How to sleep paralysis

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

Just need some advise.. How can u induce sleep paralysis.. All of my successful obe's involve sleep paralysis as if it's the gateway for obe.. All of my SP experience happened naturally though but I want to know how to induce it.. I tried many other techniques for obe but they poorly work

mon9999

Xanth

One of the common misconceptions is that sleep paralysis is something you can "induce".  It's not.

Sleep Paralysis is the term for when an otherwise normal bodily process malfunctions.
When you sleep at night, your brain secretes a chemical that immobilizes your body (except for two muscles: your eyes and heart).
Just before you "wake up", that immobilization is supposed to stop/wear off and you're then able to move again.  This happens BEFORE you become conscious.

Sleep Paralysis happens while coming OUT and is a malfunction in that you become conscious BEFORE the immobilization wears off.  That's all.

You can't induce this... what you CAN do, however, is set it up so that you have a greater chance of causing the malfunction to happen.

Check out: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/fantastic_obe_technique_bedeekins_method-t31819.0.html
Aptly named Bedeekin's method, since it's the method he has used for decades in order to project from sleep paralysis.

It's what I thought the first link I provided you was.  My apologies for that.  :)

soarin12

I accidentally set up the conditions for the Bedeekin method when I first started having OBEs.  I was not trying to have an OBE, nor had I ever read anything on the subject.  I had gotten in the habit of taking a nap at 6 or 7:00 pm at night.  The house never stays quiet for long during the evening so someone would usually wake me up within an hour or hour and a half.  Then at 11:00 or midnight, I'd go to bed for the night.  Imagine my surprise when, about 5 min. or so after lying down and still conscious, I found myself levitating and floating around the room! 

With this method, you'll know within the first few minutes of lying down whether it's working or not.  The different 'feel' is unmistakable.