I'm asking for help writing a booklet on AP

Previous topic - Next topic

Makaveli

I think it would be good to have a little on how to properly navigate in the astral and advice on things to do once projected like flying or passing through walls.

Vicky

Hi Zarklon,
I would suggest to you to include your experiences first to grab the attention of the reader because all books start with explanations about the experience. If you write about what the experience is like by your own experience then some people might be able to associate it with some of their experiences and will be much more interested in the rest of the book. Only a few experiences maybe enough. I am saying this because I am reading a book about astral projection and I am re-reading things I have read in many other books and it sort of repeats itself. I liked Robert Monroe's first book where he starts with his experiences
Който търси, намира.

Comokisadore

Hello Zarklon, I being very experienced in SP
suggest you include a section on how Sleep Paralysis is related to out of body
experiences, how alot of projectors use sleep paralysis to project, how melatonin is related to sleep paralysis, why do some people have sp and others don't, etc.

Robert Peterson is also a well known projector who talks about SP and also gives advice on using SP to project

Zarklon

Hmm thats interesting Comokisadore , I too use sleep paralysis to project.. or .. at least I try to induce sleep paralysis from a fully awake state.  The paralysis is coupled with vibrations for me and once I'm in that state , its easy to get out..  I think I'll put a section in there about SP , thanks for the help.  I'm not sure how melatonin and stuff is related to it so I might have to look it up somewhere.
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

innerpilot

A big applause for your effort. I hope many people read it besides your teacher. I am very interested, especially if you can keep it under 40 pages. That can be difficult but well worth the effort. Think about your audience, you want to make sure you reach your audience. Use a lot of your own words and experiences, honestly. Don't force it at all just to measure up to someone else's writings or expectations. If you are giving advice to people, you might also  remind them to be flexible in their practice, that trying too hard to strictly adhere to someone else's guidelines, can actually interfere with their individual progress.  A good book need not be brick thick. You may do a lot of good service for a lot of people with this project. If you would like a volunteer proofreader email me privately. I'm sure there are lots of people on this site who are excited about your endeavor and will be willing to help. Good job!

ralphm

great ideas, probably more interesting than a lot of other students. An overview of the subject is probably all you need, unless you want to write a book.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Zarklon

Yea I guess I'm just trying to just cover the basics and not dabble too far into any one topic.  I do want anyone to read this book to be able to understand how OBEs work , how to go OBE , what can be done while astral, and how it has changed at least MY view on life and things that happen.  I plan on making the booklet available somewhere online for other readers to take a look at .. maybe I'll submit it to astral pulse but I doubt it would be worthy enough for this site hehe.  I've still been thinking about some other things to add to my outline and I just have no idea .. maybe I should start writing it and hopefully I get some ideas as I go.. I've never written something that I can just "let go" with so this is kinda new.  My biggest worry is that I'll ramble too much or write too much stuff that is just.. not too important..  If anyone reading this has read any of my other posts here.. you should notice how long and detailed some of them are.  If my booklet reflects my posts.. phew.. I'll have a novel in less than a week.  Thanks innerpilot for the offer , I might take you up on it :)
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

innerpilot

The first thing I would do is clear this project with my teacher. Make sure it qualifies as "spending 15 hours with a mentor to make something". Is writing a paper the same as making something? Will you get to spend 15 hours with your mentor? Your teacher may have a different understanding. It happened to me one time in college, after working very hard on something,  I discovered I went off in the wrong direction. Professor said, "Gee, I think you must have misunderstood the assignment etc...." So if you haven't got the clearance yet, you might want to do that. If you have, wonderful. Next thing, you said it was a major project due soon. How soon? Right now you seem to be attempting a very ambitious project, might be too ambitious for your allotted time. Let us know when the project is due, that will guide our input into giving you suggestions for an outline.

Zarklon

Hello everyone,

I am a senior in highschool now and I have a major project due soon.  I have to spend 15 hours with a "Mentor" and make a product.  Most people in the class are choosing things like .. sewing , carpentry , poetry , etc..  But .. not me [:P]  I chose to pick a Mentor who is devoting most of his life to the study of astral projection and who just happends to be writing some books of his own.  Of course I'll be asking him for help on this also but I thought I'de get a few more opinions before I set anything into stone.

I'm asking for everyone's help in coming up with a basic outline of what I'm going to be talking about in my book.  I've been practicing AP for about 2 years now and have had many experiences of my own and I consider myself at least a decent teacher in the art because at least 3 people , that I know , have had their first OBEs from my advice.  I'm not exactly sure how to organize my information in the book so that it wont be so .. well.. jam packed with info and confusing to read.  Theres a bunch of people interested in reading my booklet when I'm done and I want to make a good impression.. oh yea.. and I want to pass English 4 =/

I'm just throwing this outline up at the moment , I havent given it too much thought until now .. any opinions?  If anyone is interested in giving me a completely new outline , I'm ok with that also.. the more help the better. I'm trying for at least 20 pages.. (40 if printed book sized)

1) Title page
2) Table of contents
3) Introduction to Astral Projection (what it is ..possibilities)
4) The Desired State (Mind awake/Body asleep) & How to's
  a. Meditation Techniques?
  b. Body Relaxation?
  c. Mind awareness exercises? (Counting breaths , visualizing scenes)
5) Energy raising (What it is.. Why do it? .. and ESP possibilities)
  a. Auras
  b. Psi Balls? (Should I include this stuff? Its something I do also)

6) Vibrations (What they are , why they happen , what to do , etc..)

7) Good Techniques To Go Astral (Rope,Breathe awareness,Point-shift etc...)

8) Some of my Astral Experiences
  a. Journal Excerpts
  b. Body Sensations (3D Box view, falling sensation , etc..)
  c. Exit Sensations

9) Troubles Projecting
  a. My roadblocks and how I overcame them
  b. Excerpts from my journals

I may have missed some vital things that should go into a book about Astral Projecting.  I basically want to inform the readers about What OBEs are , the possibilities , how to have them , and what roadblocks they may encounter while trying to practice having them.  

If anyone could offer some advice on this outline , please do.  Maybe someone can elaborate a little on some of the major topics I have listed? Get me a little further along in the  alphabet than A. and B. ?  :) Peace