I couldn't fully seperate! It hurt!

Previous topic - Next topic

mattrox

not enough energy for separation.  charge those chakras next time or you should have tried while you were trying to get out.

beavis

When I get pain from doing paranormal things, its usually followed by a lot of energy. The pain has never physicaly hurt me. Pain was more common around the time I started attempting OBE, but now its rare. Ignore the pain, even if it feels like something in you is being ripped apart. Thats how my lower backbone felt, but I ignored it and did OBE.

FistOfFury

Thanks for the replies. I've never felt any "energy" alongside with the pain. I can't really describe the pain exactly but it felt kinda like when you get muscle pains, or very bad headaches.

beavis

Maybe you didnt feel the energy because you didnt let the pain continue. Because you were attempting OBE when you felt it, it was probably good pain.

AndrewTheSinger

Pain tell us that there's something wrong. I wouldn't force a separation if it is causing me pain. I've felt pain in the head before when trying to obe, it felt like my physical brain was glued to my astral brain and I thought I would be damaging something if I kept on pushing. Eventually I'd break free from it and separate but I'd wake up feeling very dizzy.

There's a technique I've read in a book for when your head is stuck: imagine your head inflating like a balloon. It will diminish the density of your astral head, making it impossible for the physical body to magnetize it.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

FistOfFury

I had an OBE about 3 hours ago and I couldn't fully seperate from my body. I was trying to OBE for about an hour, and I couldn't because for some reason I couldn't get myself to stay relaxed and calm enough. I kept telling myself that I was going to OBE no matter what, but towards the end I just gave up and decided to go to sleep. I switched sleeping positions into one of my favorite comfortable positions. I was dissapointed and just told myself "forget about it" and concentrated on going to sleep. Within about a couple minutes I started getting tingling floaty sensations, and then very very faint vibrations. Immediately after that, my hearing just went completely dead, and then all I could hear was a humming noise all around me. I then got an upward floating sensation followed by a loud "pop" noise. It was all pitch black, and I felt that my lower half was seperated, but I could still feel that my upper half was stuck to my body, so I tried moving out. I managed to get most of myself out, but when I got to three specific areas, I couldn't proceed because I felt a very painful sensation whenever I tried to forcefully break free. The three areas were about palm sized areas located at:

1. The very middle of my forehead (the Third Eye area?)
2. Most of the back right of my head going to the rightside above my right ear.
3. The left side of my neck going down to the top left of my shoulder.

I got frustated and tried to break free of the stubborn points. I tried to spin around clockwise, then counterclockwise. I tried moving up and over and down, rolling out, etc. I just couldn't proceed because of the pain, so I just stopped because I couldn't stop ignoring this itching feeling that I was getting on my toes (right foot), then I woke up. :(

My questions are, what causes the pain and "being stuck", and are you supposed to leave it alone when this happens, or is it ok to try and break free even though it hurts? If you break free, is there any permanent or temporary damage in those areas?