Keep falling asleep.

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMike

I haven't done APing for about a week, and I tried to do it now but when ever I try I end up falling asleep. I'm not tired I just randomly fall asleep during my sessions.

Lionheart

Try doing some kind of energy work first. Especially Kundalini, it boosts your energy quite a bit. At least your alertness.

light487

Try doing it in another spot than you usually do. If you normally do it in bed, try doing it on the couch; or lay a soft blanket or camping mattress on the floor and do it there.. change it up a bit maybe..

astraladdict

During the day is a good time, you could use the falling asleep as an advantage. When attempting to project, try dozing off for a little bit. Keep bringing yourself back though. It'll help your body "fall asleep" and if you're an impatient person it'll speed up your perception of the time passing by.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

daytona955

I have this problem too, especially at night. The best time for me is in the morning after I have already slept. If you get chance to have a lazy morning in bed, try then. Sometimes I'll snooze for a while but I'll wake up every now and then and try again. I've had my best experiences this way.

Xanth

Quote from: SirMike on September 27, 2011, 22:28:22
I haven't done APing for about a week, and I tried to do it now but when ever I try I end up falling asleep. I'm not tired I just randomly fall asleep during my sessions.
Two things...

If you're falling asleep then at some point during your practices you're losing focus... and it only takes a split second of losing focus to risk falling asleep.
And secondly... if you're still having issues falling asleep, then practice somewhere where you're either sitting up, or somewhere you don't equate sleep with.  :)

light487

Another thing you could do is set a firm intention to wake up if you lose consciousness.. like:

"I WILL REMEMBER TO WAKE UP IF I LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS"

I like the "I will remember..." phrase because it's like creating a reminder to get to an appointment or remember someone's birthday or remembering to buy the milk on the way home etc. Rather than just stating "I will wake up if I lose consciousness".. try "I will remember to wake up if I lose consciousness". Try to attach the same emotional quality to the intent that you would with any of the above examples of remembering something.. make it important.

SirMike

I'm going to try my sessions in a chair, I'll try and see if that helps, and some energy work. Thanks guys  :-D