how can you stop thinking about your body?

Previous topic - Next topic

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

I was in a class yesterday and trying out the rope method. 

Everytime I was lifting out of my body, I felt my bones crackling, muscles twitching and my head wobbling.  So obviously I came back to my body, every single time!  My teacher said that it could be my astral body rather than physical, but my mind thinks it's my physical body so I come back to it.  She said it's a natural mechanism to come back to your body when you think of it.

So how can I stop thinking about my body, even when it feels like it's twitching and wobbling.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Venus
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

slipknot0129

i think the more you feel your astral body the less you think about your body.

Vibra

You talk about your teacher? How lucky are you to have a teacher! Do you know if this is common to have teachers available?
I live in the Northeastern part of the US and would be very interested to locate a teacher in my area.  What part of the world/country do you live in.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Hey Vibra

Yes I just finished all 4 modules of consciousness development course at International Academy of Consciousness in London England.  They have several sites in the US too, so you might want to check them out.  Visit www.iacworld.org

I would highly recommend them as they are genuinely determined to progress in this field - involve as many people as possible, and do serious research on the astral plane.  The founder, Dr Waldo Viera has written lots of books as well - all on the website.  Personally, this course has changed me forever and am ever grateful for the teachers' goodwill.  I wish everyone could do the courses!

best wishes
Venus
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

VagusEques

From what I've read, the solution may be to disassociate yourself from your body and become more at one with the universe before leaving to avoid your own personal discomfort (or whatever it is) from pulling you back.

Just a thought.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

slipknot0129

i got bugs itching in my head, im going to shave my head with a headblade sport to help with it because itching takes me back to square one.

mjm

Quote from: slipknot0129 on May 15, 2008, 22:27:41
i got bugs itching in my head, im going to shave my head with a headblade sport to help with it because itching takes me back to square one.

I haven't experienced the "bugs" in my head, but have felt them all over my skin, particularly on my face. Most noticably on my upper lip and just inside my nostrils. It's quite disturbing, actually. See the post below in Robert Bruce's forum... I posted it a few days ago. If anyone has any insight into this, or knows how to deal with it, let me know!!

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12018

-Michael

slipknot0129

Vibra

I get that feeling al the time. I usually ignore it and it goes away fairly quickly. I agree sometimes it can get intense if you allow it to

CFTraveler

You don't have to stop thinking about your body.
There are way too many 'you should & you shouldn't' that come about from observing side effects, and the idea that you have to do something to get something is one that will give you stress and get in the way of your projection.
In OBE (or etheric projection) practice, energy work is encouraged because you learn to be aware of your energy body, so body awareness is not a bad thing, and will have to be addressed because if in the future you start projecting a lot you will have to deal with bilocation and that's sensory overload if you're telling yourself that you 'can't' feel something or other.
Also, the idea that you shouldn't think of your body comes from the experience of being pulled back into it after you separate- after all it is a method of getting back to it.  But that is after you're separated.
But in practice to get out, body awareness is something that will be there while you're 'connected.'
Usually, when trance begins to take hold and your five senses are replaced by the astral senses (or you change focus, for all you purists out there getting ready to correct me)  you will lose body awareness as a side effect of your body going to sleep, turning 'off'.  But that is not the same as saying that you can't think about your body.
I hope this cleared something up. 

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Thank you everyone!  I'm grateful for all your replies.

:-)