I'm losing hope -_-

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiba

Alright, I'm starting to lose hope. I've been trying to project for 3(maybe 4) years now. I know sometimes it takes this long but I've done everything right, I've kept calm, keep focused, didn't expect to do it, etc. I've tried so many methods and only had some real progress with one (it was posted here on the old forums, don't remember who wrote it). I need a method bad, something basically simple. Please help.

Thanks,
                                                                                        Kiba
Most people are pawns, believing what is meant to be believed, never even letting the thought that TK, PK, CK, AP's, ect. could be real. The ones who do, however, have broken their chains, and are free from the bonds of society.

Thanks, Xiatrix :p

onetaek

You shouldn't try so hard. Be relaxed. :)

Kiba

Thats what my friend said also. I've been getting more relaxed before hand now when i try.
Most people are pawns, believing what is meant to be believed, never even letting the thought that TK, PK, CK, AP's, ect. could be real. The ones who do, however, have broken their chains, and are free from the bonds of society.

Nostic

Quote from: KibaAlright, I'm starting to lose hope. I've been trying to project for 3(maybe 4) years now. I know sometimes it takes this long but I've done everything right, I've kept calm, keep focused, didn't expect to do it, etc. I've tried so many methods and only had some real progress with one (it was posted here on the old forums, don't remember who wrote it). I need a method bad, something basically simple. Please help.

Thanks,
                                                                                        Kiba

How consistently do you practice? I think consistency is key.

Kiba

karnautrahl

Have you tried Astral Dynamics or Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce yet?
I haven't personally progressed beyond energy work myself-but that's because I'm a little lazy. I can feel chi/energy easily so it's immediate reward :-). but the rest is harder feel. Having read the books however I suspect someone as dedicated as yourself should be able to learn the discipline and be projecting within a few months
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

clandestino

Try the following for a few days....Perhaps 4 or 5. Its probably best to try it at the weekend ! (taking a nap in the afternoon isn't very popular with most businesses, hee hee...)

Mark's patented* Jump-start to astral sight

eat light meals. no snack or junk food, no sweets or coca cola !
do strenuous physical exercise, enough to make you tired / sleepy e.g try running a few miles each evening.
don't drink alcohol.
sleep for only a few hours at night, perhaps 3 or 4.
Have a short nap in the afternoon.

It is not a method....but it may cause an involuntary projection after you awaken, or just some symptoms e.g. astral sight, arms floating from your body. At the very least, you'll have some very vivid dreams ! I reckon that this combination of exercise & lack of sleep puts the mind slightly out of sync with the body, which occasionally gives you a window of opportunity to project.

My intention is not for you to practise this technique all the time !! Instead, I hope that you'll experience some OBE-related symptoms. This will then give you renewed hope, & perhaps you will be inspired to continue practising, perhaps from Robert Bruce's new book. If not, give it a break for a few months and come back to it when you feel the time is right.

Kind regards
Mark

*Not really.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Potatis

I would have thought that if you have been trying to project for 3 or 4 years that you'd know every method known to man by now.

What do you mean by "didn't expect to do it"?

Make sure you feel strong motivation or intent, don't just relax and see what happens. Ask yourself why you want an obe. Is it important to you? Try to psyche yourself up with strong reasons for having an obe and see if that helps.

How far have you got in the past? Have you ever felt exit sensations? Floating feelings, heavy sinking feelings, strong vibes etc?

I hope you have some success soon!! :-)

Potatis

Frank

Hmm, the same question is in my mind too.

What do you mean by "didn't expect to do it." Was that a typo? Because if you are truly performing all this while not expecting to do it, then you are basically getting what you currently expect. I thought if you would let us know what you have tried that gave you some results, then we could expand on that.

Yours,
Frank

Kiba

karnautrahl - No, I have never tried them, maybe I should lol.

clandestino - Thanks, i'll try that for a few days like you said.

Anyways, what I meant by "didn't expect to do it" was I didn't expect to do it, and I didn't expect to not do it, I was at a state of mind where I just don't really care if I do or don't.

I got preaty far in the past, I felt very floaty, strong vibes, heard a voice or two I think.

Hm...the 1 method that I got REALLY far on was the one where you:

1. Get a timer, set it for 5 minutes, try to fall asleep
2. After it goes off, set it for 10
3. then 15
4. Then 20
5. Then keep setting for 25

I edited this though, and made beeping noises and burnded them to a CD. I also just yesterday tried the "White Light(Or was it Tube?)" Method. I felt floaty but thats all.

GorillaBait

Its possible that you need to work more on the core skills before attempting your projections.  Projection is dependant upon certain things, how much energy you can draw into your body, how physically relaxed you can get, and your meditation ability.  Maybe you should spend some time not actually trying to project, but solely practicing energy work and some mental discipline exercises/physical relaxation.  After a while of working on these and seeing marked success, you can try again to project, which might increase your chances of success dramatically.  But I don't actually know how advanced you are at these things, so if you're already very advanced in energy work and meditation, this might be a bad idea.

Carlos

Well, I am disappointed as well in my progress. I have however put a lot of effort into it and haven't had much success. Perhaps if I tell you what I am doing, you might give me some insight.  Every night before I go to bed, I spend about an hour or so, relaxing, raising energy etc. I have some OBE tapes from Robert Monroe which I use along with meditation (attempting to meditate). Then, I go to bed and wake up at 3 in the morning. I lye down on the floor and do about 500 breathing, raise energy again.   Go back to bed and sometimes I feel some energy and or vibration and even have some quick dreams like OBE, but  don't seem to have any control of it. Once in awhile, I feel sort of having an OBE and even feel hands holding my hands in attempt to help me out but I don't seem to go anywhere. I haven't given up and plan on being consistent throughout this year to see if I improve. I have also gotten in the habit of writing my dreams down every morning.  Well, I hope you will give me some hints.

Thanks
Happiness is the outcome of right living: Intellectual cultivation, self-control, a calm and tranquil mind, cheerfulness, striving after that which is good.

Astral-Jas

TAKE A TRUE BREAK.

For one month! You can do it! But don't take the break to actually go out of body, do it for the actual break. You need it anyways.

Carlos

Last night I had the weirdest experience. Before going to sleep, I spent over an hour doing my usual OBE exercises. I was raising energy and for the very first time, I felt my energy body responding. I felt motivated by it and continued my relaxation, breathing and raising energy.  At one point, I got up and decided to do a few things before going to bed. Even when I was walking and doing things, I felt the tingling sensation and vibration going on specially on my right foot. I decided to lay in bed and  wait to see if my body was going to explode.  A little later, I am in a sort of a dream like situation where I feel this presence pulling me back and I am battling it to free myself. It was a horrible sensation. Then, after I got myself somehow free, or so I thought, I started to feel a churning sensation in my torso area and felt as though my stomach or the whole torso had a ballon inside. I don't think I know how to describe this sensation but I know it was not pleasant. This somehow broke my relaxation and brought me back to reality. When awake, I felt as though I was out of fuel. My body wasn't as vibrant any more even though I still felt that tinginling sensation on my foot. When I managed to go back to seep, I had a nightmare. Well, this at least proved to me that the raising energy does  do something.  Perhaps anyone has had similar experience and can share some light.
Happiness is the outcome of right living: Intellectual cultivation, self-control, a calm and tranquil mind, cheerfulness, striving after that which is good.

MisterJingo

How much sleep do you get per night, and do you feel rested? My best results come at times when I get too much sleep. I usually average 5-6 hours a night and although if I practice daily I do get OBE results, due to tiredness they are usually infrequent and of poor quality. Around 4 years back I went through a stage of nightly practice. I would go to bed at 10 pm (my average bedtime is 2-6 am so this is very early for me) feeling very awake. I would then proceed to first do physical relaxation exercises, then a form of body meditation, and then use triggers to put me into an equivalent F10 state (mind awake body asleep.) If I'm truthful my incident of OBE during these practice sessions were low (although I did experience a lot of other strange occurrences,) BUT, I started to experience a lot of spontaneous OBEs and a very high frequency of sleep paralysis on awakening which I would use to project.
Getting back to my 'too much sleep' comment. If I have a few hours more sleep than I am used to (around 8-9 instead of 5-6) I find I can easily enter LDs, or if I awaken I can easily bring about the vibrational state, leading to OBEs. Have you tried getting more sleep than you normally have?

karnautrahl

Guys just HOW much energy do you have to raise to even begin this stuff? I've also been working with NEW for sometime now, and 2hrs most days is not unusual. It's usually strong enough to make me sweat even when it's cold. However regardless of the amount of energy work or the amount of attempted meditation nothing much changes in my dream world. At all.  It's pretty demotivating to find continous effort isn't bringing any reward.

What kept me doing NEW to start with was the immediate feedback to systematic training. Now however I don't feel I'm getting much further. It does just seem to be harder and harder to get any further. That's a serious demotivator big time.  Is it just me?
I have commented elsewhere that I feel I'm in a psychic cage. As in I cannot get any psychic senses or glimpses of more interesting realities. I'll elaborate elsewhere sometime. Just to say I've a frustrated experience of reality. Beyond energy work internally it just feels that the closed skeptic worldview is becoming slightly more in line with what I am managed to sense. Which is NOT what I want. :(
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Carlos

Hello, MisterJimgo,

You bring up a good point, something to consider specially because I am always mentally exausted after a full days' work and other studies that  I do.     Thanks for your input.

Carlos

Well, Karnautrahl,

The trick here is patience and endurance. This is all about personal effort. Don't lose hope. Good things take time.

karnautrahl

I've been trying to do more with energy since I was about 11, I read a lot of my mother's books on magic, hypnosis and other subjects. It was an accident that I became aware of being able to move "energy", but once I could I practiced a lot-even though it was in an instinctive and ad hoc manner. It took years before I realised it was more tactile than anything.
I also tried meditation, spells oh the list goes on. I'm now 27 and the only reason I haven't abandoned the field of the "paranormal" if you like, is the fact that I have been able to course healing to occur in a lot of people I've tried to work on. If it wasn't for that by now with the time I've put in I would have dismissed it all as nonsense to be honest.
As it is now, it seems to me that it's near impossible to me to go beyond moving a bit of energy. I've been practicing chakra work as well from the NEW system and have worked systematically. No matter how much time I spend on it nothing changes outside the practice. Inside the practice session it's just simple effort and sensation. I can always feel "chi" as heat/tingles and rushes. It's pretty consisten, no sense of blockages. But no psychic senses ever manifest, nor does my dream life change.
I hope people can understand my sheer frustration when I DO think about this consciously. Most of the time I ignore this issue and just practice what I can feel, but I do feel I'm locked into a boring level of reality that nothing I do changes.
Just as a side note-I have tried different drugs in my life, ecstacy, weed, LSD(once!) and varying doses of mushrooms, also Salvia.
Guess what? Only visual distortions at the very best. Slight tactile and balance issues. some emotional switches on one dose of mushies.
Regardless of dose, hallucination and other weird excrement doesn't happen. Yet another confirmation that I can't go "beyond". Very boring, very frustrating, very disheartening.
I would have tried the payote or ayausca ceremonies but money, and other things have stopped me now and I probably won't. Especially as I've not used anything more than some wine for 2 yrs now.
Basically to my subconscious I just have one reality and some dreaming reality. It's a flaming pain in the ****! LOL.
Sorry if my frustration is just coming through now. I don't let it out that much usually :-) so I hope people don't mind, and I hope my releasing this might help someone else too?
Regards
Karn-Aut-Rahl

Carlos

Karnautrahl,

My interest in OBE is that I wanted to know through personal experience if we are indeed more than our physical bodies. I know that this is a delicate area which requires a lot of effort, a very positive mental attitude and faith in myself.  This is more like playing a musical instrument. One has to spend thousands  of hours on a piano before he can play it well. Many a time you become frustrated and want to give up. However, the ones who succeed are the ones who never give up. This applies to anything we do in life.   But playing the piano is not for every one. Sometimes we have to seek to direct our efforts into something else if what we are doing is not getting anywhere.

Best wishes.

Kiba

QuoteTAKE A TRUE BREAK.

For one month! You can do it! But don't take the break to actually go out of body, do it for the actual break. You need it anyways.
Last time I took a break I couldn't even get any feeling at all when I went back to try.

I most the time get about...8 hours of sleep a night.

SpirituallyGreen

It is because you believe your body and you to be the same thing.  You are where your thoughts, daydreams, dreams, ... essence is.  

You have already had many implicit obe experiences.... but while you 'try' to have an explicit experience, you allow your mind to paint you an illusion that you are attached to your body.   If you can't keep your mind quiet... try instead to think of yourself as a spirit enclosed in a vesel, i.e. your body.  Then stop thinking about getting out... simply think of being somewhere else or looking at your body... and it will be so.   When you project yourself somewhere... anywhere... you will soon come to see that the projection is not a conjuration of your mind, but is instead real, i.e. that you have already left your body and is looking at something in realtime.

Kiba

Hmmmm...interesting, yes, i'll try that. Thanks SpirituallyGreen :)

SpectralDragon

Quote from: KibaHmmmm...interesting, yes, i'll try that. Thanks SpirituallyGreen :)

Kiba, you are using Cube's method. He has, since the last time he has posted on here, expanded on this method and developed new methods. I suggest you check them out at http://www.saltcube.com Do check the forums as well as he has extra tips. Especially check out the breathing part which is especially important in projection.

After checking that out check this method out:

http://www.gatesofmysticism.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=355

Mix and match if you read. Or you can personally talk to me on messenger and we can work something out. 3-4 years is too long to have to wait to learn to project.

Kiba

Yes!! THATS Who it was!! Cube! I'll read both of those and will prob. contact you on MSN, Aim, Yahoo, ect. Thanks for those links, Spectral.