International Academy of Consciousness (IAC).

Previous topic - Next topic

bproulx12

Hello everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has any information on these guys? They offer a online Consciousness Development Program.

Stillwater

Lol... how much does it cost to develop consciousness?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Astralsuzy

I did the course years ago.  Back then it was not on line.  It cost a lot of money.  I think it is about $550 or more.  At the time I am glad I did the course.  It was fun.  I would not go on it now.  I realise it does not help you to ap.  You can get all the information here on this forum on how to ap. 

Xanth

If you want to develop your consciousness, I'll tell you the secret to fast track yourself FOR FREE!

... be kind to everyone and everything you meet.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Xanth on July 19, 2013, 19:19:14
If you want to develop your consciousness, I'll tell you the secret to fast track yourself FOR FREE!

... be kind to everyone and everything you meet.

That's a bargain, and it's so simple, just don't punch the milk man! Why didn't I ever do this before?

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on July 19, 2013, 19:55:10
That's a bargain, and it's so simple, just don't punch the milk man! Why didn't I ever do this before?
You were probably too busy punching the milkman!  :)

Achak

Shared an office with these people in NYC for my internship. They're nice but like everyone else said, I wouldn't pay for it.
The head of the IAC office there (His name is Gabe) was really cool. Talked a lot though, couldn't get a word in haha.
They have some free resources, but most of the information they give you you can find on your own, it just might take a little more effort.

Good Luck!

bproulx12

Well, I just wanted to see if anyone had any other information, seems they have a lot of different "tools" which I do not need. ANd yes I can find this information on the net. Once I jumped on Tom Campbells MBT I look at a lot of things differently. And yes other than cheating with Hemi-Sync I have yet to get out there, so I am learning to meditate. Try to focus my attention on point consciousness with out any thought. Findign it touch as I click out a lot.

desert-rat

There are thoes groups that will charge you a whole bunch for the same thing you can get for a few bucks , or for free .

Lionheart

Bproulx12, even Tom says "tools" are Ok. He just doesn't think people need to become totally dependent upon them.

I am amazed how someone brings up the Laxman or some other "tool" on this Forum or others, just to have other people, even ones that say can't have APs, attack that like it is some kind of weakness or something.

Who cares how you get there, as long as you do.

...and there is nothing wrong with briefly "clicking out", as long you can "click back in".

I use tools quite a bit. I feel they keep this practice new and interesting.

It's good having many routes to achieve the same goal. Whether it's needed or not, who cares!  :wink:

Lionheart

Quote from: desert-rat on July 22, 2013, 22:17:51
There are thoes groups that will charge you a whole bunch for the same thing you can get for a few bucks , or for free .
Many of the techniques we have here have been "borrowed" from someone else that had success with them. At one time there was a price for that knowledge, whether it was buying a book, video or taking a Seminar.

So, just keep this in mind when you keep harping about all the "free' stuff!  :wink:

I paid for a AP program and it taught me things that were helpful. Most of the people that complain about Pay programs, have never tried one themselves.

Unless of course you mean College or University. I'm sure you could find much of the info that is taught in those institutions today, online for free as well.  :-)

Szaxx

You could start a topic on here asking for details of what you are interested in. It may become a hot topic and educational for all interested.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

desert-rat

I found there web page , they state there non profit , if so I may of mis judged them ,  I stand corrected .  http://www.iacworld.org/   https://www.iacworld.us/   

Stillwater

A company can be non-profit but exorbitantly over-"compensate" its employees or officials.

I don't know these guys particularly so I can't pass the final word on them, but I may know their type.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

desert-rat

Astralsuzy

All their courses are very expensive.  One of their courses was about moving your energy up and down and in different directions.  It was for three hours and it cost $60.  It was interesting  but not worth it.  I would rather have my money than going on the course. 

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.