Insomnia OBE method

Previous topic - Next topic

MaDroX

Ok, I will try it tonight.. But I have one more question:

How long can you remain in your astral body with this method? Are there limits when u use this method or is it just like all other methods that you stay astral untill you think about your body or something wakes you up?

MaDroX

What can I do to stay out as long as possible?

MaDroX

ok, thanks
one more question:
I heard that insomnia leads to hallucinations.. So are you sure this is a method to have a real OBE or is it just a hallucination?

AntiGravity

Well, I was attempting to try this last night, but I passed out. I had a rough day, and I knew there was no way I was gonna be able to stay up for 5 hours. Ill try it again tonight and tell you if it goes better.
Take care!

Dream Cadet

Major Tom and all who are practicing this stay awake method,

I think I have uncovered a cleverly concealed OBE buster. I usually OBE now by staying awake until it happens.  What I've found out is when I start getting close, I start trying to tell myself that I'm getting tired of trying. I tell myself that maybe I just should wait and try another time.  I have to overcome this "subtle self suggestion" several times before I start getting vibrations.

I believe this is a self defense mechanism as opposed to just getting bored with trying to OBE for 2 reasons.  

1. It has no real relevance to how long I've been trying. I got the feeling shortly after lying down on a few tries and the vibrations came quicker.

2.  It seems that the vibrations come at about the same time after I talk myself into hanging around a little longer.

When you start trying to talk your self into giving up, I suggest trying to ride it out through that suggestion at least three or four times and see what happens.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

D.C.  

LotusLegs

Hey Major,

I understand what you mean by staying awake being the hardest part.  I tried last night, but I can't remember dozing off.  I'll try again to see what happens.

I've been doing energy work and meditation fairly regularly for about a year now.  Do you think that this method works well regardless of chakra development and such?

Tonight I plan on making myself a little more uncomfortable (at least for the first few hours) we'll see how that works.  I'll let you know what happens tommorow morning.
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka

MaDroX

Ok, I tried this method Friday and Saturday night, but both times I fell asleep[:(]
But I had a nice OBE dream saturday night (which mad me think i really Astral projected [:(!]

well, I'll keep trying ;)

Graupel

So with this method it will bring the sleep border to "you" per se, as in you try to remain awake for as long as possible and eventually you WILL fall asleep consciously and the vibrations will occur?

Dream Cadet

Hi All,

I am working on this method as well.  I didn't have much luck last night.  I fell asleep also.  I am trying to pay close attention to some of the details so I can relate them back when I OBE again.  I did get into a good trance and heard a couple of loud bangs this morning after fighting the subconcious urge to give up three times.  I finally gave in and got up because I thought everyone would be waiting on me. We do Mother's day early around here.  I'll keep you posted and good luck all.

D.C.

thelou

Hi Dream Cadet,

I really dig your sig.

Have your read this one yet?

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11734

Thelou
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

MaDroX

quote:
Originally posted by MajorTom

quote:
Originally posted by MaDroX

Ok, I tried this method Friday and Saturday night, but both times I fell asleep[:(]
But I had a nice OBE dream saturday night (which mad me think i really Astral projected [:(!]

well, I'll keep trying ;)

That's great Madrox. Not fully lucid while OBEing and experiencing it in a dream, but it gets pretty close.

What does it mean when you dream about having an OBE? I have been reading about OBEs since 5 weeks or so now and this was my first dream that made me think I'm having an OBE right now in my dream.. When I woke up I was like "what the hell, did I just project?"
But my answer was "no" because many things in that dream we're a bit too "crazy" (not exactly crazy, let's just say strange) .. But I can remember many things from that dream.. And I loved the ending, I think I never experienced such a great feeling in any dream ever:

I looked out of a window and I knew I'm in my astral body, so I could fly if I wanted.. So I just said to myself: "Hell ,yes, I want to fly"
then I just jumped out of that window and began to fly high in the sky looking down at all the houses.. That was just a GREAT feeling I will never forget.. It was wonderful
well, then after a few seconds of flying I fell down, the feeling vanished [:(] and then I can still remember I saw this text in front of me:

OBE Time: 4 minutes 58 seconds

well, yeah, whatever[:D]

another question:
When you project for real, can you fly out of a window high in the sky and look down at all the houses and everything just like I did in my dream? If yes, it would make me even more want to astral project.. I just can't forget that feeling, it was just great and I think it was very enormous for a dream

Can't wait to try this method again next weekend.. I will try as hard as i can[:D]

Dream Cadet

thelou,

Thanks,

That thread is pretty interesting.  I do recall telling my wife that I dreamt that I was dreaming once but I don't recall the content.  You'd think that I would have remembered but I didn't.

I wonder what it would be like to dream that you were dreaming that you were dreaming that you were dreaming...[:o)][:P]

D.C.

MaDroX

quote:

Madrox: What does it mean when you dream about having an OBE? I have been reading about OBEs since 5 weeks or so now and this was my first dream that made me think I'm having an OBE right now in my dream.. When I woke up I was like "what the hell, did I just project?"
But my answer was "no" because many things in that dream we're a bit too "crazy" (not exactly crazy, let's just say strange) .. But I can remember many things from that dream.. And I loved the ending, I think I never experienced such a great feeling in any dream ever:

Me: I look at OBE dreams as actual OBE's with no lucidity. They tend to be different (more crazy things as you mention), since there appwears to be more interference from the dreaming mind that starts to bleed through in the experience. Eventually everyone makes up their own mind about the significance of these 'OBE dreams'.

The feeling you describe is very much an OBE feeling I think.

another question:
When you project for real, can you fly out of a window high in the sky and look down at all the houses and everything just like I did in my dream? If yes, it would make me even more want to astral project.. I just can't forget that feeling, it was just great and I think it was very enormous for a dream

Yep [:)]

ok, thanks :)

another sensation I had while dreaming (never had this before in a dream I think):

All the time, I felt cold shivers running down my back (so I had goose-flesh all the time)

Do you have an idea where they could have come from?

thelou

Madrox,

The OBE's that I have had, I have only left my house one time.

I have been reading on and off for years about Astral Travel.  I would say it is quite possible that you did leave your body.  I think there is several levels in the dream stage.  Also there are several levels in the Astral stage.  It seems to me that there are a couple of levels where higher dream stage, and lower Astral stages overlap.  Where one is both dreaming and Astrally traveling at the same time.

That is what it sounds like happened to you.  Next time glance back at your bed to see if you are there also.  And you will know exactly what is going on.[:D]
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

Dream Cadet

MaDroX,

I have OBE'd twice when the event started out as a dream.  In one dream lying in bed with my wife (just lying there)[:I].  We were on display in front of a Walmart.  They had the little posts with the plastic chains around the area and people were standing out there just looking at us. I remember when I woke up how funny this seemed. At one point in the dream, I turned to say something to my wife and very intense vibrations went all through me. I knew I was about to exit. Next I was trying to get out of my body and something was covering me.  Then I heard a loud bang and I entered a formal gathering in which the people were waiting for me. A lady sitting at a table in a black dress with a red corsage said we have been expecting you.  They asked some questions that I could not remember when I got back.  There was no doubt this was an OBE.

Do you remember experiencing any sensations before exit?  I would not totally rule out an AP.  Especially if the dream environment changed in texture and clarity.

D.C.

MaDroX

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MaDroX

Quote[another sensation I had while dreaming (never had this before in a dream I think):

All the time, I felt cold shivers running down my back (so I had goose-flesh all the time)

Do you have an idea where they could have come from?

Those sensations come very close in describing to my pre-exit sensations. I never have them during an OBE, but I think it's very significant you experienced them during the 'dream'

hmm, that sounds interesting.. Heh, I really can't wait until I try this again next weekend[:)]

thelou,
as far as I can remember that dream, I started in a underground station (<--subway) , so there was no chance for me to glance back at my bed [:D]

But I don't think this was a real OBE.. Because there was something dream-typical:

All the time in my dream (except when I flew out of the window[8)]) I was together with my sister, brother and a friend of my brother.. And before I went to bed I was walking in an underground station together with my sister, my brother and a friend of my brother[;)]
so my dream just 'remembered' that stuff and I dreamed it.. Of course there were maaaany differences, just like I was in my astral body.. although I don't know how it came that I knew i'm in my astral body.. I just knew it

Oh well, let's hope I will get out for real next weekend[:)]

MaDroX

quote:
Originally posted by Dream Cadet

MaDroX,

I have OBE'd twice when the event started out as a dream.  In one dream lying in bed with my wife (just lying there)[:I].  We were on display in front of a Walmart.  They had the little posts with the plastic chains around the area and people were standing out there just looking at us. I remember when I woke up how funny this seemed. At one point in the dream, I turned to say something to my wife and very intense vibrations went all through me. I knew I was about to exit. Next I was trying to get out of my body and something was covering me.  Then I heard a loud bang and I entered a formal gathering in which the people were waiting for me. A lady sitting at a table in a black dress with a red corsage said we have been expecting you.  They asked some questions that I could not remember when I got back.  There was no doubt this was an OBE.

Do you remember experiencing any sensations before exit?  I would not totally rule out an AP.  Especially if the dream environment changed in texture and clarity.

D.C.

The dream environment was very different.. When I flew in that dream, I know I flew over some of neighbour houses and there were other houses that are not there for real
and It was like I would jump out of a window of my house (maybe even out of the window in the room I sleep.. I'm not sure, but could be) and not out of a window of an underground station.. plus there is no underground station close to my house.. I don't know how it is when you astral project, so I actually can't say if it was a dream or not.. But somehow I would still say it was a dream[?]

thelou

MadroX wrote

quote:
All the time in my dream (except when I flew out of the window) I was together with my sister, brother and a friend of my brother.. And before I went to bed I was walking in an underground station together with my sister, my brother and a friend of my brother

Have you asked your sister or brother if they had any dreams that night? [:D] If not it would be interesting to find out if they had any dreams that were similar.  There are allot of discussions on other parts of this board where people talk about sharing dreams.

There is no spoon.

F411ingst4r

Hey everyone,

I just started opening up to all this...I'm very excited about this OBE you are talking about Major Tom.  I think I will try it this Friday when I don't have school or work [;)].  However, I have a few questions:
What exactly happens during an OBE?
Is it dangerous in any way?
How do I get out of an OBE?

Thanks for the help!
-Tim

MaDroX

quote:
Originally posted by thelou

MadroX wrote

quote:
All the time in my dream (except when I flew out of the window) I was together with my sister, brother and a friend of my brother.. And before I went to bed I was walking in an underground station together with my sister, my brother and a friend of my brother

Have you asked your sister or brother if they had any dreams that night? [:D] If not it would be interesting to find out if they had any dreams that were similar.  There are allot of discussions on other parts of this board where people talk about sharing dreams.

well, my brother told me that he dreamed that he was lying in his bed and almost had an OBE but didn't have one (by the way, he doesn't really believe in OBEs).. Could that have to do something with my dream?
I don't know about my sister, tho.. She doesn't even know about stuff like OBEs

by the way, I dreamed that my brother had an OBE as well and we were traveling together (with my sister and a friend of my brother.. But I can't remember if they were out of body aswell, but I know me and my brother were out of body)

thelou

There is no spoon.

F411ingst4r

cool, gonna have to try that after i graduate.  I would try now, but i got finals this week[xx(]

F411ingst4r

I think I had an OBE!!! I dunno...I'll tell all you guys the story...k so I was up really late...I don't even know what time it was...anyways, all of a sudden I'm flying...but it's not that stupid 'ooh im flying' crap.  It's like...imagine a pendulum swinging...that's what it was like.  Like I would start getting all this momentum as I went down, then I'd arc back up and lose the momentum.  So this went on all the way down the street.  It was wierd I could totally pick out distinct things (example: the store, the fire station, etc.) with a detail that I know I don't have in regular dreams.  I also DON'T REMEMBER WAKING UP OR FALLING ASLEEP. It was like, I dunno...BLAM you know?  Anyways, Major Tom or someone tell me whether or not this was an OBE or something else...