Is this a dream, RTZ or astral?

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSlider

Hey all...quick question here

So for the past six months or so I have noticed taht when I take naps I will fairly commonly have lucid dreams, non-lucid intense dreams, or I will project. I most often will fall asleep then "wake up" about to leave my body or else already in my room. It seems like I actually have already left my body though, because I normally just float away.

In order to undrstand my question I will explain what just happened to me. I just got up from a nap and I had an experience. I "woke up" in my room, though "whoa cool!" and floated around, looked at things. As I looked around it seemed kind of hard for me to look and things weren't looking right. I also had a somewhat hard time moving at times. As my lucidity decreased, I think I went through some walls and into other rooms in the house. All those things seem to be common in my experineces: "wake up" outside of body, things seem not real, have a hard time moving, etc. Oh yeah and when this happens, I usually "project" several times in a row, e.g. "wake up," lose lucidity then "fall asleep" or whatever, then either wake up for real or "wake up" again, etc. I usually have about...3, i think, on average.

I have come to the conclusion this is probably an astral realm, but there's also the lingering question of it being a lucid dream, which then gets us into the "is dreaming astral projection?" debate.

SO! lol what I am wondering is what exactly is happening, what "realm" am I in and how can I make the most of these experiences? Thank you so much!

brad

Nay

It sounds like RTZ to me.  You just keep bouncing back and forth... that is what makes the rtz a real pain.. it can falter and it is very hard to keep that "focus" going.   

SilverSlider

Thanks Nay

How can the RTZ be so different though?

I had one of my best projections last winter and it was (I think) full on RTZ, except there were things *everywhere* in my room, that actually weren't there in waking life. I assumed I was seeing the past/present/future of the room, as I also saw a baby sitting on the floor.

So onto my other questions...what can I do from here? I usually just stumble around my room until I loose lucidity. I sometimes am lucid enough to try and make demands but I often loose lucidity before anything else happens. In this experience I tried to contact my guides (like usual) but I don't remember having contact with them.

How can I increase my lucidity once lucid? or prevent loosing lucidity...but I guess I never notice slipping out.

One thing that I thought was interesting was that when this was happening I decided to test it to see if it was the dream state. I've read that in lucid dreams you can basically create what you want so I tried to "summon" a woman. Nothing happened, I fell back and either woke up or lost lucidity, I guess proving that it wasn't a dream. After this is when i tried to contact my guides.

Thanks much

Nay

Oh man, can I relate to your woes. :)   Shoot through the ceiling or through a window.  FOR ME... if I shoot through the ceiling I go through a dark void first.  Now depending on wether or not I have a location in mind I will find myself there...usually if I have no location I just find myself in some random place.  When I go through the window I don't find the dark void..I just end up in some random location. *shrugs*  The astral is as personal as a fingerprint, IMO. So, just keep trying different things..but for goodness sakes try them.  :-)

I've only asked to see my guide(s) once and ended up speaking with a little girl of five or six who said she was waiting to be born.  Wild thing about that experience is when I described the house I was in, I ended up describing my girlfriend's house that I had not even seen yet...nor had she...lol.. her fiance lived there and she had not moved there yet.   I was just thankful it wasn't a child waiting to be born to me.....I'm comfortable with how many kids I have now.  :-D

Good luck!

SilverSlider

Hmm thanks nay. I'll definitely have to try and keep a destination in mind. I normally think first I need to get out of my house then I'll decide where to go.

Anyone else? I would really appreciate some input on this because I have been struggling with these types of experiences for a while and I don't know how to improve upon them.

knightlight

Just for your info, the RTZ is not even close to a mirror copy of reality.  Things will be different, sometimes very different. 
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

BOATS

I have discovered that if I can get some deep breaths while attempting to seperate I can get into the RTZ with clarity.  That is if my focus even reminds me to get the deep breaths.  If I get out I first try to be away from my body and outside the house.  Like TalaNay says is true for me also that if I attempt to go through the roof I always fail and return to body. I tried two days ago while out the OBE command "Now I go to the next level", however I simply faltered and and awoke in body.  If you ever seen the movie Gladiator where he dies in the end and pushes the gate open to enter the Astral.  I have had my best Astral projections creating a door and then going through.  The door seems to push me away from my subjective creation environment and a more objective environment.  Good luck.

Selski

Quote from: BOATS on October 15, 2006, 03:06:46
I have had my best Astral projections creating a door and then going through.  The door seems to push me away from my subjective creation environment and a more objective environment. 

I'll second that.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

SilverSlider

Deep breaths eh? Hmm I will definitely try that. I just feel so out of focus when I'm having these experiences. So when you guys create a portal or door or whatever how exactly do you go about it? Do you just look at a window or something and think that you will go to place x when you go through it? Or do you close your eyes and create a portal then open your eyes and go through? Or something different?

Thanks much...I would be *so* happy if I got through this, because this is my only link to the astral, really. I've had two high quality projections in the past two years, so if I can exploit these weak short experiences, I'd be in the money!

Selski

Hi SilverSlider

I use my imagination to create a door - and no sooner have I imagined it than it is there in front of me.  Then as I open the door I place intent to be in the "astral" world rather than the "dream" world (although I'm not sure if they are separate).  I sometimes place intent to visit someone.  The intent seems to be important to me.  If I simply wander through a door I've created I either end up somewhere unfamiliar and get confused, or forget my aim and thereupon lose the experience.

I've had some success with locating another member from AP by imagining their avatar on the door whilst walking through and placing intent to meet them on the other side.  We had a nice time walking and talking together - however the particular member didn't remember a damn thing!  :-P

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.