Is it really possible to shift consciousness at any time?

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsZM

Hey everybody... merry Christmas!!!

I was curious if meditation during watching tv is a good practice.

I am trying to learn to meditate even in public. I just kinda close my eyes and focus on the blackness in front of me and trance out periodically throughout the day. Even while sitting at the computer I will play some games and then after a match is over I close my eyes for 30 mins in my computer chair and trance out... then at night I have time with no electronics around me. Sometimes some peaceful music in my recliner but that's it.

Basically I'm trying to be able to meditate even at a grocery store. I heard tom Campbell talk about meditating doing the dishes etc. I saw a great video of him on meditation and how to apply it to everyday life. So I guess what I'm doing is good!

My main question was is it possible to have an one or (shift consciousness) in public while walking? Or while watching tv at home? And you can learn to just pop in and out? When someone gets really good at this practice is that when realities start to blend? By that I mean perceiving this reality and other ones at once... seeing other beings walking around etc.... I assume as one gets good at meditation and god, source, whatever sees that it starts to just kinda all blend.... is that true? It seems so amazing that someone could get to that point.... it would be like your entire life would change. Not saying it's a bad thing! Just wondering if I got this right....
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

Volgerle

Any activity that is 'monotonous' can be used. You just need moments when you do not use your analytical ego mind in beta-waves mode.

So yes, washing dishes or walking/jogging can be used too. Some long distance runners report trance or even OBE states while on the track for a longer while. Buddhist Monks do walking meditations.

Nameless

As Volgerle states, absolutely. Many people do this without even knowing this is what they are doing. Quite often you will hear it termed very differently and usually as regards children but honestly it is the same thing. Ready for that term... hear it is,   

Daydreaming.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on December 26, 2019, 16:51:10
As Volgerle states, absolutely. Many people do this without even knowing this is what they are doing. Quite often you will hear it termed very differently and usually as regards children but honestly it is the same thing. Ready for that term... hear it is,  

Daydreaming.
Hence the term "in the zone". Many athletes have reported conscious OBEs while 100% focused on their chosen sport. Their physical senses/ focus suddenly become a afterthought and they are just "there"!

Do you ever notice when watching a good movie or TV show that your body is beginning to tingle and possibly dislocate a tad? This is caused by being deeply focused on something outside of physical self, aka Phasing.

The more you engage in this practice in general, meditation/Phasing/OBEs, the more you become aware of everything in and around you.!

But walking in a "Daydream" or not being conscious of your surroundings has it's negatives as well. As seen in the number of people that fall off cliffs, walk into cars/traffic, etc. while totally focused on their cellphones. That seems to be happening more and more these days!  :-o :roll: There are many times and situations that being in the "here and now" is must!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugooaNRnsk
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Quote from: Lumaza on December 26, 2019, 17:20:53
But walking in a "Daydream" or not being conscious of your surroundings has it's negatives as well. As seen in the number of people that fall off cliffs, walk into cars/traffic, etc. while totally focused on their cellphones. That seems to be happening more and more these days!  :-o :roll: There are many times and situations that being in the "here and now" is must!
Sorry, had to LMAO! :-D
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

MarsZM

Quote from: Nameless on December 27, 2019, 00:31:49
Sorry, had to LMAO! :-D

I saw an article once... I am not sure if it was true but it said somewhere in Europe they are installing traffic lights on the ground because people were looking at the ground on their phones while walking and doing it straight into traffic lol. lots of people were dying i guess because of that so the city installed them in the ground! i forgot where... i think Germany but that's a big guess.

Edit. My memory is good! i just found this on google.

The southern German city of Augsburg has installed traffic lights on the pavement so that pedestrians looking down at a smartphone won't miss the indication that it's unsafe to cross.Apr 26, 2016

hahahaha right when Lumaza said that my mind went right to that...!

Nameless

OMG, what next. Makes me think of 'Survival of the fittest..' Some people just aren't fit to survive.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on December 27, 2019, 03:39:14
OMG, what next. Makes me think of 'Survival of the fittest..' Some people just aren't fit to survive.
I think they also call that "recipients of the Darwinian Award"!  :-D

https://imgflip.com/i/2scl8p
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Volgerle

Quote from: MarsZM on December 27, 2019, 03:05:43
I saw an article once... I am not sure if it was true but it said somewhere in Europe they are installing traffic lights on the ground because people were looking at the ground on their phones while walking and doing it straight into traffic lol. lots of people were dying i guess because of that so the city installed them in the ground! i forgot where... i think Germany but that's a big guess.

Edit. My memory is good! i just found this on google.

The southern German city of Augsburg has installed traffic lights on the pavement so that pedestrians looking down at a smartphone won't miss the indication that it's unsafe to cross.Apr 26, 2016

hahahaha right when Lumaza said that my mind went right to that...!

Yeah, I read that too a while ago. It is terrible. I am also a commuter and have the habit to sometimes (just for fun ...) how many of my co-travellers on the train are 'busy' staring down on their smartphone. It does not look good. Even many of the older ones do it now, it is not only the youth as we would expect anyway. (Often my count is about 80% to 90% as a very clear win for the smombies*).

*smombie = smartphone zombie  :-D

Lumaza

QuoteI am also a commuter and have the habit to sometimes (just for fun ...) how many of my co-travellers on the train are 'busy' staring down on their smartphone. It does not look good. Even many of the older ones do it now, it is not only the youth as we would expect anyway. (Often my count is about 80% to 90% as a very clear win for the smombies*).
[/quote]
https://giphy.com/gifs/McIpfwWvrW6JFFrsJF/html5

MarsZM

It's makes sense because I remember I was watching NHL hockey one time on TV in my room nice as relaxed and I was focused on the game... but all of a sudden in my third eye or minds eye... whatever I saw a snake hissing at me lol. My eyes were open too so this happened while I was even watching the Tv. I always thought your eyes has to be closed to get visions etc.... guess not :p

DarknChildlike

When I am active and walking down a deserted road while simultaneously focused on my third eye and very much relaxed I like to close my eyes and try to either sense my surroundings or see through eyelids,. But I would t recommend anyone do that sure fire way to hurt yourself. 

I thought everyone did things like that and tested and played with meditations and imagination / mind over matter until I brought this very thing up to my partner who told me no I have never done that? Do you? And I got pretty quiet for a moment. I have this problem where I beleive everyone is just as pure hearted and curious as I am and am blown away when my expectations are totally off the mark. I always give everyone benefit of the doubt always stick up for the presumed guilty and then when proven guilty, forgive and give them a way out by announcing I can understand if I was met with the same particular life that I would maybe do the same things and feel bad they never learned better to treat others the way they want to be treated but honestly think everyone can change and be full of good intentions. Even though I've been wronged a lot in life you would think I would learn!

Lumaza

Quote from: DarknChildlike on December 30, 2019, 21:34:49
When I am active and walking down a deserted road while simultaneously focused on my third eye and very much relaxed I like to close my eyes and try to either sense my surroundings or see through eyelids,. But I would t recommend anyone do that sure fire way to hurt yourself.
I do that too. But I do it from my chair by my window, instead of while walking. I reach out my "etheric arms" to a tree that is about 100ft away from our home. Once I feel "there", I slowly begin to open up my peripheral vision/awareness and see what else is "there". This normally leads to some unique, but brief experiences.

I thought everyone did things like that and tested and played with meditations and imagination / mind over matter until I brought this very thing up to my partner who told me no I have never done that? Do you? And I got pretty quiet for a moment. I have this problem where I beleive everyone is just as pure hearted and curious as I am and am blown away when my expectations are totally off the mark. I always give everyone benefit of the doubt always stick up for the presumed guilty and then when proven guilty, forgive and give them a way out by announcing I can understand if I was met with the same particular life that I would maybe do the same things and feel bad they never learned better to treat others the way they want to be treated but honestly think everyone can change and be full of good intentions. Even though I've been wronged a lot in life you would think I would learn!
Join the club, lol. I'm sure each one of us can say the same thing here. We definitely find ourselves "alienated" from the rest of the singular physically focused populace.
Growing up I thought many of the things I observed and experienced were natural to all. I learned that that assumption was incorrect though. Everyone "could" if they allowed themselves to, but there isn't many that apply their natural skills and abilities.