I think I had a preview of it for a few seconds!

Previous topic - Next topic

Milkdrops

Last night another strange thing happened which might be a small preview of Astral projection. I think also it may not be as the common aspects of most astral projection/OBE accounts were not there.

I was asleep and I know before I went to bed I had it all fresh in my mind that I wanted an OBE. I remember (while I was asleep) a VERY brief moment of like "waking up" only I felt something was different. I dont know what compelled me to do so but I had the urge to touch my cupboard next to my bed and the tip of my finger went through it! with that I vaguely remember freaking out and bieng afraid and waking up later I think.

Its kind of hazy as I reckon I was around 50% concious and 50% not but if it was a little preview of the 5th dimension its proof to me that it is different from a dream even if at this point I need to focus on improving my conciousness rate if I have a full blown one.

Anyone have any views on this anyone have any similar accounts? It does still occur to me it may just have been a dream but seems I do remember it happening and was fairly concious during those few seconds.

keyangen

I am not a very experienced projector, I get out of body quite frequently lately, but need to gain more control and stay out longer.

Nevertheless I think what you had was a partial separation, basically nearly an OOBE. I get similar experiences quite often and have learnt to exploit them if I'm conscious enough. What happens usually is that I reach for my phone or my watch to check the time, but something is not right. Once, as I was reaching out I noticed I couldn't see my hand although I could definitely feel it. Sometimes I grab the phone/watch and see some very random time on it which I know cannot be correct. Another time, as I grabbed the watch I realised I couldn't have done it from that position without twisting my arm in a very inhuman way.

On such occasions I usually use the opportunity and just get up, leaving the body behind. Such quick exits may be the cause of the lack of control I have once I'm OOB, so it may be a good idea to use a less intense exit method, like floating etc.

Anyway, when you have another such experience, no reason to freak out, try to get more aware of the situation and use an exit technique you are comfortable with (or more likely whichever comes to mind). I'm pretty sure you are very close to a full blown OOBE.

Kodemaster

Milkdrops:

It is very common as you're beginning to get snippets of projections, or "previews" as you call them.

When I was first trying to project -- after nearly a year of practice with no OBEs -- I had a very brief experience where I came out of body and everything looked like an abstract painting.

As you continue to practice, you experiences will become longer and more vivid.

Did it seem like an OBE while you were having it? Did you only begin to question it after you woke up? If it seemed like an OBE while you were having it, then yes, I would say it was an OBE. It's very common for beginners and people who haven't projected in awhile to have an OBE and then question it afterward.

Did you project your entire body, or just part of it? Like Keyangen said, you may have had a partial projection.

Best,

Jeni
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Milkdrops

Hmmm its kind of a weird thing as I was still laying down looking towards the cupboard next to my bed. This is strange as it seems alot of accounts of AP/OBE are experienced when fully leaving ones self.

Did it seem like a projection? in short: yes. I touched the wood and the tip of my finger went through it from what I recall. I did kind of freak out but I believe I woke up hours later. Did I only question it after I woke up? : Yes. I am still not sure yet pretty certain I was more concious in my sleep than normal for those few seconds.

Also on another note: I have experienced strange light flashes when going to sleep and when waking up. These are just flickers of light like flashes in my eyeview (not caused by any sort of lighting) Is this anything common or is it unusual? as I havent had them since having the will to AP on my mind. Thx.

Kodemaster

It seems like you had a partial projection, then. It is not uncommon for part of your body to project. Arms, legs, even heads sometimes will "come out" while everything else "stays in."

The light flashes are very common for people who project/practice to do so. They are believed to be a side-effect of you becoming more spiritually aware or "in-tune." They may spook you at first, but eventually you'll get used to them. The light flashes are sometimes referred to as the "strobe phenomenon" or "strobe effect."

If you take a look at past posts, by using the search function, you will find plenty of posts about these two things.

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

theotherside

I have also experienced the strobe phenomenon.  It really is a little wierd when you first see them, but it gets exciting once they've happened for awhile... :)
"The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation."
-Bertrand Russell.