our sciences and views of ourselves are largely bogus and limited to a small aspect of existence, if they are correct at all.

I have opened up to a whole new experience and started unlearning much of the "knowledge" that was instilled in me.

I am feeling much better now, having taken the learning process into my own hands.

Best wishes!

Michael
The most dependable information on the six o'clock news is the weather report.

Willis

Michael, I second your whole post.  Your post is reflective on my own experience.  It is too bad there is such strong cultural biases towards the close mindedness of this subject.  What we could accomplish if society believed in this and explored this aspect of reality as great as we do other scientific endevours (like physics).  The planet Earth and the human species would finally be in communion with the heavens (for good or bad).
"We are into the opening stages of a human-caused biotic holocaust--a wholesale elimination of species--that could leave the planet impoverished for at least five million years." - National Academy of Sciences

RTCovenant

I feel my attempt to OBE led to other experiences. In the end result, It made me very tolerant. I used to not be as tolerant but I seem tolerant to everyone now.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Andali27

Dunno.  I kind of feel different in a way that I can't really describe because I know all these things that others don't and I have this massive secret no one else wants to know (what's the point of the secret then?? :D )  I've been thinking about it more lately.  I walk around each day like usual but underneath there's something more.  A realisation others can't even begin to comprehend or would want to.  It's riviting really when I sit down and think about it.

Willis, you're right.  If people were more open to the subject and not so close minded, only believing what science says is possible, we'd be living in a different world.

Overall, I'm the same me during the day but I'm more in tune with everything and at night, a lone adventurer (when I actually project on purpose, *shrugs* win some lose some  :D )

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Telos

Quote from: Andali27I kind of feel different in a way that I can't really describe because I know all these things that others don't and I have this massive secret no one else wants to know (what's the point of the secret then?? :D )  I've been thinking about it more lately.  I walk around each day like usual but underneath there's something more.  A realisation others can't even begin to comprehend or would want to.  It's riviting really when I sit down and think about it.

Wow, Andali. That was really inspiring.

Since I've known of AP I've been somewhat bitter knowing that I am the only one I've ever personally met (and continuously as more people enter my life) who takes an active interest in his dreams. I just don't understand why others have ignored it for so long, and that has caused me a great deal of discomfort and confusion.

But that's a fantastic way of looking at it. Thank you so much, Andali.

Gandalf

I has changed me profoundly.. I am now 30 but i first came to this subject when i was 13. I saw an advert for a book on 'how to have an obe'.. i didnt even know what it was, but read the back of the book and thought with my 13 year old mindset... 'hey wouldnt it be cool to fly around out of body!' It really was that banal a reason lol!

One night i tried the techniques and probably due to my non-sceptical 13 year old mindset, I crucially *had no doubt it would work*.. and guess what? iT DID work! it was so easy. Within minutes i had massive vibrations going through me and i felt myself rising out of my body... i was absolutly terrified as i felt i had crossed the boundary of the 'normal everyday', and into the great unknown. Of course back then there was no one else to talk to about this so i kept it all to myself, it was a lonely time. Anyway, i immediatly ended the experience before i got fully out, i was terrified, i guess part of me didnt realise just how 'real' this was going to be.

Unfortunalty for me at the time, that wasnt the end of it. as Monroe says, 'once you have had one such experience, a door is opened which can never be fully closed again', and he's right, even although for years after i would dread going to sleep at night for fear that the vibrations would come on again (which they sometimes did), there was no real escape, i had to live with it and live with this secret fear myself, how would my parents or anyone else i know ever understand?

Can you believe it took until i got onto the internet and discovered this board (2001/2002), to discover that in fact i wasnt alone and that obe wasnt so scary after all, it was then I first began to get over my fear.

Thanks to the encouragement of people of this obard, i soon got over my fear by reading everything i could on obe and astral explorations.. i also began to activly TRY to obe..my fear was gone.. now my obe ability was no longer a curse but a blessing and i have never looked back. The progress i have made in the past three years has been astounding, compared to the previous 17!

I still wonder if it was just 'chance' that i happend to pick up that book 17 years ago, or if i was 'meant' to find it.. who knows. All I know now is that I'm SO glad i did, despite the initial years of fear I had to live through. Now i hate to imagine what my life would have been like if I hadnt picked up that book... another joe just doing the normal routine of living and working... i still do that as well of course, but there is an added dimension to my life that makes it all a hell of a lot more interesting imo!

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Andali27

You're welcome Telos

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Davo

Establishment (I coined the cover term!) has changed me in ways I have never thought possible.  My friend's think I'm more spacy than ever and I'm more relaxed and calm with myself and I'm abole to concerntrate more, depending on what I do, DIE MATH!
All in all I don't know how I could have gotten by without it and realising this stuff existed!

Davo!
Size doesn't matter in the real world, cause one day it's real the rest is just your imagination . . .

Leprechaun

Im still tryin' to find out how an OBE will change me. Im pretty sure it can change you ina pretty big way if you let it.  Thats the main reason I wanna be able to do that.
Tommy R. Messinger

collins827

Oh my Gosh!!!! Gandalf, I have done the exact same thing as you!

I am 13 years old myself, and I have that "mindset" you speak about. I was in a library a week ago and saw this book that had a really cool looking picture on the title page of the book. It was what the author of the book had pictured in the astral in his mind. I flipped that book over with a change in heart... As my grandmother used to always say " Never judge a book by it's cover..." That is why I judge it by the back of the cover :). So I started to read the back cover of the book... And wow... I can fly? That is total bull I thought to myself... I kept reading, and reading, and reading pages for an hour straight, amazed. I thought to myself, "He would not write a book this big on false facts.." So i took the book out and here I am a week later, life changed after a week. I am 13 years old... And I am looking forward to starting my new life. I can't imagine it sometimes. 2 Lives? Astral and Physical. Both have their own dangers, yet Astral is safer in many ways, and can be very beautiful. Wow... This is why I am excited and looking forward to getting my first OBE.

"Life is Beautiful, remember that Brandon. No matter what thoughts go through your head about friends hurting your feelings, or making you do bad things...." My favorite teacher who had died in a car crash this year told me to remember that quote... I understand a big meaning of it now... I have wrote it down in blue permanent marker on my wall, and mostly used school books.

"Life is Beautiful, Remember it..." "Don't Quit"

Remember it..."
I will see you on the islands of the world...

Veccolo

> How has OBE changed you?

It didn't. I'm the same moody, sometimes arrogant and very lazy person I was before I got into this stuff. I still have no interest in the common spiritual subjects (guides, higher self, past lives, etc.), and I still don't care about most other things as well. I'm still the (voluntary) lone wolf I was before.

I read that OBEs are such intense experiences that you will lose all doubts about the after life, souls etc and "just know" that those things are real. Well, I didn't have nearly as much OBEs as others did, but the few ones I had surely didn't help me to "just know" that souls, guides, the after life or whatever are real. Some people jump to conclusions about these things way too quickly, imo.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

collins827

Imo, you weren't looking for anything to change you in the AP... Did you just get into the AP and think.. "oh.. wow another place big diff" If so, no wonder you don't understand! It is like me saying "look around the room" you will be looking around the room... Now i will say" look for the color red" immediately you will probably find something in the room your in that is the color red or has the color in it. This is because you were looking for it. When you were looking around the room, what were you looking for? Nothing!

Think about it... Its changed people alot for many reasons... Some like Robert Bruce have been in high levels of the Astral.. Meeting lost loved ones that had once passed away. That brings meaning, and understanding to the after life.

I think the effects are amazing in the AP. Still wondering if I can see lottery ticket numbers though... lol

MisterJingo

I'm not too sure how OBEs have changed me. They have always been a part of my life, even though earliest memories are vague. When I was a child I used to get excited about going to sleep. I mean real excitement like I would get the night before Christmas. My dreams have always been as real as life memories to me, and generally as involved.
I guess astral experiences started around this time, but I have earlier confusing memories - more of sensations felt with my being. Lying in bed at night and shrinking to a point, smaller then an atom, and feeling a vast, incomprehensible form near me (the universe?) and also quite frequent entity contact. My earliest memories also show I had very keen visualisation skills. I could lie in bed at night with my eyes open to the darkness, and watch objects going across my field of vision as if they where really there - sadly this skill has waned as I have got older. I have always suffered from sleep paralysis too (And so has my Dad strangely - I've talked to him about OBEs and he doesn't recall having any - but I have seen him wandering around the house when I have been OBE, but his eyes seemed glazed and unseeing as I tried communicating with him)
I learnt what OBEs where around 16 years of age, and have practiced conscious exit since then. Like Gandalf, my first ever attempt was successful. The vibrations did scare me, and I remember seeing a hand in front of my face open its fingers, palm facing me.
A change I have noticed regards my general outlook. My main area of interest has always been OBE, but as experience mounted, I became interested in other areas - keenly that of 'reality' and the self. I seem to forever question everything, pulling things apart and re-evaluating.

Veccolo

collins:

If I project and look for evidence that the after life doesn't exist, I will find that evidence as well. That's the nature of the subjective realms: you will find what you look for.

collins827

You have me confused, once you find the evidence let me know. I would like to see what you find. That's very interesting in what you claim.

Veccolo

Maybe I should have put evidence into "". Of course you won't find any real evidence against the after life. The same goes for pro after life evidence.

What I mean: Whatever _you_ consider to be evidence (be it pro or contra after life, for example), you will find it if you look for it.

An example: If I think that meeting my dead grand parents will be evidence for the after life, then I will find it if I look for this kind of evidence.

The fact that you can find whatever you want to find while APing, reduces the value of evidence you find there dramatically.

collins827

Hmm, well Veccolo I am confused. I guess it is a matter of opinion when it comes to this topic. Nobody knows for sure what is going to happen when we die. We just have to wait and see :)  I will simply leave my ending statement to this post.  You know the old saying, "I say to-ma-to and you say to-may-to" It happens! Peace out.

Veccolo

Quote from: collins827Nobody knows for sure what is going to happen when we die. We just have to wait and see :)

Exactly! That's my opinion as well.

Tracy

Well, obe's have changed my mind on a lot of subjects.  I'm always breath taken by all the different spiritual things you can see and experience.   It has blown my mind and taught me patience.  It's been a wild ride.

Potatis

Quote from: MisterJingoI could lie in bed at night with my eyes open to the darkness, and watch objects going across my field of vision as if they where really there - sadly this skill has waned as I have got older.

That's jogged my memory! I used to do that too! I had completely forgotten that! I wonder what that was all about anyway? hehe.

Potatis

poetic_tragedy

Before I ever had any OBE's I never realized who I truly was. I looked in the mirror and what I thought I saw was me. After having four in one week my outlook on life has drastically changed. Now, when I look in the mirror I know that what I am looking at is simply a body holding me. Not only holding me - but everyone else that exists. (A song by Tool perfectly describes my thoughts). This has helped me become MUCH LESS judgemental towards people because I am able to see that their is a soul inside of them that is their true self, not their physical body. For the first time, I actually feel as if I am looking on the inside rather than the outside.  I feel extremely grateful to simply have a body that I can use as my tool to live this life:  To help people,  to play music, to make art, to embrace, to do so many things that when your dead- you can't really do (at least I don't think so..). All these little things, I used to take for granted. Besides this, everything I have done to induce OBE's (meditation, etc.) and OBEs itself has helped me become a much more relaxed person. For instance, rather than letting anger get control of me (like so many people do) - I am able to stand aside and realize that it is time to learn to not respond with such an emotion. It really is silly. Anyway, I guess in a way.. OBE's have "saved me".... :)