I did it! First Conscious Astral Projection Ever

Previous topic - Next topic

Veo

Continued from the last post.

I was walking along the sidewalk and this small fluffy white dog started biting on my hand. There wasn't any sensation of pain; it felt like it might have felt if I were wearing a leather glove. I was thinking after I returned to my body that maybe he was trying to get my attention. But I didn't even consider following him or stopping to see what he wanted. He was just kind of annoying me. I had this sense of slight urgency like it was time for me to get back to my body. I did a little run and jump – coasted a little way but settled down again. A young boy walked by and looked up and said hello – which caught me off guard – that he could see me too. Hum? I tried to fly again but thought this is going to be difficult (with this dog holding on to my hand). Then I had a thought about my body and quickly felt myself phasing in. As soon as I did I heard my wife rolling over/repositioning herself.  There wasn't much of a sensation, just a queer sort of readjustment – a sense of suddenly having to get used to being in a completely new place.

I glanced at the clock, it was 5:38am
During the OBE I remember having distinct thoughts about wanting to be able to remember everything when I wake up (shadow memory and all that). Somehow, I was sure that I would. Apart from the very clear sensation of leaving my body at the beginning, this felt just like a lucid dream except that I knew I was out of my body and in some kind of a real zone rather than just in a dream reality. If anything, I was even more conscious.  

Question to ponder: What was that little dog trying to do? What did he represent?
Had the people that I talked to died? What if that was my grandpa? What can I do to help him transition to a place that might be better for him.

At the risk of over emphasizing the significance of this... I am feeling like this is truly a turning point in my life. In this short experience I have gone from the belief that it is possible for people to Astral Project to knowing that I can consciously Astral Project. This is huge. All the lingering doubts about whether it is something that I could ever learn to do or not are gone. I know that I can exit my body, feeling all of the sensations and not become afraid. I believe that I will be able to do this again and again. I believe that I can improve my skills while out of my body.

Because I did not do anything, per say, to bring the experience on, I am not sure I'm any closer to being able to consciously project at will. This will be the ultimate. But, now at least, I know exactly what the exit sensations feel like. What it feels like to be acting outside my body.

Just thinking of all of the possibilities that this opens up. The idea of  connecting with my spirit guide. Consulting the Akashic records to discover what path my soul has taken. Connecting with people who have died and helping them transition. Healing my physical body with knowledge/energy from the astral realm. Exploring other dimensions/levels. Helping me discover my true mission in this life. Beginning to know that I am a soul and what will happen after death. Playing. Meeting other people in the Astral. Being able to fly, to explore underwater, visit other planets, travel back in time, communicate with higher spirits.

I am glowing with new energy. I want to do this again right away.
~ Veo

Qui-Gon Jinn

BIG HUGE CONGRATS mate !!!!!!

Seemed you had an perfect OBE, do you reckon you "went" with your realtime or your astral body!?  I mean since the environment looked odd, does that suggest you travelled with your astral body, or can the environment look very different from what it normally does even if one travels with the realtime double?

Perhaps this was your grandpa you actually saw, from what I have understand, one often perceive older people much younger when out of body, fitter and apperently somewhere around 35 years of age looking. (of course when they to are "out")
 That could explain why he had hair on his head...  could it be he still thought he was alive while he weren´t? (either way - in a sence he was very much alive of course, but you know what I mean).

No risk of over emphasizing the significance of this event at all, it´s massive and I would be just as thrilled and excited as you, and I will in a short while =)

A whole lot of new possibilities has opened up to you, well they were always there, but now they´ll be more "available" to you I´d reckon.

All the things you said you were hoping to do in the last part, in the end, is what motivates me as well, and I hope this will help you with conciously inducing OBE´s in the future, or perhaps you will be one of the lucky few who have continuarly spontaneus ones - anyhow, best of "luck" to you and once more, congrats!!

In friendship//  Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Qui-Gon Jinn

By the way, how was it like flying, the sensations??  Must feel odd to be flying without having any "body sensations", or perhaps one can have some realtime/astral body sensations, I´m not sure...

Veo

Hey Qui-Gong,

It sure seemed like the real-time zone to me at the time. It's really hard to say though at my experience level. Can one be in the real-time zone and not be sure how they got to the place they are? Or, did the very act of going through a reality fluctuation (the mystery window) mean that I wound up in an astral realm?

I've been thinking about how to describe how the sensations of flying felt to me – it is really difficult. It feels like the most natural thing in the world to be doing and it is really exhilarating all at the same time.  I really noticed what Robert describes as the memory of gravity effect. As soon as I would stop thinking about the flying per say I began to feel myself sinking slowly to the ground. I didn't have any sensation of atmosphere (like wind in my face or anything). I have done some hang gliding and there is the same sort of lofty feeling of being up so high and looking out across everything. That is part of the exhilarating feeling.  The incredible thing is just being able to go anywhere with a thought it doesn't feel like there is any effort involved.

One observation that I wanted to comment on now that it has been a couple of days - when I experience things normally, like going to the park for example, I have a very clear memory of that experience for quite a long time after. Whereas, the memory that I have of the OBE I described is much more dream like. The clarity seems to fade much faster. I wonder if that is something that improves with experience?

Thanks for your comments!
Veo

Qui-Gon Jinn

Well then I suppose I gotta experience for myself how it´ll be to fly, I haven´t done any hang gliding, but have made one parashute jump, and of course you do pretty much hang glide once the parashute develops so I can imagine...   attempted any more OBE´s since the success the other day?   be well// Qui-Gon

LadyLea

You had a great experience!  My problem with OBE's is shadow memories.  I do not download properly to remember the exit.  Usually I "wake up" midway through.  But--just as Robert says in Part One of AD--I cannot recall the previous part of the OBE despite being aware of what is going on when I "awaken".  You give me hope that I can do it, too!  

I enjoyed reading your post.

If your focus your life on hate, anger, and regret, it is only your fault for what you get.

Veo

Since this is my first OBE I wanted to post it in celebration and perhaps it might help others to hear how I changed from believing that its possible to knowing that it is true. This is directly from my journal.

Man in Bistro

It was so easy – exactly what I expected. I glanced at the clock ~5:18am. Then I had the thought (which I often do) about whether or not to practice attempting an OBE this morning. I was lying on my side and had not moved my body yet when it all happened. I heard the same Wooshing sound and vibrations that I had experienced one time before right after I woke up. I just focused on rising up for 5 seconds or so, there was a bit of a hesitation and then I felt myself rising up – knowing that I had done it – I was out of my body.

I went right to the window and tested it with my hand, which went through so I dove out (half wondering if I might hit the ground) and began to fly. I found myself in a completely different place than what is actually outside my window (even the window that I went out of was different). I was flying above a residential part of a city experimenting with my control of flying. This felt exactly like it did in previous lucid dream flying experiences I've had. I would see a tree or a tower up ahead and imagine that I was zooming towards it. My flying speeded up (somewhat). Then a sculpture on the back of someone's 3rd floor deck caught my eye so I swooped down to take a look. It was a sculpture of a woman. Since the back door seemed open I thought maybe I shouldn't be there (in case that could be construed as snooping). So, I took off again.

It was a gray cloudy early morning light. I had the sense that everything was just waking up for a new day. I accidentally flew through some wires but barely felt them. Then I flew over a breakfast place/market which reminded me of when I lived in Key West (But this place was more built-up with older buildings).

So, when I saw the next restaurant, I wanted to check it out. I don't really remember landing and going in, I was suddenly just inside the restaurant. I walked through and most people did not notice me. I was really watching them to see if there was any reaction. It's a very peculiar sensation to not be noticed – I really like it. Then one guy sitting at a table stood up and talked to me. I clasped his arm and told him that he was the first person I've ever talked to in my astral form. He hesitated but didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Someone else in the group (who also seemed to know I was there too) made a comment which prompted me to ask – Oh, were you close to dying? And he said that he was - but, everything seemed fine now. Then I told him – not to worry about a thing if you die. Its wonderful, you can do anything you want: from experiencing the most incredible bliss to helping other people and that it's simply great. He seemed much comforted by that.

Later, it occurred to me that he kind of reminds me of my Grandpa who died several years ago. He was younger and had more hair. Hum? I'm not sure what to make of this possibility because it wasn't clear to me at the time that that was the case. Perhaps that is why I was drawn to this particular place (wherever it was?)

I think that I clasped him again and then left the bistro.

Continued in the next post...