I keep falling alseep during OBE atempts. (Help)

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal_Soulmate

Well... must admit I too panic a bit
Seems to happen when I lose the feeling of my breathing, I get
scared that I "forget" to breathe somehow...

But if I relax myself again it all goes away and I have a slight feeling of my breath and conforts me...

As it is for falling asleep... I can't fall asleep on my back... but yes my mind is trying to convince me to turn on my side now and then... very hard to resist that...

Cube wrote an interesting article about this phenomenon... don't know if you read it?

Saludo

Jimmy [|)]
We allways have choice...

astralpwka

Is the panic attack caused because you are trying at night time, or does it matter? I don't panic at all in the early mornings, only when first going to bed (if then, anymore). It mighht be something as simple as facing your fears, or preventing thoughts while trying to trance.

Are you falling asleep sitting up? Try different positions. If you are lying down, try propping an arm up at the elbow, so it falls over and smacks you if you doze. This is the method I use, until I feel exit symptoms (though sometimes even exit symptons can trick you into falling asleep).

TheDarkApprentice

quote:
Originally posted by astralpwka

Is the panic attack caused because you are trying at night time, or does it matter? I don't panic at all in the early mornings, only when first going to bed (if then, anymore). It mighht be something as simple as facing your fears, or preventing thoughts while trying to trance.

Are you falling asleep sitting up? Try different positions. If you are lying down, try propping an arm up at the elbow, so it falls over and smacks you if you doze. This is the method I use, until I feel exit symptoms (though sometimes even exit symptons can trick you into falling asleep).

I usually try to project during the night. I also had my panic attack at night too. I think my sub-concuis was freaking out a bit to be honest. I lay down on my bed when I try to project. I have never tried any other positions but will probaly give it a try
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

astralpwka

It's really easy for fears to get in the way at night. Mine are usually worrying about demons or ghosts. Its a combination of wanting out really badly, and not wanting to see anyone waiting for me on the other side. In the Astral Dynamics book, the author talked about being more powerful as a conscious astral projector than most of the creatures that could be waiting for you, and this gave me a huge confidence boost. That and finally being able to clear my mind from thinking during the attempts.

TheDarkApprentice

It has been 1 month since I had my first partial OBE and panic attack. But since then, I havent made much progress.

I am having the problem of falling alseep while in a partial trance state. I never did this before I had a panic attack but it is becomeing more difficult.

I used to be able to get into a full trance with ease and being very close to projecting. But I keep falling alsleep before this state. I think that a part of me is still some what afraid when I had a 5sec OBE before and had a panic attack. I keep telling myself that everything is fine and that I am safe but I keep falling asleep.

Any suggestions??
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy