Is Astral Projection just a form of lucid dreaming?

Previous topic - Next topic

Crocodilian123

I've been thinking about this for a while. Does your soul really leave your body or are you just having a lucid dream? Share your thoughts on this.

Xanth

Quote from: Crocodilian123 on September 01, 2015, 22:48:58
I've been thinking about this for a while. Does your soul really leave your body or are you just having a lucid dream? Share your thoughts on this.
Let's take this from a different angle and see if YOU can provide an answer...

There are THREE very important questions that need to be asked.

1.  What is "dreaming"?
2.  What is "lucid dreaming"?
3.  What is "astral projection"?

I've been studying this stuff for a while now... at one point, I focused almost exclusively on the first question in order to answer the second and third question.  So began my journey to figure out what we humans (aka: science) knows about "dreaming". 

What is Dreaming?  I very quickly hit a roadblock when researching this question.  What did I learn?  I learned that humanity, LITERALLY, has absolutely no idea what "dreaming" is.  We haven't a clue.  We have scientists who have provided educated guesses, but not a single human lives today or has ever lived who has been able to answer that question.

So... that kills question #1. 

Question #2 and #3 are kind of unanswerable because we don't know the answer to question #1.

So when you ask "is astral projection just a form of lucid dreaming?", do you realize what you're REALLY asking here? 
You're asking "is some random label of something we have absolutely no idea about, just a form of another random label of something we have absolutely no idea about?"

Funny, eh?

Now, I *can* answer #1, #2, AND #3.  However, I can only answer it from my own personal experience of the non-physical... I'm not saying the answer is right, but I am saying that it comes from my own personal experience.  I wrote the following article a few years ago to better explain: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/07/22/labeling-experiences-of-the-non-physical/

Let me know if you have any questions.  :)

Crocodilian123

Interesting. I guess we don't have a definition of "dreaming". My question doesn't mean anything I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Szaxx

Quote from: Crocodilian123 on September 06, 2015, 20:00:31
Interesting. I guess we don't have a definition of "dreaming". My question doesn't mean anything I guess. Thanks for the reply.

It may as you asked about the soul. If the soul that you are referring to is the concious self only and not the body you're in whilst physical then yes. However the soul taken in a religious context has extensions on this which pose another question of what did you actually mean by soul?

Tricky isn't it?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

FuzzyQuills

To answer you question somewhat, I think they're two different things, mainly because in an etheric/RTZ type OBE exit, you can actually see most of the physical world in real time, with some fluctuations present. (A sharp focus means no fluctuations at all, from what I have heard) Lucid Dreaming, on the other hand, is a sort of "test room" generated by your mind that is manipulatable. (Normal dreaming's the same, except that your unconscious and have no control over the environment around you)

Quote from: Szaxx on September 06, 2015, 20:09:41
It may as you asked about the soul. If the soul that you are referring to is the concious self only and not the body you're in whilst physical then yes. However the soul taken in a religious context has extensions on this which pose another question of what did you actually mean by soul?

Tricky isn't it?
The soul IMO is an energy form that is either free to roam or is bound to something, in our case, a physical body.

From what I have read, I find that AP simply is a large part of that form exiting the body and focusing it's attention elsewhere, since souls by general definition are 4D and exist everywhere and nowhere at once.
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.