Legs and arms feeling heavy

Previous topic - Next topic

Claw

Your sig is cool!  [8D]

You're a bit more experienced than I, but I'm starting to feel vibes by just laying down lately... I sure hope I can OBE soon.  I've tried and practiced over 6 times.

That's cool, though.. I sort of had the sinking feeling, but not enough for me to think about it much.

Jeff_Mash

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

jc84corvette

Sorry Jeff but that doesn't answer my questions. [|)]

Michael_E

quote:
Originally posted by jc84corvette

I then started to feel my arms and body get HEAVY. Next it felt like my arms and body were falling in my bed! I told my self this was happening and I fell deeper. :-D

So this is where your input is needed. I get these feelings many times and its almost second nature to me. But why do my body parts feel heavy and then sink into my bed? Am I closer to OBE/AP? What is left to do?

Hi jc,
the heaviness and sinking are very good signs that you are getting close to having a conscious obe. What you can try to do which has worked for me quite a few times is to go with the sinking feeling completely. I found that sometimes the sinking feeling can make one feel a bit uneasy and because of that we set up a limit on how much we let ourselves go with it. For me the limit is not in the form of a conscious thought like: "oh no im sinking i better hold back" but more like the feeling/intent behind those words that acts as a boundry.

If you can just go completely with the sinking feeling it can automatically start the exit and you can shoot out in a matter of seconds. I think the sinking sensation creates some kind of momentum, maybe like our consciousness sinks into the fabrique of space and space pushes back by shooting you out of body like a trampoline. and like a trampoline the further you go down into it the more push iy gives you back up.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

jc84corvette

So just focus on the sinking feeling? When I had them I told my self "Im sinking Im sinking". But after a wile it just stops but I still feel heavy.

Michael_E

quote:

So just focus on the sinking feeling? When I had them I told my self "Im sinking Im sinking". But after a wile it just stops but I still feel heavy.

i think its more than just focusing on it with your awareness. go with the sensations and feeling of falling and sinking, feel the sensations intensify, after intensifying to a certain degree which may vary from person to person your consciousness will reach a point where the exit process happens by itself. Described in words it feels like "a point of no return", you can fight it all you want with all your will but it will be very difficult to stop, the best thing is to just go along for the ride. One thing that i found is that if i start talking to myself during the sinking or vibrations using self-narrative meaning actually saying the words in my head, it brings me out of the state of awareness. Maybe saying something once  during the process is ok, but if you do it too much i think it might stop things from happening. perhaps try to project by accentuating feelings and sensations instead.

-Theodore Herzl

jc84corvette

[quote One thing that i found is that if i start talking to myself during the sinking or vibrations using self-narrative meaning actually saying the words in my head, it brings me out of the state of awareness. Maybe saying something once  during the process is ok, but if you do it too much i think it might stop things from happening. perhaps try to project by accentuating feelings and sensations instead.
[/quote]

Oh really? Thanks for the for-warning.

Michael_E

quote:

[quote One thing that i found is that if i start talking to myself during the sinking or vibrations using self-narrative meaning actually saying the words in my head, it brings me out of the state of awareness. Maybe saying something once  during the process is ok, but if you do it too much i think it might stop things from happening. perhaps try to project by accentuating feelings and sensations instead.

Oh really? Thanks for the for-warning.
[/quote]

anytime, let me know how it goes.

-Theodore Herzl

mattrox

yes, the sinkey feeling is very good.  feel like you are sinking more and more until you snap out of body.  just like some people feel like they are floating up they use the rope technique which is intensifying hte feeling already there.  that is what leads to the projection.

holy reality

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_E

quote:

i think its more than just focusing on it with your awareness. go with the sensations and feeling of falling and sinking, feel the sensations intensify, after intensifying to a certain degree which may vary from person to person your consciousness will reach a point where the exit process happens by itself. Described in words it feels like "a point of no return", you can fight it all you want with all your will but it will be very difficult to stop, the best thing is to just go along for the ride. One thing that i found is that if i start talking to myself during the sinking or vibrations using self-narrative meaning actually saying the words in my head, it brings me out of the state of awareness. Maybe saying something once  during the process is ok, but if you do it too much i think it might stop things from happening. perhaps try to project by accentuating feelings and sensations instead.

same here, but the problem is in order to hit the state where i would project I need to repeat a mantra, now after a while I don't pay attention to the mantra at all and my thoughts go chaotic as I enter the hypnagogic state and passively listen to them, but only a few seconds go by and all of a sudden my consciousness abruptly goes back to normal and I get this falling feeling and a bright white flash (usually) and vibrations for like a fraction of a second, then I'm just back to my normal mind saying the mantra.

so i need to figure out how to shut the mantra up while going hypnagogic, without letting it make me fall asleep.....? or how to get into that state easy without a mantra.

all i know is i can get myself in and out of the state easier than I used to be able to, but still once I'm in it it's like my head has been hijacked and I lose all focus and basic cognitive abilities.... i wish i could hit the hypnagogic state and stay conscious in it like I do at night sometimes.
!..............!

Michael_E

From what i know mantras act like a device to get the mind lulled into a state that is conductive to an oobe. If a mantra is getting you into that state which it sounds like to me that it is then it seems reasonable to keep using what is working. From my experience once you are in that state of changed awareness as a result of the mantra you can stop saying the mantra and start focusing on activating other sensations that can start a oobe if the mantra is distracting you from getting out.

quote:
One thing that i found is that if i start talking to myself during the sinking or vibrations using self-narrative meaning actually saying the words in my head, it brings me out of the state of awareness

the reason why i think this happens to me is that once i get to some strong sinking or vibrational stage a good bulk of consciousness is in or going into the astral copy and by saying something in my head it brings the consciousness back to the physical. athough when im at the point of no return i could be reciting the alphabet and the exit will still happen. but i havnt had much success reciting a mantra or repeating anything subvocally to get me out once the initial sinking or vibes come about. If anyhting i stop saying the mantra once the sinking and vibes come and focus on intensing the sensations, if the sesation die down for whatever reason i use one or two words or a phrase like "more" to help refocus my intent and will, but saying it anymore than once or twice to try to refocus or intensify brings me totally out of the "conductive to getting out" state of awareness.

-Theodore Herzl

jc84corvette

There I was, laying on my bed listening to Halosync, the 18 minuet demo. I paid little attention to the guys voice but to my feelings and the rain drops in the back ground. After 5 minuets, I got vibes that lasted 20 seconds.

I then started to feel my arms and body get HEAVY. Next it felt like my arms and body were falling in my bed! I told my self this was happening and I fell deeper. :-D

After that feeling stopped my legs started to get heavy with my arms and then the halosync demo stopped.

I sat up in bed and I tell you it felt very good! I felt full of energy and really relaxed! I felt relaxed through the whole thing.

So this is where your input is needed. I get these feelings many times and its almost second nature to me. But why do my body parts feel heavy and then sink into my bed? Am I closer to OBE/AP? What is left to do?

Thank you and don't let my sig (below) freak you out.[:D]