Have you ever had this happen

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

You find a method that starts to work or something you have been doing all along and did not even realize you were doing it then when you  realized  it, You cant do it anymore, I have a simular expierence happen to me, some times when I woke up in the morning and set up feeling wide awake, But some reason my eyes were glued shot and I could not open them, so I lay back down again for a few minuets and get back up, and everything would be ok, I have done this several times before, and until I got lucidlogy, I have no ideal that I was actually astral when this happen everything felt solid and real,But as soon as I realized it, I have not be able to it again , The same thing happen when I found a good method for attaining sleep paralyses, the first few times I did it I fought to wake up then one time I relaxed and things started to get better, But just a soon as I realized I was getting closer, I could no longer obtain sleep paralyses any more have not had it come on me in months very depressing, I no longer even have the desire to try any more...

Sagar

You may not be able to use a certain projection technique due to some sort of mental roadblock.  Maybe hidden fears, maybe something you need to learn..  One thing I have learned is that if I get frustrated I might as well call it quits because frustration is a killer to success.  Patience is key.  Also, there are many projection techniques out there, and everyone has a unique way of phasing/projecting. 
You may want to research different ways to have an OBE, and try one.  And if it doesn't work after a few months - try a different one. 

Here are two books with two different projecting/phasing techniques you may want to give a try.  :-)

Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics (Which you can find online as a pdf and has to do more with raising energy, chakra work, and projection techniques such as rope climbing to achieve an OBE.  Also includes an in-depth explanation of what "all of this" is)

Xanth's book - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf  (Has to do with using deep meditation such as "noticing" and the "mental rundown" to achieve an OBE)

Hope that helps :)

For the Love

Lionheart

Yes I have had a similar thing occur.

There was just a thread on this same thing recently here:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_hardly_reach_vibrations_now-t44881.0.html

To add to the reply I gave him, I would say that both of you are being challenged to find a new technique that will work for you personally. The NPR (Non Physical Realms/Realities) is filled with continuous challenges. So I guess getting there should be a continuous challenge as well!  :wink:

EscapeVelocity

My comment parallels Lionheart's post. Some of this is testing your basic intent, desire on AP. What are your actual motivations? If it is purely recreational, then you may well be rejected outright.

They're on the other side, watching...and they don't kid around. They don't put up with spurious, recreational pursuits.

Or, they are challenging you with discovering other exit methods, like Lion suggested.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lionheart

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 09, 2014, 05:19:39
My comment parallels Lionheart's post. Some of this is testing your basic intent, desire on AP. What are your actual motivations? If it is purely recreational, then you may well be rejected outright.

They're on the other side, watching...and they don't kid around. They don't put up with spurious, recreational pursuits.

Or, they are challenging you with discovering other exit methods, like Lion suggested.
This video here has Kurt Leland talking about Annie Besant, who was a woman that was likely one of the first female Orators to speak on AP, mirrors your reply EscapeVelocity. It's very short and at about the 5 minute point Kurt states what EV has stated above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNzeIS_0K0Q