I think I just had my first “classic OBE”

Previous topic - Next topic

PerspectiveShift

Hey guys and gals,

I had an extremely weird experience a few nights ago. (I like weird experiences!)

I was dreaming a dream and became lucid. I've only been lucid about 3 or 4 times now so I'm not quite good at it yet, but I remembered to look for my spirit guide as I've been wanting to do that for awhile now. I couldn't find him/her though. I called out to the dream and nothing happened, and I search the other building next to the one I was in and long story short I drifted back into the dream state.

After the dream ended I was awake (but I didn't open my eyes) and then imagined the same dream again as I wanted to re-enter it to become lucid again.

Here's the trippy part.

I felt like my body was sagging down to the floor through my bed and as this was happening I could hear and sort of feel my body making noises/moving. It was super weird because I realized that this was my body even though I was half feeling my body. Hard to explain. Then I realized I was feeling the laminate floor with my hands.  This was a very scary experience as I was crawling on the floor because it was so damn dark and blurry I could barely see. I got up and took my glasses off and it was even blurrier. I looked back at my wife and only made out a lump in the bed and I was going to look at myself, but I could see some type of weird electrostatic or something in my visual field when I was close to looking there so I stopped because I thought that I might snap back into the physical. I didn't look around too much because I feel like I would crap my pants if I saw something in the super dark blurry room so I thought of flying to the roof as I could explore there without so much fear. I closed my eyes and jumped and felt like I got stuck in a bunch of material and then I awoke again.

This felt significantly different from the lucid dream I've had. Maybe because I was more aware? I felt like more of my rational thinking was activated. But it was creepy as hell. It was like a horror movie to be honest.

During this experience I also had a different concept of what this house looked like and that seemed to be consistent in the "OBE". The house in the OBE felt like it had another floor above me, but the actual house here is the roof above where I sleep. I always thought OBE experiences would be pretty consistent with the surroundings, but it was so blurry, maybe it was.

After that my instant reaction was not to do that again, but now I want to do it again lol!! But this is the first experience I've had in awhile. And the interesting part about this is that I got into this experience the same night that I made a small wooden pyramid and put it next to my bed in the room. I just finished reading about pyramid power lol! Coincidence? I'm not sure. Its been about a week and I haven't had another lucid dream since. I need to become more dedicated to this art/science!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

omcasey

Wow, that was so fun to read, congratulations on your first conscious exit !!!

Such memories, looking back, I had an exit like that, but I was laying on my side on at the edge of the bed, realizing that my hand was feeling the chest of some being that was standing in front of me in another area. An actual LIVE person! Yeah my energy went richter, I tell ya. But not so much the experience ended. I got curious, started looking around and was put on a conveyor belt to move further into the experience, lol. Isn't it fun! I am glad you are saying you want to go on the ride again. This is a very, very good sign.

Nameless

LOL, I understand wanting to do it again, especially once you get over the wth moment.

What would you say was the biggest difference between a lucid dream and this last experience?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: Nameless on April 29, 2022, 16:02:04
LOL, I understand wanting to do it again, especially once you get over the wth moment.

What would you say was the biggest difference between a lucid dream and this last experience?

Well, I've had a few Lucid dreams and they vary a bit from how conscious I am in them. (Im definitely not a pro at this... yet)

1. I feel like the lucid dreams can be a little bit cartoony, sort of. Like I feel my dream body, but maybe not as detailed? I think maybe the little details aren't as pronounced as much. Because I could feel the small textures in the laminate flooring in the OBE. Or maybe it just felt different because of my alert mind being fearful.
2. Also, I've never had an experience like that where it was so dark, blurry, and eerie like in a horror movie so that was definitely a major difference.
3. And usually in Lucid dreams I feel super energized when I realize I am dreaming or phase into a lucid dream (it's a great feeling), whereas in the "classic OBE experience" it was more of a frightening experience. Mind you, I've read books about this exact type of experience, but it's quite different actually experiencing it yourself rather than just reading it.

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: omcasey on April 29, 2022, 15:44:11
Wow, that was so fun to read, congratulations on your first conscious exit !!!

Such memories, looking back, I had an exit like that, but I was laying on my side on at the edge of the bed, realizing that my hand was feeling the chest of some being that was standing in front of me in another area. An actual LIVE person! Yeah my energy went richter, I tell ya. But not so much the experience ended. I got curious, started looking around and was put on a conveyor belt to move further into the experience, lol. Isn't it fun! I am glad you are saying you want to go on the ride again. This is a very, very good sign.

Wow! Yeah that would scare the heck outta me. I was actually fearing that I would see something in the room with me, as I've read about this happening lol! What was the being that you saw? Just a guy in your room?

Usually I'm not one to get scared very easily, but for some reason, in this state, I was. Probably because we enter a world full of unknowns, like being born again into a new world. I actually thought that after the experience. That's probably what it feels like being born into this world too.

GrumpyRabbit

Congrats!!

You mentioned the room you projected into seemed like your bedroom but not totally consistent with Real Life. Yes, that's how it goes. Robert Monroe calls it "reality distortions". It's "real life" but a bit...off. It's not possible to know 100% *why* we experience these distortions, but we do. Possibly the more awake/conscious one is while projecting, the more "clear" the experience? Also, not everything is literal - some things you encounter are information/energy bundles manifesting to you in a particular way that is symbolic of the information being conveyed.

Kudos =)

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on May 07, 2022, 14:35:24
Congrats!!

You mentioned the room you projected into seemed like your bedroom but not totally consistent with Real Life. Yes, that's how it goes. Robert Monroe calls it "reality distortions". It's "real life" but a bit...off. It's not possible to know 100% *why* we experience these distortions, but we do. Possibly the more awake/conscious one is while projecting, the more "clear" the experience? Also, not everything is literal - some things you encounter are information/energy bundles manifesting to you in a particular way that is symbolic of the information being conveyed.

Kudos =)

Yeah the room I was in was pretty similar, but the feeling of the house was definitely different if that makes any sense. In the actual house we are on the top floor, but in the experience it "felt" like there was another floor above us. My vision was too poor to confirm if it was actually different though.

I just had a similar experience last night. (Yay I'm on a roll!) I was dreaming that I was sleeping in bed and woke up drowsy but again the house felt different. It felt like a bungalow. (I get this theme alot actually in my dreams. The house always feels different for some reason.) I was holding an Ipad and my wife was asking me what I was looking at or doing on the Ipad, but I didnt know because I was too drowsy. And then I sort of mumbled that I thought I was about to astral project.

At that point I heard a sound similar to a car with subwoofers blasting bass down the street and then I felt the falling or dropping sensation and knew this was a sign of AP. So I sat up right away, but only saw a foggy blue hue for a second and snapped back into my body and woke up. I think I reacted too quickly on that opportunity. I should have eased into it more.

omcasey

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on April 29, 2022, 16:30:54
Wow! Yeah that would scare the heck outta me. I was actually fearing that I would see something in the room with me, as I've read about this happening lol! What was the being that you saw? Just a guy in your room?

Usually I'm not one to get scared very easily, but for some reason, in this state, I was. Probably because we enter a world full of unknowns, like being born again into a new world. I actually thought that after the experience. That's probably what it feels like being born into this world too.

He was not in my room, he was in a completely different area, but I was in both, experiencing the overlap. At the time I did not realize this, I was almost brand new to these experiences. So it seemed to me I was laying there in my room, and although my physical hand was horizontally laying on the bed, another right hand ( lol ) was upright on this man's chest and I was beginning to realize the fact. Beginning to explore where this other hand of mine was ( lol ) - and whooosh.

Plume

...amazing experience . yes it was fun to read , it brought back memories when i was more serious in my practicing.