I was THIS close!

Previous topic - Next topic

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

I was so determined last night that I didn't go to sleep until 4am.  After a lot of energy work I managed to get into hypnagogic state.  Then my etheric head and upper body started rising, I felt presence - someone was helping me....I thought this is it, my helper is here and I'm going to project.... c'mon get up! get up! But my head was so heavy I couldn't hold it any longer and my heart was beating faster so lied back down and woke up in RTZ - very very frustrated.  What's happening? Why is it so heavy - I mean it's my "light" body, right? What's the best thing to do in that situation?
:|
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Whitehawk

Hi Venus,

It looks like you are really close, huh. Don't get discouraged. It WILL happen. When I was reading your post, I immediately thought that the problem may be too much anticipation of the event. I went through much the same thing and still struggle with it some.

When you feel like something is about to happen, instead of getting swept away by what you think is about to happen, try to relax your mind and observe what is actually happening as dispassionately as possible. The projection will take place then.  I know this will seem impossible at first, but it does help, or at least it helped me.

Also, it sounds like you've already got someone/something trying to help you, so maybe that will help even further.

Just my 2 cents,

CWH

Spirit is the only thing that has never been absent. It is the only constant in your changing experience. --Ken Wilber

Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things. --Jack Burton

Fight the Vast Machine --J12H

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Thank you Whitehawk!!!  I will try to do what you said.

:-D
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

SilverSlider

I'm confused...how did you not project but you woke up in the Real Time Zone? Are you talking about physical reality? If your in the RTZ it is an out of body experience (you projected).

To me when I have this problem I have found it to be caused by not enough physical relaxation and as the above poster mentioned try and passively observe, which will also keep you relaxed.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

hi Silver

You are right, I meant to say I woke up in the physical world, not RTZ.  And thanks for your comments.

the thing is, when I try to observe passively as you said, I get too sleepy and before I know it, fall into deep sleep, and wake up the following morning  :-P  When I told my teacher this, he said "if you are planning to go somewhere, say at 7pm in real life, you get your physical body ready and leave.  Similarly if you are planning to project, you need to get up and leave - you do not wait for it to happen to you, you make it happen".  Makes sense to me, but it's not everyday I walk out of my body at will!  So I'm trying to get that round my head.  But I am open to any helpful info as I am absolutely determined to wake up in the astral, so I will try out your suggestion.

best
venus
:-D

CFTraveler

Sometimes partial separations are caused by energy body blockages, and sometimes the causes are mysterious (as in 'idiopathic' which is medicalese for 'we don't know'.).  But sometimes relaxation is the key, or an easily flowing energy body.  I've had a few instances of these, and found energy work to be the solution, but I don't want to sound like I think that's the solution every time.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Makes a lot of sense.  Thanks CFTraveler.

Psan

Quote from: Venus_Goddess_of_Love on April 21, 2008, 16:41:03.... c'mon get up! get up!

The problem is here....
You forced too much. It is a natural process and happens on its own mostly. Can you force yourself to go to sleep? No.
The trick is to create necessary conditions and allow it to happen, then once you are out, take control of it...