Need some help with Phasing/wilding

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan4487

Every night after about 7 hours sleep I attempt a Wild. After a while I sink quite deeply into the hypnagogic state. Long scenes start to play out, I hear weird types of sounds and start speaking random sentences as if I'm in a conversation.

I can comfortably maintain awareness by repeating my mantra, but the problem I'm having is entering the dream. I'm not sure how to do it. Do I let the scenes/images play out by themselves, or do I try to arrange them or even imagine myself in a distant location? I don't want to be kept awake by trying too hard. I feel that I'm very close to wilding/phasing. I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.

P.S. -  I'm not sure if this is relevant but I've also been having so many flying dreams since I started attempting to astral project. 3/4 times a week I'm in a dream where I'm falling, and very loud roaring sensations happen. I feel vertigo in my stomach. It feels like my body is frozen and then starts melting away and I wake up. It feels almost exactly like I'm on a subway train.

Szaxx

The sensations you are feeling are all signposts of success.
A read of the link provided may solve the issue.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Dan4487

Wow, thank you, Szaxx, that was a fantastic article. It was exactly what I need help on. One mistake I keep making is when I'm watching the scene play out, as soon as I say my mantra "I'm dreaming" I awaken again. I need to find a way to be more subtle and remember to keep all the focus away from my physical body. I've lost count the number of times I've seen swirling circle patterns and thought to myself "yes, I'm falling asleep now" and I'm right back at the beginning. There was a lot of emphasis on passivity in your link and I'll definitely take note.

Szaxx

Being passive is a major key to success. If your awareness is easily kept and you can get to the stage where you have no connection with the physical, a method of exit where you keep that state of  visualisations aka mini-dreams repeating, you can use this to exit on command. You are capable of creating the scene with all the synchronous noises within a couple of seconds and it seemingly enters you. Many other methods feel like you are entering the scene already created by who/whatever.
I'm still perfecting this and it's a little slow to develop. It works every time once the particulars have been met. A balance of sleep is required, not too much and not to little.
Once rested and aware it occurs as in the link provided at the very first mini-dream. I can get to that state within a minuit or two easily.
I have had decades of experiences so that may be cheating a little lol.
Your method is working well, a little fine tuning is required.
I'd guess your problem is jumping in to the scene too soon. I went through that trying to control everything. It fails every time. I stopped and let things just happen and everything fell into place. In the 80's Id go oob during lunchbreak at work. I had total control of everything including how much our time elapsed before it ceased. This was easily attained once familiar with dissassociation from the physical. Master this and the astral will become an immense playground.

Contenteo

Yup. I am going to echo Szaxx here.

I have been where you are. The goal now is to learn to be passive. You have strengthened your mind a tremendous amount to get to this stage.( I am sure you are seeing some sort of payoff in daily life too  :-D)
Now its time to learn to let go. It's time to learn to relax and let yourself fall into what you are experiencing. You've filled the cup, now empty it.

I can't give you instruction for this part either, any 'doing' would be going about your struggle in the wrong way. It is by not doing that you will now progress. It is by knowing what doesn't exist along with you in that state that will allow you to become part of that state of mind and WILD.

I could write paragraph on paragraph right now, but I think simply saying that you will now have to experience yourself experiencing another perspective while in that state along what I said above cryptic enough to get you through it. Best of luck...hmmm...or should I say say 'not' luck.  :-D

Cheers,
Contenteo

Dan4487

Thank you for the replies Szaxx and Contenteo, I appreciate it and it really helps. I going to keep reminding myself to be passive and not jump into the images too quickly. I've improved at maintaining the hypnagogic state for longer now and that's something I'm pleased about. Sometimes whenever I've been awake for a while I also see two very bright and quick camera flashes. I don't know what that's about or if it's normal but it happens frequently.

Last night as I was trying to Wild I felt tingling in my body quite strongly as well. It was felt all through my back, arms and chest. At the time I was deep into the hypnagogic state and I found myself watching a scene that involved Thomas Campbell giving a lecture in a classroom. Then he handed us a paper and I was able to read the words quite clearly. All the time this happened I was still aware of what was happening. I just need to let myself be drawn into the dream and not force things.

Szaxx

The flashes are also known as strobing. There's a topic or two on this.
Staying passive keeping your mind aware enough is quite a tough cookie to bite. Once remembered and familiar it helps you attain the 'concious projection at will' state. Things have to be set-up correctly first but once learned you can enjoy being out to order on most occasions.
Being able to obtain the hypnagogic state quickly shows good practices and training. I too can get to this state at will, even if I'm driving at 70mph.   
Control is achieved in stages by becoming familiar with the many sensations experienced in the art.
As you progress the steps taken become second nature and you stop the 'how to' frame of mind and it simply becomes a 'do it' as it's easy.
The final exchange from the last physical tie is always the tricky one. As the body is dropped and the   autopilot mode takes control, you are still aware of the body slightly and this part stumbles many. Missing heartbeats or gasping for air as it feels like you have stopped breathing for yourself always plays on your mind. You may already have experienced this. You wake up thinking WTF as full memory and awareness kicks in again you realise the mistake. It's fear, one that's a natural physical aspect of staying alive but this is controlled by your subconcious. Ignore the physical totally, its safe, it's safer under subconcious control than concious control. It does this every time you sleep.
I hope this clears some thoughts of yours and you can drop the physical to proceed faster in your travels.