Insomnia OBE method

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGUS89

Yes! The method seems Very accurate. I can relate to my second Astral projection Session. I couldnt sleep And i tossed and turned and tried to until I wasnt comfortbale and I was hot and sweating i couldnt stand it so I forced my astral body to depart and it happened in 2 seoncds!

thanks for this methood

Dream Cadet

I may have to give this a try if something don't happen soon.  I am currently in a slump as well.  I was popping an average of 1 a week for awhile and now asquickly as they came, they disappeared!

D.C.

BOATS

If this fails join the Navy.  You will have many nights at sea trying to stay awake on watch while your mind ache's for sleep and you will begin to see visions.  Ha. Ha.

AntiGravity

I guess Ill give this a try, though I have school the rest of the week. Maybe Saturday night Ill give it a try. Trust me, no one will want me around if I havent slept almost all night [:(!].
If it doesnt work for some reason, then Ill just do my regular things until my next school break, Ill go back to this then.
Thanks for the method Tom!
[;)]

MaDroX

Hey all
I have been trying to get an OBE for some time now, but I always fell asleep because the most methods say "dont move, dont think about anything, relax ,..."

Now I've got one question about this method:

Can you move and think or will this "destroy" everything? Because the most methods say "dont move, dont think , ..."

This method could really help me if you dont have to have a free mind and if you can move ... Im not good at freeing my mind and its hard for me not to move when lying in bed ;)

thanks

MaDroX

wow, that sounds good.. And how do u notice when "it" starts? Is it just like you look at your clock and see that 5 hours have passed and then think "its gonna happen now" and then it happens or how does this work/how will you notice that "it" starts?

MaDroX

So all I have to do is actually lie down, stay awake and then its all about waiting untill I feel myself drifting off and then do the 'rest'?

That doesn't sound too hard.. I guess I will try it Friday night

thanks for this method.. I will post my results after I did it :)

MaDroX

hmm, ok, let me try to explain to myself this again [:D]

1) I lie down
2) I try to stay awake
3) everytime I feel myself drifting off, I pull me back
4) Then after some time I will drift off but I wont notice it.. I will just feel the vibrations and then I just have to go with them and get myself out (and stay awake)

is this correct?

MaDroX

ok, thats really simple

Thanks for your help, I will try it friday night [:)]

Mr.Swift

Wait...So all you do is just go to bed about an hour or 2 earlier and stay awake as long as you can. Then you can't tell either your sleep or not then you start to feel vibrations. Then you just accept them and project?

That sounds EZ.[:D]

CaCoDeMoN

About 10 days ago i've had sleepless night. At 6.00am vibrations started,  and i've got a 5 second OOBE.
MEAT=MURDER.

JAW

Hi Tom,
Im definitely going to have to try your method seeing as though (from previous posts) we seem to have a bit in common. Have you tried shortening the whole process by being more tired when you start out? Say for example if you get up at 9am, try get up at 6am, and if you normally go to sleep at 10, go to sleep at midnight, essentially cutting out a lot of sleep time. Surely that would make you more tired, and lying awake for 5 hours is maybe/kinda/sorta the same ish :D
The only thing Im hoping wont work against me is the extensive amount of experience Ive had pulling all nighters. I usually don't ever feel that tired and have trouble making myself go to sleep at a reasonable hour... its 5am now hehe.
Anyway, am keen to know if youve tried the sleep depravation thing!

Cheers
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

jc84corvette

What? This is nothing like I ever heard before. I should try it some time when I don't have school.

Graupel

How does this differ from Robert Bruce's idea about falling into a trance (sleep) while remaining awake?  Isn't it basically the same.. falling asleep consciously into the several stages of sleep (alpha, theta, delta, etc.)?  From what I can understand this is basically the same technique where you keep your mind focused but not as such to keep you awake in the beta state the entire night.

Will you eventually start to see hypnagogic imagery and hallucinations, and at that point you will feel unconsciousness setting in?

How do you "catch" yourself when you drift off to sleep.. do you just condition your mind to notice any sudden changes of thought or incoherence and then you re-affirm your intention to remain awake by thinking of something such as breathing or oobe.. and eventually everything will become clear again, yet you will be extremely close to the borderline sleep state and vibrations will set in?

MaDroX

I have one more question --> do your eyes have to be closed all time or can you open them sometimes?

CptPicard

Just a quick question from me...

In relation to MaDroX question! Does the eye have to be closed or can you sometimes open them.

My question is....... Can you have your eyes open through the whole experience...? The reason I ask this, is because the other day I couldn't sleep, so instead I decided to do some meditation whilst lying in bed so that I could clear my mind from the intention of sleeping. Anyways..... After about 20 minutes of meditation I started feeling quite sleepy but my eyes where wide open staring at the ceiling.  At this point my entire body started feeling vibrations, really heavy vibrations unlike I've ever experienced before.... Could this have been the start of an OBE...?
Unfortunately the vibrations stopped after about 2 minutes... probably because I wondered what the hell was happening to me. I was conscious of the entire experience... and my eyes were open the whole time.

Paul
I haven't lost my mind, I've backed it up somewhere...

Phong

A better use of those first five hours would be to, uh.. do something.

For instance, start on that website you were always thinking of creating. Or that artwork that constantly enters your mind. Cultivate a sense of impeccability, patience, and creativity. If you are afraid of "losing sleep," think of it as an experiment, but above all, trust your instincts. If you are tired and want to sleep, then sleep. Just as if you are hungry and want to eat, you should eat. Contemplate true sleepiness, as you would contemplate true hunger if you were on a diet.

JAW

We obviously have a goal here and if we choose to spend 5 hours on this then thats our choice. Some would say its more important trying to project than to do the things you mentioned. Doing whatever your body/mind tells you isn't always the best idea, like wanting to sleep on the job or ramming the driver in front of you for driving too slow :P

I find it odd that people link the hypnogogic images to the sleep border or to a stage of unconsciousness, because I always see these images only a couple of minutes into meditation, without fail. However Im not usually feeling that physically relaxed/heavy/etc when I get them...

My sleeping pattern is way out of whack at the moment, so I could possibly be trying your method this weekend as a means to reset my body clock :) Im kinda impatient though so not sure what my chances are. Maybe Ill try the "get real tired" mod to try and speed things, even if you're not sure it'll really help :)
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Graupel

Through your experiments with falling asleep consciously and passing through the several stages of sleep (alpha, delta, theta), have any of you noticed what stage "unconsciousness" settles in, or wants to settle in?  Does it usually happen after the hypnagogic images fade, or during the hypnagogic images if your mind is unfocused?  

I'm thinking that if we can figure out exactly what stage "unconsciousness" settles in we can learn to recognize through our symptoms that the stage is getting near so that we can prepare for it in our minds and thus not let unconsciousness settle in.  What do you think?

Comokisadore

I remember having sleep paralysis everytime I get insomnia,

I beleive unconciousness settles in when melatonin is released, melatonin makes your body feel weird, the effect cannot be explained in words.

I take some melatonin 3mg pills when I attempt to astral project at night and it works often, I get into the sleep paralysis state but from that, its hard for me to project.

Try taking melatonin with this techinque. But i doubt you would need it since your body produces enough anyways.

Graupel

So when the hypnagogic imagery appears and thus you have entered into "dangerous territory" as far as keeping aware of your current consciousness as it passes through sevearal stages of sleep.. just be vigilant and aware that since the images have now appeared, try to passively watch them and know what is going on.. and perhaps even try to manipulate them with your mind if you can in order to keep it focused?

Usually you will start to feel an immediate sense of loosing consciousness while the hypnagogic images play out, and you just try to think of a thought to bring your mind back or say a mantra in your mind such as "i'm still awake"?

JAW

Thats interesting that you say you shouldn't stay in hypnogogic mode for long, I usually stay in it for 5-10-15 minutes and then it goes away on its own. I almost wonder if we're talking about the same thing? Its never a borderline to sleep or unconsciousness for me either, just lots of cool colours/glowing blobs/faces/flying things. I quite enjoy it :)

weagle

how long did you last in the astral with this method and second how much aware were you in the astral?  last time i recalled astral projecting while going to sleep late at night when already tired i didn't last long and i did not have much control cause my mind was too tired.  I think the best chances i had was when sleeping 5hours and wakeup wash face stay awake 30mins doing awareness then going back to sleep keeping mind on one thing i would only be successful if i keep my mind on close to one thing and nothing else then you will realize you are falling asleep and still have your awareness.

CptPicard

Hello Major Tom,

I tried your method last night, but unfortunately I just couldn't resist the temptation to sleep... I was telling myself continiously to stay awake but I had an urge to sleep and rest my mind.... I dont think I have the will power.
I managed to stay awake for about an hour 1/2.

I will give it another go tonight though..

Paul
I haven't lost my mind, I've backed it up somewhere...

Comokisadore

I tried it last night, couldnt stay awake, even with my eyes open for an hour.

I felt this white flash in my head, I beleive if this white flash gets stronger, I would enter sleep paralysis.

Theirs alot of practice and research to be done on these states.