Interesting person I met on the other side.

Previous topic - Next topic

Farther

I'm still not sure what I believe about reincarnation but this has something to do with my OBE not too long back. I started getting feelings that I was, in a past life, a reincarnation of a guy that died in Vietnam. I had never really had feelings like this before and I decided to try to get some information. So on a really good OBE I decided I'd try to contact this 'person'. When I did I felt the presence of him and saw some representation of him (I believe beings sometimes project a form for us to be familiar with, like an avatar on a forum) minus any details in the face. Anyway, I 'told' him he should move on to the next level. He agreed, turned and started to walk away (and slightly upwards). I got a strong feeling he was just doing this to make me happy and not really going to move on for real. It didn't upset me, I just thought 'if you don't want to, you don't have to but it's a lot better up there'. He still half-heartedly agreed and continued walking. Next I thought 'hey, before you leave, what's your name?'. He told me Joe Brady. I laughed and thought 'funny, you're just giving me a generic name, that's fine you don't have to tell me.' He turned, I felt him smile, turn back, and continued walking away. It was almost like we were joking with each other. The last thing I thought was 'okay Joe Brady, whatever you say' and then he disappeared - not like a ghost fading, more like he just wasn't in my consciousness anymore.
So, like a day or two later I figured why not and googled Joe Brady. Turns out there were at least 2 Joe Brady's. For some reason (maybe cause he was the first I found, or cause we share the same last 2 initials) I was drawn to Joseph Clinton Brady, who died Dec. 13, 1965. While reading his info, the most interesting thing I found was he died at 33 years old; and currently I'm 33 years old.
This might be one giant coincidence, especially with the common name, but I like to think I really did make contact with this person. Here is the link to his info if anyone is interested:
http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BradyJC01a.htm

Anybody else have similar things happen to them? I'd like to hear your stories.

vipassana

I have not had anything like that happen to me, but your story reminds me of what Robert Monroe called his EXCOM, or executive committee. Basically, your higher self is made up of many different incarnations, or life experiences. Each incarnation remains a separate entity, but at the same time, they are all you. I know, it's hard to wrap your mind around that concept. Your higher self consists of your current incarnation (AKA Farther), Joseph C Brady, and probably many, many more. All separate, but one. So yeah, you very well may have been that man. In fact, I would be surprised if you were not Joseph C Brady. We'll probably never find out for sure while on Earth, but who knows? Cool story.

Xanth

And to take that one step further... all of those "other lives", as per Franks finding, are happening simultaneously.  :)

Farther

That is really cool. The idea that I might be Joe C Brady kind of messes with how I perceive my "identity" a little bit but I'll have to look into what Frank was talking about. Does anybody have the link to that post? Or what should I search for, other than just Frank. Thanks

Xanth

Quote from: Farther on April 14, 2010, 07:58:48
That is really cool. The idea that I might be Joe C Brady kind of messes with how I perceive my "identity" a little bit but I'll have to look into what Frank was talking about. Does anybody have the link to that post? Or what should I search for, other than just Frank. Thanks
Do a search for Franks posts... and search for "Reincarnation".

You don't need to worry though... as *you* are *you*.
These "other lives" of ours are simply other focuses.  In other words, they're other *yous*, but not you, living their own lives in this physical dimension or another physical dimension alongside this one.

... or so as I understand it.  :)

mon9999

Did you have a sense of connection with this spirit at the moment you met him? like something about him connects to you? chances are, he is another aspect of your soul

Farther

The only connection I had with him was I knew it was the person I was looking for when I met him. Do you think all of the 'us's' influence each other? I find myself interested in things from the time period of when Joe died. Could that maybe be his influence on my life?

vipassana

Quote from: Farther on April 14, 2010, 16:09:25
The only connection I had with him was I knew it was the person I was looking for when I met him. Do you think all of the 'us's' influence each other? I find myself interested in things from the time period of when Joe died. Could that maybe be his influence on my life?
Yes. All of the "you's" are influencing your life. When Joe died, he may have had some unresolved issues. He may be trying to resolve those through you now. The fact that you are aware of this now may lead you down the path of resolving those issues for him. I would love to have an experience like you did. Read Robert Monroe's Ultimate Journey and as Xanth said, the posts about and from Frank Kepple on this forum. And go with what your gut tells you. Intuition is a great thing.