I think I had an AP!

Previous topic - Next topic

Nagual

Hum... hard to tell from your description...
You said you fell back asleep...  Did you (lucid) dream?
Then, you talk about your body spinning above your bed.  How did you get from the dream to your bedroom?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

dkj400

You didn't AP but you were about to AP. Your Astral body was seperating from your physical.

quote:
Why did I spin and why counterclockwise?

Its just another one of those crazy effects you get during seperation.

Saints

quote:
Originally posted by Nagual

Hum... hard to tell from your description...
You said you fell back asleep...  Did you (lucid) dream?
Then, you talk about your body spinning above your bed.  How did you get from the dream to your bedroom?

1)I've had lucid dreams before. This was different. It was as though I was detached from the physical, but being able to distinguish another body, separate from the physical. 2) I actually never left the bed. After I realized the noise was coming from the neighbors house, I fell asleep again - but this time in a very light sleep. Shortly after entering this light sleep, I began spinning.

Thanks for the response!

Steel Hawk

Sounds like your etheric body seperating to me. Once you get into a trance you can induce these types of feelings. As far as spinning counter clockwise I would say because you were laying down with your head pointed to the east?

*Shrugs*

When most people first get an OBE or AP (including me) they abort it cause it freaks them out. It does seem you got partially out, but you will know when you truely have "gotten out".

Just my 2 cents.

Saints

quote:
Originally posted by dkj400

You didn't AP but you were about to AP. Your Astral body was seperating from your physical.

quote:
Why did I spin and why counterclockwise?

Its just another one of those crazy effects you get during seperation.

I was hoping that was it!!!  This is a milestone for me.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

dkj400

mattrox

when that happens try to control the spinning and float up until you do.

Saints

quote:
Originally posted by mattrox

when that happens try to control the spinning and float up until you do.

Ok...I'll remember that..thanks!!!

Saints

quote:
Originally posted by Steel Hawk

Sounds like your etheric body seperating to me. Once you get into a trance you can induce these types of feelings. As far as spinning counter clockwise I would say because you were laying down with your head pointed to the east?

*Shrugs*

When most people first get an OBE or AP (including me) they abort it cause it freaks them out. It does seem you got partially out, but you will know when you truely have "gotten out".

Just my 2 cents.

I guess I'm getting closer...thanks for the feedback!

SpectralDragon

If there is any "if" involved then you have to think that you did not. You will know when you have astrally projected. I would try OOBE first though as that is easier to identify than projecting into astral and etheric.

The spinning sensation was probably caused by your mind trying to (and I am assuming you were actually trying to AP) get it's "astral legs" so to speak.

Saints

quote:
Originally posted by SpectralDragon

If there is any "if" involved then you have to think that you did not. You will know when you have astrally projected. I would try OOBE first though as that is easier to identify than projecting into astral and etheric.

The spinning sensation was probably caused by your mind trying to (and I am assuming you were actually trying to AP) get it's "astral legs" so to speak.

I'll try to remember the OOBE perspective.  Astral legs...hummmm, I like it!  Like getting your sea-legs. Thanks for the thoughts!

SpectralDragon

Saints

Around 3PM I took a nap.  I fell deep asleep for about 1 hour.  I heard a noise outside the bedroom which woke me up.  I stayed awake for a couple moments to assess the noise (somebody yelling) and then fell back to sleep.  This time my sleep was very light - like I was partially awake.  After about 30 min, I felt a strange sensation.  I felt I was rotating counterclockwise, and also, hanging off the bed. I knew it couldn't be my physical body, because the rotation was 360 degrees and horizontal to the bed. I kept my focus lightly on the spinning sensation, barily recognizing it.  I kept spinning for about 30 seconds. I couldn't see or hear anything during this time, but the movement was very smooth.   I think it was an AP.  Any thoughts? Why did I spin and why counterclockwise?

Thanks!