Losing focus on the Hypnagogic state?

Previous topic - Next topic

marwanin

Hello,

It looks like I can get to the Hypnagogic state easily (especially hearing voices, E.G. my girlfriend saying something. Or some coversations from work from work or just some random words..)

Once there, it doesn't matter how much I try to maintain my focus, I always end up:

- Sleeping.
- Or losing focus, and sleeping after sometime.

So i never reached the point where my Dream scene starts to build into my eyes, and found myself inside a dream.

So what do you think guys? what's the problem here, is it my focus that's not strong enough? or is it the hypnagogic state which is not deep enough?

and how can I solve that?

Note: Does the exercice (Staring at a point for a long period) can help increase my focus?

Thank you all.

Bluefirephoenix

Your focus is an issue probably. There could be other things like fear and such also keeping you from progressing. I have a couple suggestions. First I always suggest asking for help. Divine help is always available and a spirit sent for that purpose can see whats going on and help. It requires you to listen to your heart and follow whats in there. Second don't practice in bed. Start working on your trance and relaxation in a recliner or comfortable chair. Having your head unsupported at first will prevent falling asleep. This trains you to go deep without falling asleep. Make sure your not sleepy when you practice. This is something you allow to happen instead of making it happen. I tend to have more intersting experiences just after I wake up. I have more of a problem letting go and relaxing. Be patient with this. It may take a while before you start to breakthrough. Think of it like Xanth usually says. Any non physical perception is astral. Astral projection isn't an event. There isnt a here or there. It's a transition you make in your focus. You expectations tend to drive what you experience. In fact loose your expectations. Your out of body experience will not match mine or anyone elses. It's a highly subjective experience and it differs for everyone. Everyone can astrally project. It's more a matter of learning control.

marwanin

Thank you blue for your input,
Actually I have already projected before about 7 times (Using a drug)
When I Projected using the drug it was soo easy, in a matter of seconds after waking up and going back to sleep, just laying there and trying to sleep normally, and in seconds I get the sleep paralysis, and I feel the transition (separation), and eventually end up in a dream scene.

That's why I say the focus factor is what's missing here, for all people struggling doing this. So how can we sharp that!

soarin12

A sure fire method to keep me awake as the trance deepens is to find the right timing.  For me the right time is 6 hrs. after I go to sleep for the night.  Having 6 hrs. of sleep behind me, I feel a definite 'ease' in staying awake 'til I pop into a scene.  If I try earlier in the night, it's much easier to fall asleep, and if I try later in the morning -like hr. 7 or 8, my body is too ready to wake up which makes projection more difficult. I don't do the hr. 6 thing every night because I don't want to train my body to always wake up at that time -leaving me TOO awake.

So I wake up in 6 hrs. Use the bathroom, make sure to shake off the sleepiness, lie right back down again and go into trance.

It's great that you're hearing voices/conversations.  If you hear a conversation, and at the same time have the feeling that you're in another room or place, the trance is deep enough that you can do an exit technique if you want.

Aaron330

Quote from: soarin12 on November 14, 2014, 01:46:55
A sure fire method to keep me awake as the trance deepens is to find the right timing.  For me the right time is 6 hrs. after I go to sleep for the night.  Having 6 hrs. of sleep behind me, I feel a definite 'ease' in staying awake 'til I pop into a scene.  If I try earlier in the night, it's much easier to fall asleep, and if I try later in the morning -like hr. 7 or 8, my body is too ready to wake up which makes projection more difficult. I don't do the hr. 6 thing every night because I don't want to train my body to always wake up at that time -leaving me TOO awake.

So I wake up in 6 hrs. Use the bathroom, make sure to shake off the sleepiness, lie right back down again and go into trance.

It's great that you're hearing voices/conversations.  If you hear a conversation, and at the same time have the feeling that you're in another room or place, the trance is deep enough that you can do an exit technique if you want.

This this this ^^
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Szaxx

Seconded, Soarin has wise words to listen to.
If you find mornings too much, you can get an extra hour of sleep. This will build up over a week and you should see a difference.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

You have to retrain your mind. That's why I say start in a chair. You don't have to be in bed to project. If you can go deep in the chair it will eventually get easier at night. Otherwise your just training yourself to go to sleep.