How important is being physically tired / the sleep reflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

I know ideally you need like 6h of sleep or to be a little tired to maximize your chances of phasing, but, from what I read, the most experienced phasers don't seem to have this limitation.

I've started taking practice seriously again and what I've recently noticed is there's a "sleep switch" that activates 5-30m in.  I think that's what's responsible for falling asleep / losing consciousness.  It's a sudden event, like a punch to the face, with the sole purpose of beginning sleep.  I'm assuming this is the key to phasing, but I know how people like Tom Campbell can phase while walking/talking in the physical, so perhaps the key is something else.

I can usually manage to maintain consciousness through the event, but the act of me noticing the switch seems to snap me back and I don't transition anywhere, or at least not properly.  Yet if I don't notice the sleep switch then I, of course, inevitably fall asleep.

Nameless

This is a very good question Kree. I can't say I have a definitive answer for you but will note my personal observations and think you might be on to something.

I have long noted that my most active times have always or nearly always been at my most tired. I am not talking just being sleepy but being exhausted, totally wiped out with anxiety, worry, extreme activity, illness and such over a long period of time. I think it is because of a natural disconnect experienced at those times. When I am well rested and life is smooth I actually need to do a bit of meditating and work to get the same results.

I think this speaks to how capable we are of 'not thinking' and letting our minds just tiptoe around at any time. Which is why many people need to be very relaxed (sleepy) and others can walk and talk at the same time.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Kree

Quote from: Nameless on August 01, 2022, 17:26:33
This is a very good question Kree. I can't say I have a definitive answer for you but will note my personal observations and think you might be on to something.

I have long noted that my most active times have always or nearly always been at my most tired. I am not talking just being sleepy but being exhausted, totally wiped out with anxiety, worry, extreme activity, illness and such over a long period of time. I think it is because of a natural disconnect experienced at those times. When I am well rested and life is smooth I actually need to do a bit of meditating and work to get the same results.

I think this speaks to how capable we are of 'not thinking' and letting our minds just tiptoe around at any time. Which is why many people need to be very relaxed (sleepy) and others can walk and talk at the same time.

My experience has been the same.  But the sleep switch gets triggered most easily at a time when I'm tired enough to take a nap, but not tired enough to actually sleep fully.  I think Frank Kepple's talked about getting through the sleep barrier or something, I'll have to reread his posts again.

I'm hoping that, with enough experience, sleep won't be necessary.