limitations

Previous topic - Next topic

blidge

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted but thought I'd ask a straight forward question.  What if any are the limitations in astral projection world? or is the answer simply there isn't? I'd like all your views as there are experiences that id like to have and not sure if it'd be possible.

Thanks
Perception is everything, because you think you see it, does it mean its true?

LightBeam

Of course there are limitations, but that depends entirely on the individual (beliefs, fears, expectations, overall state of mind, etc) For example individuals with destructive, negative thoughts can't go to worlds made of love, light and positivity. This is an energy law, there are no guardians or anything. Different energy types simply cannot coexist for long. Exceptions I think are controlled environments with set rules for learning purposes like our reality. But even here, I found that if I believe that no negative situations or people will come my way, they don't. After I changed my beliefs, my life has changed dramatically, and in the past few years, I have been experiencing only blissful events and people.

From AP experiences, yes, I have encountered limitations. There were times, when I wanted to meet actors I had crushes on LOL. That didn't happen haha, I don't know why. Besides the silliness though, I think everyone experiences limitations. Inability to get to places they want to go, inability to pass through walls, vision issues, awareness issues, etc, but I think many of these are related to the fact that we are still connected to physical vehicles. From what I've read on NDEs, I gather that many of these limitations are absent.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

blidge

Hi Lightbeam and thanks for the reply. Yeah you've a point when it comes to energy and attracting energy types that reflect what you are, this applies in this physical reality. i noticed the real change in my ife when i started meditation when i was a teenager. From then on my spiritual journey, health, the kind of people that Ive attracted is much improved.

But the main reason that i ask this question about limitations is what are the possibilities of looking and experiencing ones life, specifically events or certain traumatic times in the astral? kind of reliving it only made the more realistic because you are aware of what is happening but as a way to look at and act out a traumatic time but without fear. Is this possible? i know you cant change the event from happening like time travel which im of or change things but to relive and be able to kind of watch with new eyes.
your thoughts please..

Subtle Traveler

Quote from: blidge on February 11, 2017, 14:56:17
Hi Lightbeam and thanks for the reply. Yeah you've a point when it comes to energy and attracting energy types that reflect what you are, this applies in this physical reality. i noticed the real change in my ife when i started meditation when i was a teenager. From then on my spiritual journey, health, the kind of people that Ive attracted is much improved.

But the main reason that i ask this question about limitations is what are the possibilities of looking and experiencing ones life, specifically events or certain traumatic times in the astral? kind of reliving it only made the more realistic because you are aware of what is happening but as a way to look at and act out a traumatic time but without fear. Is this possible? i know you cant change the event from happening like time travel which im of or change things but to relive and be able to kind of watch with new eyes.
your thoughts please..

light beam has answered your question very well ... the only limitations are what you bring ... their are certainly rules in some environments but not necessarily limits (and there is a difference) ...

if you bring fear of the astral, this will be attracted to you ... if you bring joy and peace, you will attract this ... and if you bring limits, you can attract a similar limited environment ...

realize that you are currently interpreting the astral (with your own thoughts and question) from a biological, three-dimensional, physical perspective ... this immediately limits your experience ... do you see now how "you attract it" before you might even project to there?

finally, realize that you are using your biological brain (which does not project with you) to think about something that requires mind, soul and/or spirit (however you want to word that for yourself) ... you will have to let go of the biological brain's questions to prepare for travel ... and this begins to happen naturally as you detach from the five senses of your physical body (and the biological brain goes to sleep).

like Szaxx often holds forth, "see with your mind" ...

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

LightBeam

Quote from: blidge on February 11, 2017, 14:56:17

your thoughts please..

You can relive anything from your life in the astral. I have relived some dear memories from my childhood and it was so amazing experiencing these past events, but with my current knowledge. There is nothing like it. A lot more enjoyable, because you realize that nothing is ever lost. It's a matter of focus. There is no really past or future, you experience whatever and wherever you focus to in the now. But for negative events, I wouldn't suggest going back to them, unless you wish to extract some knowledge, or understand why did they happen. Whether you will have fear or not depends entirely on you.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

blidge

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on February 11, 2017, 16:41:43
light beam has answered your question very well ... the only limitations are what you bring ... their are certainly rules in some environments but not necessarily limits (and there is a difference) ...

if you bring fear of the astral, this will be attracted to you ... if you bring joy and peace, you will attract this ... and if you bring limits, you can attract a similar limited environment ...

realize that you are currently interpreting the astral (with your own thoughts and question) from a biological, three-dimensional, physical perspective ... this immediately limits your experience ... do you see now how "you attract it" before you might even project to there?

finally, realize that you are using your biological brain (which does not project with you) to think about something that requires mind, soul and/or spirit (however you want to word that for yourself) ... you will have to let go of the biological brain's questions to prepare for travel ... and this begins to happen naturally as you detach from the five senses of your physical body (and the biological brain goes to sleep).

like Szaxx often holds forth, "see with your mind" ...

thanks S.T. for the above as this really puts things into perspective. You create it before you realise is there, all your preconceived ideas limiting beliefs etc.

In waking life im laid back and have the belief what will be well be. Trying not to gauge with my physical beliefs which are only really useful in the physical reality, should I then in the astral just be laid back and wait for anything to happen with no ideas? or ask something like show me something I need to know so I can grow?

Subtle Traveler

It really does not matter whether it is astral or physical reality ... the same applies (what many refer to as "law of attraction") ... we create our own reality in both the physical and non-physical.

Remember, once out of body, the biological stuff generally disappears (but not thought) ... so learn to observe your thoughts in both the physical and non-physical.

Some (like William Buhlman and Jurgen Ziewe) hold forth that the deeper we travel into the non-physical, the environments become more thought responsive ... in that case, things happen faster. Even the RTZ is more thought responsive than physical reality from my own experience. We are essentially creating a second body to go there (e.g., try creating a second body here in the physical :-D)

However, if you do begin to experience things that you do NOT like (when travelling) ... then form a general plan for each trip and only do the activities in the plan and then end the trip ... this can reduce noise and build confidence (if needed). Having a sense of control is important (which is what you are doing by asking these questions for yourself).
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Nodecam

Quote from: LightBeam on February 11, 2017, 20:07:26You can relive anything from your life in the astral. I have relived some dear memories from my childhood and it was so amazing experiencing these past events, but with my current knowledge. There is nothing like it. A lot more enjoyable, because you realize that nothing is ever lost. It's a matter of focus. There is no really past or future, you experience whatever and wherever you focus to in the now. But for negative events, I wouldn't suggest going back to them, unless you wish to extract some knowledge, or understand why did they happen. Whether you will have fear or not depends entirely on you.
Hi LightBeam. How can one do this? How can you relive the past? Is it only a matter of intention, focused intent?

Nameless

Quote from: Nodecam on September 26, 2022, 11:07:52
Hi LightBeam. How can one do this? How can you relive the past? Is it only a matter of intention, focused intent?
I'm not LB but I'll share my opinion. Think of the past as an event rather something done and over. When you make your attempt start by thinking of the event you want to re-visit. As you do this keep this thought in the back of your mind, "Is this accurate".
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

I find this happens quite frequently in LDs. Many times I will find myself reliving my past. But when I do, I have the mindset and knowledge acquired, of my current life. That makes you see events that occurred in a completely different way. It's almost like opening your horizons to the "real" reason that said event occurred in the past.

It's a shame that you can't bring the new results of the event back with you. You can consciously, but you can't change the physical results. Those have to stay in that other dimension. You can bring peace of mind back with you though!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Quote from: Nodecam on September 26, 2022, 11:07:52

You answered your own question. It is a matter of intent. Everything in life is a matter of intent. In addition, imagine that the multiverse is a book. When you finish reading the first page and flip to the next, the first page becomes per your perception the past. But the first page still exists, it does not disappear the moment you flip to the next page. If you are to flip back to the first page, it will become your present. It's just a matter of focus what you will perceive as present. Now, as characters in the physical type of worlds this is not easily achievable for a reason, but through AP and intent you can. The thrill doing it that way is that you retain the accumulated knowledge and experience the "past" with a different point of view, far more exciting.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nodecam

Quote from: LightBeam on October 06, 2022, 07:49:37
You answered your own question. It is a matter of intent. Everything in life is a matter of intent. In addition, imagine that the multiverse is a book. When you finish reading the first page and flip to the next, the first page becomes per your perception the past. But the first page still exists, it does not disappear the moment you flip to the next page. If you are to flip back to the first page, it will become your present. It's just a matter of focus what you will perceive as present. Now, as characters in the physical type of worlds this is not easily achievable for a reason, but through AP and intent you can. The thrill doing it that way is that you retain the accumulated knowledge and experience the "past" with a different point of view, far more exciting.
Thanks for your responses LightBeam and others.

So if my lifespan is a 100 page book, I can through AP and intent go back to pages 30-40 or any pages I choose or intend to read/visit?

Would the Monroe Gateway Hemi-Sync tapes facilitate this? I have cassettes which I purchased in 1994 before the 3 letter agencies neutered them. Converting them to FLAC has been a nightmare as some break and can take up to 4 hours to fix.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nodecam on October 10, 2022, 11:02:25
Would the Monroe Gateway Hemi-Sync tapes facilitate this?
If I may enter an answer here Nodecam. Programming your Dreams through "intent" will also lead you "back" or "forward", if that's where you wish to go. Nightly intents are very powerful. It may not always work on the first attempt. You need to do them every night until you reach your goal. Start with a simple intent, while closing your eyes of stating something like "By my act of release my focus over my physical body. Please take me to my intended destination. "I am consciously aware in my sleep, knowing my physical body lies sleeping safe and sound in my bed. I learn from, enjoy and remember my experiences too". Repeating those words every night mentally or orally will really pay off for you in the end. I started using them years ago and today, I experience LDs almost on a nightly basis. I always visualize/see those words in bold letters as I mentally announce them. Don't just give it a try. "Do" it or "don't. Good luck!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from: Lumaza on October 10, 2022, 12:35:34
If I may enter an answer here Nodecam. Programming your Dreams through "intent" will also lead you "back" or "forward", if that's where you wish to go. Nightly intents are very powerful. It may not always work on the first attempt. You need to do them every night until you reach your goal. Start with a simple intent, while closing your eyes of stating something like "By my act of release my focus over my physical body. Please take me to my intended destination. "I am consciously aware in my sleep, knowing my physical body lies sleeping safe and sound in my bed. I learn from, enjoy and remember my experiences too". Repeating those words every night mentally or orally will really pay off for you in the end. I started using them years ago and today, I experience LDs almost on a nightly basis. I always visualize/see those words in bold letters as I mentally announce them. Don't just give it a try. "Do" it or "don't. Good luck!  :-)
Lumaza = always good, clear, generous advice :)
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Lumaza

Quote from: baro-san on October 27, 2022, 16:42:32
Lumaza = always good, clear, generous advice :)

Thank you my friend!  :-)

It's good to see you back. Hopefully you will stay for a while!

Perhaps we can re-entertain the "Self-Hypnosis" techniques as a viable way to reach non-local states of consciousness conversation again. I enjoyed those threads in the past. Maybe we can breathe some life back into this dying Forum here.  :| It's not just this Forum. It seems that all the Astral/LD, etc, related Forums are dying these days.