Is It Possible To Project With The Eyes Open?

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob29

Hello:

I've been playing with various energy raising techniques.  I look directly at myself in the mirror and I see what looks like a green aura over me.  It is like I go into a trance state and I see my face change into like a ghost shape and I start to feel what seems like goose bumps or electricity flowing through my body.

NOW...do I find the face changing disturbing...yes :-o  However, the electricity feeling is familiar, almost when I projected before and this all happened with my eyes open.  I feel as though I have better concentration and focus with my eyes open then I do when they are shut.  Would it be possible to astral project with the eyes open?

Thanks!

Xanth

Unless you can fall asleep with your eyes open like a Fish...
I'd highly doubt it.  :)

David Warner

yes you can project with your eyes open... many people who have done this they go into a deep trance state and can make that shift.

i have done it on occassion BUT during the OBE my eyes would open and then close. how do I know this? because i have video taped myself and seen it first hand...

tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

TNAstral

Yes that's how I do it all the time. It's easier for me that way-if my eyes are closed I'm more inclined to fall asleep instead of astral projecting.

CFTraveler

Some people do it with special eye coverings- I believe it's called the Ganzfeld effect- I'm sure if you search it you'll find something about it.

SkepticBoy

Tell me more of this method of doing it with your eyes open please. All of the techniques i've read about to induce an OBE have all been with eyes closed. Can anyone give me brief directions on how to have an OBE whilst having eyes open please. Is it like following on from the point where if you gaze at something for a long time without blinking, you begin to see things swirl such as light and viewing clarity....its sort of a trance. Is it from this point you go for an OBE? pls tell me how it works with eyes open thx.

CFTraveler

The same way you do it with the eyes closed, when you're phasing.  Here's a link: http://tumblr.austinkleon.com/post/70095056/the-ganzfield-procedure-and-other-ways-to-induce

kurtykurt42

Maybe you could use duct tape to hold your eyelids open. Although, i don't think you would be able to blink so that's probably not a good idea... Anyways i think your eyes need to be closed in order to induce theta brainwaves.

Rob29

After checking some websites on the Ganzfeld technique - thank you for the tip by the way - I came across some articles relating to astral projecting in front of a mirror.  They say trying to project in front of a mirror "shakes" the astral bodyl to the point where you can separate, almost like you have your eyes closed.

It sounds very interesting to play with however!

Xanth

SkepticBoy

Quote from: CFTraveler on July 26, 2009, 16:53:22
The same way you do it with the eyes closed, when you're phasing.  Here's a link: http://tumblr.austinkleon.com/post/70095056/the-ganzfield-procedure-and-other-ways-to-induce

K I saw the link how can you project from that once your viewing hallucinations?! and why do you need the radio to be playing static.

CFTraveler

Quote from: SkepticBoy on July 28, 2009, 17:27:13
K I saw the link how can you project from that once your viewing hallucinations?!
The same way as when you're phasing.  I believe Gandalf has posted a tutorial on how to do it.
Quoteand why do you need the radio to be playing static.
Why make it play static?  Because it's a sensory deprivation thing, and some people can't handle earplugs. IIRC, the Ganzfeld method is about creating sensory deprivation to achieve an altered state.

SkepticBoy

Quote from: CFTraveler on July 28, 2009, 20:59:25
The same way as when you're phasing.  I believe Gandalf has posted a tutorial on how to do it.Why make it play static?  Because it's a sensory deprivation thing, and some people can't handle earplugs. IIRC, the Ganzfeld method is about creating sensory deprivation to achieve an altered state.

And this altered state would be Theta. Correct?

CFTraveler

Either Theta or Delta.  Depends on the person, I think.

SkepticBoy

Anyone else tried this technique to induce an OBE? if you ask me it seems this is a totally different exercize from attempting OBE. Is not the gantzfield just a technique to see how the mind responds under isolation beit with hallucinations and such? one would NOT find themselves out of their physical body looking at themselves using this technique would they not?

How would you OBE from this once your deep in the hallucinations in Theta? please give me a specific but brief guide if you can.

Anyone there used this to OBE and suceeded? have you Traveller?

CFTraveler

Quote from: SkepticBoy on July 29, 2009, 22:19:16
Anyone else tried this technique to induce an OBE?
I think TVOS did, IIRC.  I heard of the exercise by reading posts from people from here that were trying it.  The poster asked if there is a technique, I remembered this one and posted the answer.  Is there a point to your repeated questions?
Quoteif you ask me it seems this is a totally different exercize from attempting OBE. Is not the gantzfield just a technique to see how the mind responds under isolation beit with hallucinations and such? one would NOT find themselves out of their physical body looking at themselves using this technique would they not?
*sigh*  Many people who do sensory deprivation exercises find themselves out-of body, I'm pretty sure that when the mind finds itself without a spatial point of reference, it creates one.

QuoteHow would you OBE from this once your deep in the hallucinations in Theta? please give me a specific but brief guide if you can.
I already did.  It's called  'phasing', which is merging into a vision screen, which results after stabilizing your hypnagogics.

QuoteAnyone there used this to OBE and suceeded? have you Traveller?
No, because I don't phase a whole lot.  I usually have RTZ OBEs, with the occasional phasing episode.  But when I try visual projecting I tend to Remote View instead of phasing.  So I see no point in trying that.

ps. If you have further objections to what you read in the links, please direct them to the original writers of the links, not to me.  Thanks.

SkepticBoy

K how does one commonly get static radio pls lol.

SkepticBoy