I'm new to this and have some questions

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberDodo

I've accidentally came across an article talking about Astral Projection and was amazed and read about it for like a continues 12 hours and just wake up to keep reading more and still can't comprehend the whole thing .. Please help by answering these questions if you can

-When flying to different places, do you really go there? or you are imagining the experience?   
-Do you see everything crystal-clear, people , cars , shops ..everything in real time?
-If I went to the outer space and went to Mars, will I find NASA's spacecrafts / hardware there drilling to find water? 

The whole thing sounds crazy to me, I just don't know how crazy it is :) 

Thank you in advance.

Crocodilian123

It has never been proven that you are actually projecting your consciousness out of your body. It might be your whole imagination making it up. We just don't know.

CyberDodo

Quote from: Crocodilian123 on October 03, 2015, 15:06:12
It has never been proven that you are actually projecting your consciousness out of your body. It might be your whole imagination making it up. We just don't know.
That contradicts what I've read.. K but when your etheral body travels to somewhere you've never been to before, the scenery will be gloomy for example? will be random ? or the exact one ?

Xanth

Quote from: CyberDodo on October 03, 2015, 04:14:56
I've accidentally came across an article talking about Astral Projection and was amazed and read about it for like a continues 12 hours and just wake up to keep reading more and still can't comprehend the whole thing .. Please help by answering these questions if you can

-When flying to different places, do you really go there? or you are imagining the experience?   
-Do you see everything crystal-clear, people , cars , shops ..everything in real time?
-If I went to the outer space and went to Mars, will I find NASA's spacecrafts / hardware there drilling to find water? 

The whole thing sounds crazy to me, I just don't know how crazy it is :) 

Thank you in advance.
Croc is mostly correct.  We don't really know.  So I'll answer you from my own perspective of my experiences over the last 30+ years.

Your questions revolve around what most people commonly refer to as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ).  There are many opinions, mine is that the RTZ doesn't objectively exist and what you experience is a replica from your own subconscious mind and those of others as well.  Your experiences while projecting are EXACTLY the same to the kind of experience you're having right now at this very moment.  It's all very physical and very (I loath to use this term, but) "real".

The thing is that if you were to go to Mars or even the Moon... or anywhere else for that matter, you'll be subjected to your interpretation of the experience.  So what I say is that WHAT you experience is objective, but HOW you experience it is subjective.

I've probably only confused you more though.  ;)

Xanth

Quote from: CyberDodo on October 03, 2015, 16:12:29
That contradicts what I've read.. K but when your etheral body travels to somewhere you've never been to before, the scenery will be gloomy for example? will be random ? or the exact one ?
"Etheral Body"  ... ugh...  you've already latched onto the horrible labels and vernacular.

Do yourself a favour and forget most of what you've read. 
Next, do yourself another favour and work on having your own experiences.
That's the only way you're going to figure things out for yourself.  :)

fowlskins

i love your blunt break downs xanth :)
you have very much confirmed what i always really believed that its an internal exploration rather than an actual exit of your soul or what ever you want to call it
ive wasted many years so far (well not actually wasted its always been fun) but striving for a more "real" experience when all along ive been looking at it all wrong
alot of posts here over the last couple of weeks have helped me define this

in waking life i try to be as present in the moment as much as possible and view as objectively as possible trying to hush that naughty ego as much as i can and thats the way im going to look at the non physical reality as well from now on what ever happens, happens and just enjoy the moment and learn from the experience without adding tons of labels and expectations to it

CyberDodo

Quote from: Xanth on October 03, 2015, 16:17:20
"Etheral Body"  ... ugh...  you've already latched onto the horrible labels and vernacular.

Do yourself a favour and forget most of what you've read. 
Next, do yourself another favour and work on having your own experiences.
That's the only way you're going to figure things out for yourself.  :)

Bummer .. I thought it is like iron man lol  I don't know many places outside my country .. damn I still need to save for airplane tickets!
And I think I 've to read and know exactly what I will go through .. they say there are demons and bad souls  :evil:

Xanth

Quote from: CyberDodo on October 03, 2015, 17:04:52
Bummer .. I thought it is like iron man lol  I don't know many places outside my country .. damn I still need to save for airplane tickets!
And I think I 've to read and know exactly what I will go through .. they say there are demons and bad souls  :evil:
LOL  Well, you might still be in luck! 
Don't get me wrong... you CAN experience a place you've never been to in all it's physical glory.

Say, you've never been to the Pyramids in Egypt... you COULD still go there and see them as they are.  It's tough, because you need to be calm and centered during the entire experience.  Being calm and centered will alleviate you from experiencing any of those reality fluctuations people talk about a lot, which seem to basically be influences upon your experience from other consciousnesses.  So while you CAN experience something just as it is... it's usually really hard to do this.  It's best to ask to just experience something in the best way possible "for you" to learn from it or to gain some kind of knowledge from it. :)

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Xanth on October 03, 2015, 16:15:41
Your questions revolve around what most people commonly refer to as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ).  There are many opinions, mine is that the RTZ doesn't objectively exist and what you experience is a replica from your own subconscious mind and those of others as well.  
There is a lot of merit to this argument, but is it not also possible to find out things in the real time zone that no one knows? I know the results of experiments like this are shaky but some people have had limited success. Being able to explore through the memory of other conscious entities is pretty amazing and useful even if it isn't completely accurate.

Your experiences while projecting are EXACTLY the same to the kind of experience you're having right now at this very moment.  It's all very physical and very (I loath to use this term, but) "real".
How do you account for the stability of the experience in this reality? Consciousness cannot necessarily distinguish between realities so one can argue that nothing is physical, it is all just subconscious, this reality and the dream reality. But there is a problem with this view; when we wake up each morning it is to a consistent experience, unlike our dreams.

There is a vessel in this reality which can be destroyed with consequences and it is also responsible for providing the sensory input we perceive. In dreams there are no apparent consequences to destroying your vessel, if you even perceive one, and you are exposed to senses which are normally beyond our capability to perceive in this reality.

There is something that binds this reality into a persistent form, I believe this is the effect of consciousness in this dimension. It also accounts for how we are able to obtain new information from other entities that seem to objectively exist. Once again this differs from dream entities which collapse under interrogation.

Some people describe other realities that are not like dreams however. These other realities are described as being more persistent like this one, and are populated with beings which comparable objectivity to those in this reality. What is your opinion on the existence of these realities?

Szaxx

Quote from: Xanth on October 03, 2015, 22:37:38
LOL  Well, you might still be in luck! 
Don't get me wrong... you CAN experience a place you've never been to in all it's physical glory.

Say, you've never been to the Pyramids in Egypt... you COULD still go there and see them as they are.  It's tough, because you need to be calm and centered during the entire experience.  Being calm and centered will alleviate you from experiencing any of those reality fluctuations people talk about a lot, which seem to basically be influences upon your experience from other consciousnesses.  So while you CAN experience something just as it is... it's usually really hard to do this.  It's best to ask to just experience something in the best way possible "for you" to learn from it or to gain some kind of knowledge from it. :)

This is good info. I've seen places decades before travelling there in the physical to find an exact replica. My first was before my 5th birthday, what I saw was present in the morning exactly as seen during my nightly travels.
Staying emotionally inert is key to having no fluctuations. At 4 or 5 years old your knowledge of the surrounding area is tiny, when you travel around it in the NP and go to what you've seen later in the physical with a parent to find the item you've seen earlier, what more can you say?
Learn the art for yourself and be there to answer your own questions.
It's real...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on October 03, 2015, 22:54:58
There is a lot of merit to this argument, but is it not also possible to find out things in the real time zone that no one knows? I know the results of experiments like this are shaky but some people have had limited success. Being able to explore through the memory of other conscious entities is pretty amazing and useful even if it isn't completely accurate.
It certainly is.  I do believe there are examples of this throughout history, but then the important question is "HOW" does that work?
How can we know something which we perceive that nobody else knows?  Because everything is "consciousness".  Everything is one.  So what one part of consciousness knows, ALL parts of consciousness know.
The caveat being that we know it through the interpretation of those who have experienced it.  That makes a potentially objective experience lack objectivity since experience is largely subjective.  

QuoteHow do you account for the stability of the experience in this reality? Consciousness cannot necessarily distinguish between realities so one can argue that nothing is physical, it is all just subconscious, this reality and the dream reality. But there is a problem with this view; when we wake up each morning it is to a consistent experience, unlike our dreams.

There is a vessel in this reality which can be destroyed with consequences and it is also responsible for providing the sensory input we perceive. In dreams there are no apparent consequences to destroying your vessel, if you even perceive one, and you are exposed to senses which are normally beyond our capability to perceive in this reality.

There is something that binds this reality into a persistent form, I believe this is the effect of consciousness in this dimension. It also accounts for how we are able to obtain new information from other entities that seem to objectively exist. Once again this differs from dream entities which collapse under interrogation.
The difference between experiencing this physical reality versus any other reality which we might encounter via a projection is that our consciousness is BORN into this reality in a much more intimate way than anything you can experience while projecting non-physically.  At that point, we're part of this reality.  We're as much part of this reality, albeit temporarily, as anything else here, and at that point our consciousness is drawn upon to CREATE this reality as well.  It's a "stable" reality because of this point of being born here, because we're part of it.  The collective of ALL of the consciousnesses within this reality makes this reality as solid as it seems.

Everything we experience is compared and interpreted via our experience here... and that's really the key to everything.  If you want to be able to learn and grow as a spiritual being, you need to become part of a reality... and that means you have to be physically born into it.  That's what binds you here... as I said though, albeit temporarily.  There needs to be choices and there needs to be perceived risks, or else there isn't really much you can learn.  How much can you learn when there's no risks to you?  Consider that.

QuoteSome people describe other realities that are not like dreams however. These other realities are described as being more persistent like this one, and are populated with beings which comparable objectivity to those in this reality. What is your opinion on the existence of these realities?
I certainly do believe such places exist.  My experiences with anything outside of anything seemingly "Physical" would be limited as I believe my mind is too "logical" to outright experience it.  I have had experiences where I simply can't interpret what's been going on so it becomes a mess in my mind to correlate, but yes, those truly "non-physical" places do exist outside the confines of any physical reality rule set.

If you really wanted to cut hairs here, one could say that even this physical reality, in all it's physical-ness, IS still very non-physical in its nature.  Everything, at it's very core, is only data after-all.  :)