How to stop having OBEs? :/

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarvegan

Hello everyone. You may have noticed that pretty much every post I've made on here (with this account and my old account) about my astral experiences are usually always negative in nature. I honestly wish this wasn't the case, but unfortunately this trend reflects the VAST majority of my astral trips.

I'm very much thinking that maybe astral projection isn't a good idea for someone with paranoid schizophrenia (which is something I've been diagnosed with). I go to the astral realm several times a week, and its usually a living nightmare almost every time...even when it seems like it will be a good trip, something happens and it all turns to hell. I wish so bad that I could have the sort of experiences that many of you have; encounters with guides (I call for my guide every time, and he never comes), voyages through space and time (its as though something prevents me from flying high enough and I'm terrible at teleporting to somewhere that isn't in the RTZ and off this planet :x ) and spiritual development...in the 2 years I've been projecting AT LEAST once a week - I can count the good experiences I've had on one hand.  :oops:

The problem is, I don't control when or if I project - it just happens to me spontaneously, and frequently.

First off, I can't say anything specific or insulting about the entities in this post as I fear they could be watching and that they will exact revenge on me when I project next if I talk against them...but I'll give some examples of what's happened to me in the last couple of days:

To begin with, there is, without exception, ALWAYS someone in my apartment when I project, the majority of times they are hostile. I'm very envious of those who project with no bottom feeders in their room..you do not know how fortunate you are.  :| I usually just pretend to be in body and sleeping, but that doesn't always fool them..Yesterday my awareness was so clear that I actually believed someone had broken into my apartment in the physical realm; when I looked at the clock it was the right time, and my boyfriend was at work so it wasnt him: I heard the front door unlock, open, someone out in the kitchen, then my bedroom door opened and I just closed my eyes tight and pretended to be sleeping, and then I felt his fingers on my neck (as though he was checking my pulse?): I felt as though I would faint in fear because it was so real... the entire situation just felt so ominous, despite being more peaceful than most of my exists. The feeling of fear doesn't leave when I regain control of my body and the astral people stop touching me, attacking me or making noise - I can feel the entities in the apartment with me and I have to hide in the bathroom until I feel that they've left.

When I actually do make it to other places, beautiful places, I am often times deceived against my will as soon as I concede and trust someone I meet there. Just the other night I projected and found myself in a beautiful, peaceful graveyard in a field...I met with a woman there who was so beautiful and kind, someone who I gave my trust to, I felt I could believe her kindness, and that she was a being of light. It was as though as soon I trusted her, the entire atmosphere just changed and she morphed into something very disturbing, disgusting and very evil - she looked like a zombie demon thing and rushed towards me as though she was going to devour me! Suddenly I could hear malicious voices all around me. This same entity (a shapechanger) has been bothering me for months and I don't know how to get rid of it, she is getter better at her disguises. I know she isn't a guide because this is not something that a guide should do - it was TERRIFYING and I felt incredibly uncomfortable and afraid. I didn't know those things could disguise themselves THAT well.

I called for God and suddenly I was in a light, like white rain and I was in every drop - it would have been incredible - if I hadn't been simultaneously bombarded with scary, evil imagery (why would "god" do that???) and then told to embrace my femininity ( :? :? :? ). Luckily when I asked the light to bring me back to my body, It did.

If I don't have OBEs, I have frustrating recurring lucid dreams where I see a bright ball of light, I think representing the God archetype, but I can't get to it - its always higher than I can fly.  This really scares me because I'm afraid that God doesn't want anything to do with me...I'm afraid when I die God will leave me to be harassed and assaulted for eternity by these monsters. I am so scared, no unbelievably TERRIFIED of dying and being abandoned by God to these abominations that I can't go anywhere or do anything with my life anymore.

Not to mention, I don't think that schizophrenia is a good combination with APing as my grasp on physical reality is already tenuous at best; having these experiences only loosens whatever small hold I have left on it... often times I get the feeling that I'm dreaming in my waking life, and I constantly have to do reality checks to make sure I'm not in the astral...also now that I know there are spirits in my apartment, or even at my room at my parent's house, I constantly feel as though I'm being observed, constantly looking over my shoulder...

I have tried doing meditations that stop me from OBEing, but it hasn't helped. I don't want to increase my antipsychotic medication because of the innumerable side effects... I have been forbidden by my boyfriend from going back to bed when I wake up, or taking afternoon naps without him here - as there is a high chance of me having an OBE in these circumstances. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes of me being awake, and then falling back asleep to find myself out of body, though..as of now its a constant struggle, I can feel myself exiting, and then I have to fight to get back in my body - but I rarely ever manage to get back in before something bad happens. I know that feeling fear only aggravates or creates these sort of situations, but everything is so real, I honestly feel as though I am going to be killed sometimes - and I have such a HUGE fear of death as I truly believe God has forsaken me and does not love me or want me, so naturally these sort of things terrify me... I'm so scared that when I die God will not listen to me calling for It and I will have to stay in the lower planes with these creatures without anyone to help me to the "other side" (as they rarely ever help me when I call for help now!) What's worse is that I know this fear and stress is poisoning my physical body and that I'll probably die sooner because of it. I mean, I'm only 21 years old!!! I shouldn't be having these type of thoughts but these experiences are causing me a lot of stress and grief and my fate is so uncertain at this point!

I know this sounds crazy, and this just sounds like late night rantings, (except I'm scared to go to sleep for obvious reasons :( )... I'm just really starting to hope somewhere inside that these experiences just stop...but more, 1000 times more, I'm really hoping that they somehow transform to be like the beautiful, mystical astral trips I've read about from other people. I'm very confused as to why these horrible situations happen to me as yes, I am pessimistic, cynical and sarcastic but I've never actually HURT anyone or anything! I mean, to give an example I am a raw vegan because of how against causing suffering I am! I don't understand...I really don't.  I want to be able to enjoy astral projection as a positive, spiritual experience, not a living hell. 

Tiffany

Pauli2

Before you randomly OBE or project, have you tried to gather love inside yourself? Once that you have met a bad entity, have you sent love to the heart of that entity? What happened?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Lunarvegan

I usually meditate and run PUL energy up and down my chakras before bed, but not right before I project, as most of the times when I project it happens when I accidentally fall back asleep in the morning or lay down to read in the afternoon and fall asleep then... No, I've never sent love to the entities because I am so scared - my first instinct is to run and try to get back to my body as soon as I can. I'm scared if I take time to send the love energy, they will either reach me if they were chasing me, or hurt me more out of anger. I keep telling myself that next time I will be braver, and confront them, and then try to send positive light energy and PUL their way - but my fear always overcomes me every time, because in the heat of the moment my instincts are to flee or be hurt, and I'm scared of the pain and the possibility of dying and being stuck there with them...as absurd as that sounds.   :|

moondreamer

Sorry you are having these scary experiences.  I agree with what Paul said.  Also, it may be your own fear that is changing the good situation into something scary.  I have found that if I become fearful, the things around me turn scary and dark.  It is difficult once you are fearful to change that, but it can be done.  Also, could some of these entities possibly be higher beings teaching you about this?  I have had this happen where something would suddenly feel scary, but I was never in any danger...this taught me a lot about what power I have in that realm.

Angie
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

Lunarvegan

Oh...I knew you could change things in lucid dreaming, but not the astral realm, that's kind of comforting to know though...the weird thing is, when I asked this girl who I described (the one who morphed into a demon) she told me that she was a "product of my subconscious mind"...which I found strange, since I am sure I've NEVER seen her and I am 100% sure that I was definitely at astral awareness, and beyond lucid awareness at that moment. What happened here is this girl, is um, well, she...revealed herself as a hermaphrodite in a vulgar way (I know this is strange  :?) and it was only then that I began to doubt the situation, and then everything went RAPIDLY downhill from there, so you might be right that the situation deteriorates when I start to doubt things... but why would a higher being act vulgar and crude?

What's stranger is that this isn't an isolated event. I see these sort of shapeshifters all the time - in many dreams, many lucid dreams, and many astral trips. They take the shape of ex boyfriends, family members and kind, loving strangers that I feel like I can trust...something always seems "off" about them, though and it isn't until I give them my trust that I know why: as soon as I trust them they reveal themselves as something sinister. This leads to me not knowing who to trust, and being scared of most everyone - even if they might be guides.  :| And of course, this fear just creates more negative occurrences; since when I hear someone in my apartment, I automatically think that they are malevolent, and by thinking that they so become. Its a vicious cycle and I don't know how to get out of it. :(

moondreamer

Have you considered that this could, indeed, be coming from your own subconscious?  I do believe in other beings in astral, but I have a very difficult time sometimes deciphering if the being is something from my own subconscious or not.  I have found that most of the time the really scary things/beings are coming from my subconscious mind.  They are parts of us that sometimes represent what we most fear about ourselves and others.  They often take the form of people we know and can relate to, and they also can be something our waking mind does not recognize.  While being very scary, they can also be used to learn about ourselves and what we need to work on. 

There are many tools you can use when you find yourself in a scary spot.  What Paul mentioned about showing love is one of the best.  I have also turned my arms into 'swords' to confront them, or take on the stance of a superhero.  But sometimes it is just best to come back to your body, because I agree that once things start really going downhill, it is hard to make that switch.
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

blis

QuoteI keep telling myself that next time I will be braver, and confront them, and then try to send positive light energy and PUL their way - but my fear always overcomes me every time, because in the heat of the moment my instincts are to flee or be hurt, and I'm scared of the pain and the possibility of dying and being stuck there with them

I havent read your other posts and dont know the nature of your schizoprenia so excuse me if I'm way off.

Is there any chance this could be a metaphor for some of your mental problems? The negative entities being aspects of your mind/personality that you're so scared of you run from them and dont accept them as parts of yourself. Being left on their own, the thought patterns behaving in their own way as seperate entities without the love in your heart to guide them and put them in context.

I dont know of any way for you to stop your projections but I'll mull it over and see if I can come up with anything. I feel for you, I was on antispsychotics for a while and it was terrifying.

On a side note, if I was as scared as you seem to be about where I would end up when I die, I'd go on the hemi-sync courses and try and get to know some people from the Lifeline course. If you know people irl who regularly conduct retrievals it might put your mind at rest to know that they could come and find you when you die.

Xanth

You might just need a break from all this.
As Robert Bruce might suggest, try not doing ANY metaphysical work for a few months... ground yourself completely within this physical reality.
Then if you begin to feel a balance here, try to open it back up slowly. 

djed

Maybe you should try not being a vegan for a while and see how it goes. Whenever i try being a vegetarian I become very sensitive and spacy.
Try eating fish one day and chicken the next and work yourself up to fillet steak and you might feel a little more physical.
I know the Sc.Ph is a serious illness and you probably talk to your doctor about these symptoms/experiences. Ask him about diet.
God Bless and good luck.
djed
I have a dream, a song to sing...d~ d~ d~

Karxx Gxx

Hey there  :wink:

(if  i seem opened and a lil  emotionall is  beacause i started listening to this song when i started reading this post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujJlmGxges pretty good. should listen to it before you go  to bed or when you read this. it sounds better at night,lol.  but you HAVE listing to the song while  reading. So stop now, open another sight and put this in. And i just got done. So do this at night. And  if  you have  read this in   the  moring,  stop  now and wait before  you go to bed.  I just have  a feeling that is what god (or whoever) wanted me to say to you. and when it stops, press replay :-D)

I got on today. Lately i havnt been getting on for some reason. i guess cuz of school and xbox,lol (im 16  :-D)
So i have been reading this book called our ultimate reality. I kinda dont understand it because it uses some big words and what not,lol. But i was reading  about  how things  happen for a reason. Its never chance or luck. The reason  why i said this is because i got  on today, and read a post. This one. Usually i dont read posts all the way thru when  it is long,  i just kinda skim through it.
But it was this post of all of them.

I feel like im suppose to be here to help you. And i think i really can. I dont know really much  anything about the astral at all, still confused about it.  But i still believe i can help. My moms dad had a kidney stone when i was 10 and it was pretty bad. I prayed, and  the  next day it just went away.. mom says i have been givin the  power of healing.  My moms  cat was blind when she was a kid.  She put  her  hands over its eyes,  and healed it.  I know it sounds far  fetched, but i  believe my mom. She also had  a friend which was an  angel. There has been things that has  happend that seems  spiritual  and what  not.  

When reading, i made a tear :'(
I know  its tough for you. But have faith. Mabey god  is trying to teach  you that.. Mabey  this will lead to good changes, even  if you think its bad.
You need believe in yourself. It is your body and  soul, you control it, so what you think is important. Im not sure if not doing  obe's will  make it better.
Also i dont contain knowledge on this subject so im not saying it wont be better. But i think you  need to learn how to control it.
If you stop  having them, if you have them again later on, it will  be bad. And what if you happen to pass away, will you be  stuck  with  it? o  god, i sound
like  im tryn to scare you but im  not! (Love this  song) But you need  to learn how to  not live with it,  but to change  it. This is not permanent.
Do you think that  you will just obe bad things forever? Do you think that you will  be able to not obe? Because what you think IS important.
I know, that you know that you will one day obe spectacular things. I  know  that you believe that. I  have  faith in you and  for you.
Things WILL be better. Theres not a doubt in my  mind,  and in yours. You have  a feeling that things will start turning in  your favor.

And i  hope this makes sence. I think god or whoever it is  sent  me here today.
And i thank you. I have forgotten  the gift  i posses. I have been letting it being used for nothing. Theres tons  of people  who need healing
or help, and i know i have that power to do  so.
So thank you. These things that has  happened lead  you  to  search  for  help,  to post  something on here. And  from that  post  it reminded me of what i have.
And since now i again know what i have, i can change peoples lives. These things that has happened to you, has possibly, know, will save and change others
lives, including yours.

This helped me also relize, or to give more proof that everything  does happen for a  reason..
So now i will help you, but i need your help too.
Dont worry, god  has  sent me  and is looking out for you.

Thank you  :')
Your way is The way

Greytraveller

Hallo Lunarvegan
Here's a suggestion that you may want to try. During the waking hours of the day think about what you want to do and where you want to go during your next OBE. Then translate those thoughts into a vocal affirmation. Perhaps try saying something along the lines of,  "I want to go to (location) and perform (activity) during my next OBE!" Repeating affirmations several times a day can supercharge the subconscious mind which will follow through on those autosuggestions during the next OBE.
Perhaps it will work and maybe it will not but it would be worth a try.

Regards  8-)
Grey

human_eraser

Spontanuous projections are usually negative. Unfortunatley I have the same problem. You can't get to th light because that is Heaven, and u must b dead to go there. That shapeshifter might be the gaurdian. It different for everyone.

Bruce Wayne

It sounds like you have some issues with fear. I had the same problem as yourself and I stopped for awhile. If you want to stop having O.B.E's you need to stop focusing on it. For example, stop posting on astral projection forums or reading books on it etc. In addition, if you lay on your back try sleeping on your stomach. I believe that the larger consciousness system will test us until we overcome our fears. The more you face the fear and accept it your experiences could become more positive. In addition, writing out some affirmations like "my out of body experiences are beautiful and positive experiences" might help with programming your subconscious for the positive. I hope this helps.

Get a Free Ebook on the benefits of astral projection click here =>Learn Astral Projection

CFTraveler

Quote from: Lunarvegan on February 12, 2011, 02:10:18
Hello everyone. You may have noticed that pretty much every post I've made on here (with this account and my old account) about my astral experiences are usually always negative in nature. I honestly wish this wasn't the case, but unfortunately this trend reflects the VAST majority of my astral trips.

I'm very much thinking that maybe astral projection isn't a good idea for someone with paranoid schizophrenia (which is something I've been diagnosed with).
I think you may be correct about that, Tiffany.  I wish it weren't true, and maybe it's not, but paranoia can be a big problem when you are projecting your conscious awareness into a thought-responsive environment.  I wouldn't want to do it either if I were in your situation.

QuoteI go to the astral realm several times a week, and its usually a living nightmare almost every time...even when it seems like it will be a good trip, something happens and it all turns to hell. I wish so bad that I could have the sort of experiences that many of you have; encounters with guides (I call for my guide every time, and he never comes), voyages through space and time (its as though something prevents me from flying high enough and I'm terrible at teleporting to somewhere that isn't in the RTZ and off this planet :x ) and spiritual development...in the 2 years I've been projecting AT LEAST once a week - I can count the good experiences I've had on one hand.  :oops:
I have to say, that I don't think many people have contact with guides.  I only discovered mine at the age of  51, and I've been projecting since I was about eight.  So your experience isn't rare in this regard.  I'm not sure what's wrong with voyages through space and time either, that's what the astral is like.  In fact, the word 'astral' comes from the word for star, because this 'outer space' stuff is normal for an AP also.

QuoteThe problem is, I don't control when or if I project - it just happens to me spontaneously, and frequently.
I may be able to help you in this regard-maybe.

QuoteFirst off, I can't say anything specific or insulting about the entities in this post as I fear they could be watching and that they will exact revenge on me when I project next if I talk against them...but I'll give some examples of what's happened to me in the last couple of days:
I have some ideas about this also, not sure how helpful I can be though.

QuoteTo begin with, there is, without exception, ALWAYS someone in my apartment when I project, the majority of times they are hostile. I'm very envious of those who project with no bottom feeders in their room..you do not know how fortunate you are.  :| I usually just pretend to be in body and sleeping, but that doesn't always fool them..Yesterday my awareness was so clear that I actually believed someone had broken into my apartment in the physical realm; when I looked at the clock it was the right time, and my boyfriend was at work so it wasnt him: I heard the front door unlock, open, someone out in the kitchen, then my bedroom door opened and I just closed my eyes tight and pretended to be sleeping, and then I felt his fingers on my neck (as though he was checking my pulse?): I felt as though I would faint in fear because it was so real... the entire situation just felt so ominous, despite being more peaceful than most of my exists. The feeling of fear doesn't leave when I regain control of my body and the astral people stop touching me, attacking me or making noise - I can feel the entities in the apartment with me and I have to hide in the bathroom until I feel that they've left.
Do you have or have you instituted any countermeasures like having a water fountain in your room, or taken a salt bath (if you have no heart or kidney problems)?  Some people find them protective, if the entities are indeed what they seem to be.

QuoteI called for God and suddenly I was in a light, like white rain and I was in every drop - it would have been incredible - if I hadn't been simultaneously bombarded with scary, evil imagery (why would "god" do that???) and then told to embrace my femininity ( :? :? :? ). Luckily when I asked the light to bring me back to my body, It did.
Remember the light and use it if it happens again.  I think you had two separate situations happening here.

Something that may help you is learning energy work, more specifically sponging.   Years ago I used to have a similar problem, in that I was forcibly pulled out of my body.  I used energy work to get control back.  Whenever I felt the familiar feeling, I would start sponging the body parts that were being pulled and it made it stop.  Lots of theories as to why it helped, but  the bottom line is that it helped.  
If that doesn't work, there is a member here (or former member) named Mustardseed, and IIRC he figured out a way to stop projecting.  If I find the link I'll post it here.
I found it!   http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/at_long_last_my_obes_have_ceasedjubii-t32480.0.html;msg266895#msg266895
pm him and maybe he can help you.

Lexy

there is a supplement you can buy that suppresses dreams. It will make it so that you will not be able to remember them & you will not be lucid, if that is really what you want. But don't take too much because it could cause headaches. It is called "Piracetam" take 2400mg/a day.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Summerlander

Lunarvegan. These entities that come to get you are nothing more than manifestations of your fear. They cannot harm you and no they are not watching you. I used to have false awakenings when I was a child and in hindsight, they were projections. These snow-skinned men would come for me and they would giggle and torture me. I used to call out for my mum but she was absent in a construct that looked like my house.

What is familiar about what you said is that I used to be terrified and sometimes I used to pretend to be asleep so that they wouldn't come for me. But usually they would because they would here me breathing. I would even hold my breath so the entities wouldn't come for me. I used to dream about them all the time and when I told my mum she was baffled.

As I grew older I began to realise that they weren't actually physical and could not hurt me. I chose to see them as the stuff of dreams and I began to dream less about them. Eventually I was no longer afraid and lo and behold, I've never seen them since.

Now, I'm a moderator on Astral Viewers and I have opened a topic solely on hallucinations. You see, I believe that we as a consciousness can tapped into many versions of reality, other frequencies so to speak, and our brains would be the tuning system which enables us to do this while we are still alive. Schizophrenics, in my opinion, have more than one focus at the same time, which can be confusing and induce fear. If you tap into the metaphysical realm, because of its nature, thought-forms will unconsciously be molded by your mind like playdoh and, before you can focus on exploring the "collective astral" where you may interact with characters and worlds which are seemingly not your own, your mind deems it necessary that you deal with your own worlds and with elements of your personality which manifest as seemingly sentient beings.

You see, your problem is not your condition when it comes to projecting. The problem is fear. As for the belief that God will sort things out. Don't get me started on god. This is another reason why people become afraid and panic when they call out for God and this one doesn't come. Forget asking for the help of god or angels. These are concepts of belief systems spawned by the greatest delusion in the history of humankind. You have the power to get yourself out of whatever metaphysical unpleasantry you find yourself in. Simply do not fear and face whatever is scaring you. Believe that nothing can harm you. You are the lord of your own world. Fear is a barrier for power because you believe that those entities are sentient and have more power than you. What you believe in will manifest there.

You may not agree with some of the things I've said here but believe me, I just want to help because I have been there as a child and I have experienced the sheer horror you must be feeling (and I'm not even a schizophrenic). Just try to be open-minded and try to see this my way at lest for one day. When you project or when you see them just believe that they are only your manifestations and face them. Speak to them even and tell them that you are not afraid and that they don't really exist without you. Tell them they can't really hurt you and that you are their lord. Face the fear. If they attack you, fight back to get a feel of them and eventually stop fighting back and believe that nothing is really happening. Even if they snigger at you and mock you, believe me, I know how real they look and feel, just remember that the metaphysical can emulate physical reality. Thoughts are amplified there and all you need to do is get control or a grip on the elements of your psyche. It just needs organising, that's all.

Do not see them as something that exists objectively as this will make it worse. Take responsibility for them. they are your own making. Deny them their existence. They will soon lose their power. They never had any real power in the first place...

I know schizophrenia can make things even more confusing and, just as the mind can affect the body, so can the body affect the mind. You will recover from this. Believe me. Pretty soon you'll be a calm and collected individual like John Nash...

DrSnooze

Hi I think Xanth has given some valuable advice.
About 10 years ago I experienced very similar problems, not with APing but with the mental issues. I had used drugs as a teenager and caused myself a living nightmare. I'm not in anyway suggesting that you have! But, I feel a lot of similarities between what I felt and what you have described.
I used to take the same type of prescription drugs as you've mentioned with anti depressants. I can honestly say I know of the utterly horrifying issues we can find ourselves in. Ive experienced them first hand.
The only way I got better was to ditch all the books I used to read, Carlos Castenada, Shamanism , Celestine prophesies etc etc . The main thing was getting a regular normal physical life again. It took a long time, I'm not gonna lie. But getting up at the same time each day, going to work, then playing a computer game or watching TV, being around normal grounded people all day. Basically closing my mind from the things I'd spent the previous 5 years using to opening it up. I had to distance myself from the path of self development in order to not completely break down. Guess I just wasn't ready, or most likely for me I went about it in the wrong way!
Ive been pretty sane on the whole for a few years now, still the odd nightmare, DE ja vou , intuitive thoughts but nothing I cant handle. So here I am on an astral projection website! Guess I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when it come to this sort of stuff.
Seriously I don't think I'd be here know If I didn't TAKE A BREAK, maybe only maybe, you should to.
This is a very short description of what I've experienced, for example I spent about 2 years with feelings of de ja vou
all day every day! It was hard to deal with.
If you'd like to know anymore feel free to message me.
Good luck.

Summerlander

Look, I would NOT give up on or even attempt to stop involuntary astral projection experiences because that would just be running away from the problem and not tackling it. If you run, it won't go away, Lunarvegan.

Astral projection and lucid dreaming may be the very best tools you have for tackling your problem. Believe me, exploring the metaphysical can open therapeutical doors. The mind wants you to face these issues, not run from them, so it is a good idea for schizophrenics to embrace astral projection especially if they focus more on a personal unconscious level.

Do not deprive yourself of OOBEs when they occur naturally because your mind is eager to make you face your fears in order to be able to move on. I can't wait to see the day when astral projection and lucid dreaming becomes an official and reliable form of therapy. Not as an alternative to drugs but rather as a support. In fact, I would go as far as to say that dealing with the metaphysical through these experiences is tacking the mental problems first hand.

The haloperidol that is usually prescribed to sufferers of your condition is only something which will numb the symptoms but will not cure you. The problem is in the mind and I say this with conviction. Sure, take your prescribed drugs, but also employ your metaphysical self-therapy. As you do it, don't allow yourself to be biased by certain belief systems (the "astral mud" that Frank Kepple was on about - that guy was so right).

Someone very knowledgeable on Astral Viewers once described medication for mental illnesses as the "gold-plating of excrement" and I couldn't agree more with him. "Gold-plate" it if you must, but deal with the excrement inside too...

CFTraveler

Quote from: Lexy on February 16, 2011, 01:38:55
there is a supplement you can buy that suppresses dreams. It will make it so that you will not be able to remember them & you will not be lucid, if that is really what you want. But don't take too much because it could cause headaches. It is called "Piracetam" take 2400mg/a day.
Isn't that Tylenol?  Oops, not.  It sounded close to Paracetamol, which is the same thing as acetaminophen.  Never mind me, since I can't delete my post, I'll just ask- doesn't that require a prescription?

Summerlander

Don't even go there ^^^...

Forget that. You need to dream and astral project in order to deal with the turmoil inside you.

Lexy

Quote from: CFTraveler on February 16, 2011, 09:49:40
Isn't that Tylenol?  Oops, not.  It sounded close to Paracetamol, which is the same thing as acetaminophen.  Never mind me, since I can't delete my post, I'll just ask- doesn't that require a prescription?

No, I wouldn't suggest it if you couldn't buy it. Its just a supplement, you can find it on amazon.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Lunarvegan

Thanks everyone for the answers! I actually just came back from the astral realm an hour ago or so (still feeling very light headed and strange...) after spending close to 6 or 7 hours there, through a collection of OBEs and lucid dreams. The good news? Not a SINGLE really scary experience the whole time! It was very awesome...at first I kept expecting something bad to happen but nothing did...after awhile the dread feeling went away and I felt calm and safe. There was one point where I was trapped in my room (couldn't get through the walls for some reason) and I was panicking, and scared my fear would create something, but I found that once I calmed down I could pass through the walls without issue. In fact, all in all this was the calmest OBE I've had in a long time, maybe ever, and it seems that when I'm calmer, the experience is generally A LOT more positive.

For the last couple hours, I found myself out of body just in my room having these strange telepathic communications with a man that I couldn't see - perhaps my guide? I definitely didn't feel fear at all, in fact it was like I had spoken to this man hundreds of times before, I felt very comfortable. He was telling me about the universe and about the planets, about amorality and how everything was perfect, even if it didn't seem the case... Unfortunately the entire experience is very hazy and I can't remember the details, though I will try to get them out through meditation tonight.

I also had a successful teleportation attempt when I teleported to the moon when I put my mind to it. (There were a lot of astral people there for some reason? LOL I don't know why...)

There were a point where I would watch a scenario take place, sometimes involving me, and then I'd have to question my ego's reaction to the experience, and see how I could improve it. It was like some sort of classroom, lol.

All in all the whole morning was a GREAT experience - but I feel like I might still be in the astral realm since I was there for so long at one time LOL. I've been doing reality checks every minute to convince myself I'm still not there :P

Right now, I kind of regret even making this thread, because at this point I don't feel like stopping the OBEs is the right direction for me. I learned a LOT from this experience, I feel like I've been rejuvenated from it.

I read everyone's answers and I'll try to get back to all of you by the end of the day.I really appreciate it. I know this was only one good experience out of hundreds, but it has really given me hope.

Just to clarify first though - If I REALLY don't want to project I take an anti psychotic before bed to prevent myself from dreaming (it just sends me into a deep, dreamless sleep), but I rarely take this because of the horrible side effects...and I'm already on another anti psychotic regularly to control my psychotic symptoms during the day, so I'd prefer to mix them as infrequently as I can.

Thanks everyone!

Tiffany

Summerlander

Ahh...that's better. It is all about positive experiences. Don't be so hard on yourself. You deserve to have fun. By the way, out of curiosity, what anti-psychotic do you take?

Karxx Gxx

hmmm... So you dont want to project still?
I thought it was going good   :|
Your way is The way

gzaod

Hello Tiffany, my name is Phil and I have been meaning to write you a message. Am I right in regarding your situation as being a result of Kundalini activation? I have withheld writing a post as till now because I wanted to think before offering my advice, as I know personally how terrifying it is. I experienced a spontaneous Kundalini activation as the result of a 5 hour intensively introspective MDMA trip and cannabis use. Whilst initially blissful, it soon descended into nightmare and paranoia, the fear of losing my mind, attacks by entities and a feeling of being damned to hell, the devil taking my soul whilst God looked on and either did nothing or commanded it. On this I still ponder.

If you read my first ever post it will transpire that I actually found out what was happening to me was a Kundalini activation (it has since subsided slightly) as I had no idea what was going on. My friends were powerless to help me, and so I thought I was.
This is my advice...believe none of it until you find it accords with good reason and results! I also include links to websites which have enormously helped me through this time and helped me find balance.

I am very much in agreement with Summerlander. Your experiences are happening because you are the best tool to self-right with. Anti-meds treat the symptoms, not the root.

I have a number of ideas that might help you be able to manage your experiences towards a more beneficial direction, especially as to regarding your Kundalini. Do you experience any Kriyas? By that I mean spontaneous movements, like stretching in yoga poses, shaking, mudras (hand positions) and the like. A crown chakra opening may stimulate Kundalini, but might not actually be a full blown Kundalini. Anyway, these things may help regardless.

First, Grounding.

This is one of THE most important things to learn. Grounding is what keeps you connected to the rock we .
are on, it keeps your perspective, a healthy sense of self, and a rock solid foundation so you won't be swept up when the more exotic effects of Kundalini arousal sweep by you. You are going through some immense changes and experiences and it helps to have a firm foot on the ground to be able to deal with it.

As your name implies, I'm going to suggest that as Vegan, you are suffering from a lack of protein. Fish, meat, even Tofu and vegetarian sources of protein can be beneficial to root you. It isn't essential and doesn't even have to be for a long time, but I would advise trusting your intuition on this. From what you say you are generally along the right track. You are 'feeling' your food, and your body knows best! I have read... and don't quote me on this, is that raw flesh can be an acquired taste. I can't verify it by my own experience but you may care to do some research on it. Processed food is certainly a no-go.

Do earthy things, put your feet in the dirt and feel the connection to the planet, make something out of clay, plant trees, garden ( if you can), these are all very grounding things and might help in helping to control your OBE's as you won't be so out of body.

100% Crown is an awesome achievement, and very rare. But you have to take care of the body too. The Root of the tree is as important as the branches. How is your muladhara chakra? Many yogi's consider schizophrenia a result of too much crown,  too much heaven chi and not enough root or earth chi.

2. Smile. Go ahead, smile. Notice how automatically you begin to lighten up? Smiling physically also enacts a response in the brain to be happy. When you make it an everyday thing, your brain is writing up neurons and pathways that associate experiences and life in general with positive associations. It will also help alleviate the fear, which is your adrenal glands buzzing away filling you up with fight or flight. Don't worry, your body is having a time adjusting itself too, drink lots of water, it helps alleviate it. Oh, and watermelon.MMM.

Part of the greater context of what you might be experiencing is chapel perilous,the dark night of the soul.It has many names but usually involves a dark and frightening period where it seems like God doesn't answer your prayers, and you worry if there is one at all. St. John of the Cross is a notable Christian mystic who experienced this, you might like to read up on him. It's like a... self actualisation process. God (or Universe or greater reality or whatever you call it) puts you alone for a while so you learn to stand on your own two feet. It'll make you stronger,believe me. Embrace your femininity, you are (outwardly) yin. It absorbs and it is typically depicted as the dark side. Sometimes evil.  It's bloody tough either way. Heaven hath no fury like a woman scorned etc. Find balance and yourself, the experiences will get less intense as you become stronger. Water is yin, soft, yielding. Yet is it weak? Your experiences are like heavy rocks, lots of negative ones and 1 or 2 good ones. But water eventually erodes the rock, and creates waterfalls. :)

As for the 'entities', they may or may not be projections of your own subconscious. Lots of people have their own ways of dealing with them and you would be wise for reading up on this.
Good advice I have been given, (which also confronts the problem and treats it like something real instead of imagined ((because these experiences do seem real don't they))) is the fear they generate in you is also part of their food. An easy meal is someone easily frightened. Increasing ones own energy through energy work may help you,or then again it may not, and may actually worsen the problem (Kundalini is a tricky business). Remember no harm can come to you. If you smile, keep your tongue up (on the bit behind your teeth), ground yourself, and change your energy signature, you might find you become quite bitter to something used to a strict diet of poor energy. Hygiene is good on all levels.

"Closing your eyes tight"? Tightness is something one does when frightened, its a closing down, stress, fear, hormones. Remember the smile? relax. If you tighten up your body believes there is a threat and makes this kind of fear feedback loop. Break it, stretch, listen to loud music. You can ignore them. Bullies tend to leave people who don't get bothered.

Meditating will probably increase your energy and may feel you leaving spacey, so leave it out for the time being. You can always come back to it when you are more settled.

Now here comes the crutch. Marijuana.
I used to smoke a lot of it and it got me into a lot of trouble, spiritually,physically, mentally, the lot. My own personal view on this is that it does have a significant effect on Kundalini energy. Shiva smoked pot. Shiva is the transendent total awareness of the universe and possibly beyond. Pure consciousness, bliss. The two are related. Think on this. Ingesting spirits acting on your spirit.The stronger spirit wins. Now, this is fine usually for the large majority of people, but then you are not ordinary are you? the likelihood is is that it stimulates your nervous system to such a degree that it becomes overwhelming. Uncontrollable. In other words, dependent on it (to produce these 'positive' spiritual effects and to regulate your nervous system. For now, YOU need to be taking care of it, not relying on something outside yourself. Your body has natural cannabinoids anyway.

If you keep OBE'ing, you will find your head clearer without weed getting in the way. Hormones aren't fluctuating in your body ( and if you think it doesn't matter because you are out  of body - remember your chakras are what distributes energy throughout your various 'bodies', including your physical one.

Don't forget, humans tend to regard "Love" as the most powerful force in the universe. Equal to, and synonymous with, God. Pauli2 is on to a winner. You never know what sending love their way might do to them. As you 'become' more of love and less of fear, you a) gain better control over fight or flight, fear lessens...  b) become less of a tasty snack ( you might reflect that 'negs' might be just creatures stuck on feeding off low quality processed human food because they never learned to cook for themselves :) A little love might actually help them on their way and c) dissipate negative energy flows throughout your body. Keep going, I know the fear is hard to beat, but eventually you will win. Have faith in yourself,and remember you can always "make Love". Practice practice practice.

I know these might just sound like a load of ramblings, but I've been in a very similar situation and I am now a lot more balanced, through a lot of what I have discussed. Also, apologies if this is the wrong place to post, I know I'm going slightly off topic but you may find from here inspiration.

It what you take from here doesn't work, then you don't need to keep it, your truth may be very different from mine. Variety is a good spice. In any case, most of what I learned came from the following websites, books and interactions with people undergoing similar experiences. You are not alone.

Google -
Biologyofkundalini
Gopi Krishna
St. John of the Cross
The Kundalini Digest (or Kundalini Gateway. Very useful website, lots of great and knowledgeable people).
The Kundalini Support Network ( a yahoo digest similar to the above. Again, you may find answers here).

I hope this helps you with what you seek to achieve. PM me if you would like more information.
God Bless
Phil