I have a big problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotist

Every time I try to project I have a big problem the prevents me from getting very far. I can easily relax every part or my body but....my head. When ever I lay down to relax my body is relaxed within seconds but my head never gets anywhere at all. I keep thinking of random things no matter how much I try not to and whenever I try and focus on relaxing my head I only make it worse. Because of this I can never reach sleep paralysis so I just end up giving up and going to sleep. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happining.

Szaxx

Hi,
You  could try for a morning exit.
Its at least 10 times easier and the most successful way for many.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Indigo Wolf

I had a similar problem, especially when lying on my back. Perhaps try adjusting how many pillows you lie on, or visit a store that sells duck feather pillows etc and find one that suits you.
Spectemur Agendo...

Xanth

Unfortunately, there's only one thing that can help solve your issue.   Practice.

Work on exclusively relaxing the different muscles in your head.  The nice part is that you can literally do this at anytime during your day... during school, work, a meeting, etc...

Then next time you actually practice, work from your head down.  Relax everything with your head, then once that is done you can work on the rest of your body.  :)

I believe it's counterproductive to work from the bottom up on relaxing.

Genie

In addition to what's been said, it is my opinion that you may be paying too much attention to your body.  The idea for me has been to let go of caring what the body is up to, and just concentrate on focusing within.

It's totally unnecessary to get into sleep paralysis, or go through so much worrying about what the body is doing.  Get some good audio's and preferably put them on an Ipad, but any recorder and head phones will do.  Monroe's CD's (wave series) are good, but there are many.

If attention is taken off the body, it will usually relax anyway if you are not totally razzed up.  Just get comfortable and start listening to the audio.  Put your focus of attention on what you hear and forget about the body.   8-)

Contenteo

Do a morning attempt with a drowsy exit.
Its at least 10 times easier and the most successful way for many.
This is 110% true. In fact, it is so true, it might be false. I would say more like 50 or 60 times easier. No joke.

Night projections are a practice of mastery, not dabbling. You are trying to sprint before you can even crawl. You will probably become fluent at Lucid dreaming transitions DILD to projection before you ever complete a WILD at night(aka conscious exit).

So, the before bed phase is the holy grail of astral projection. I am not there yet. You are not there yet. It will take a lifetime and that is good because you have a lifetime to spare.

Cheers,
Contenteo

bluelily

I sometimes have the same problem, especially around my eyes. That area can get far more tense than it ever does outside of practice times, which doesn't make much sense... Anyway, I've found that I actually get more relaxed from other things than relaxing one body part at a time. My eye area only seems to tense up when I do it step by step moving through my body. The only reason I still sometimes do progressive relaxation is because somewhere in the back of my head I still think I need it, even though I've seen many times that it's fine to drop it and approach it another way. Some guided visualisation and hypnosis recordings have gotten me more relaxed, and faster, than any progressive relaxation I've done (the best one was called The Dream Room, I think - it's on Youtube). I tend to find that just starting with the practice and basically doing what Genie said gets me relaxed very well fairly quickly, without the tension building up around my eyes. Feeling a wave of relaxation moving up and down my body for a little while tends to help too. Maybe try to forget about progressive relaxation for a while and experiment with other things, see what happens. Also, the more you practice relaxation - or rather, the more you do anything that results in your body relaxing - the better you will get at it.

Quoting this, cause it's worth reading more than once:
Quote from: Genie on April 21, 2012, 10:46:39
In addition to what's been said, it is my opinion that you may be paying too much attention to your body.  The idea for me has been to let go of caring what the body is up to, and just concentrate on focusing within.
Follow your heart without remorse.