Lucid Dream -> OBE Success

Previous topic - Next topic

light487

Had 3 successful OBEs last night!!  :-D The first, and subsequent experiences started when I became lucid in a dream I was having. The moment I realised I was in a dream, I immediately thought, "oh.. I'm dreaming. then that means I can..." and so I found myself in my physical bed, experiencing the sleep paralysis state. I recognised the state immediately and didn't waste anytime measuring or analysing the feelings. I just immediately used my intent to move away from my body.

I was laying on my side, so I was willing myself to move sideways in an upward direction. At first nothing really happened and I felt the same intense lock-jaw feeling I had a few weeks ago when this happened. I didn't get scared or worried, I understood what the feeling was. I just focused on aligning my jaw so it was less uncomfortable. It still felt like my jaws were clenched shut, just that it felt more aligned.

Then I tried to move sideways again and I was out!!! I didn't waste anytime in moving away from my body, just flew/floated out of my bedroom, through the walls and got 2 rooms away before I blacked out. I don't really remember a blacked out state as such, just that I was floating one moment then before I was back in bed there was a brief, indeterminate time before I was consciously aware again.

Still in the sleep paralysis state, I tried again. Went through the same aligning of the jaw because it was clenched so tight. If you can imagine what your jaw would be like if you were being electrocuted then that is what the clenched jaw feels like. So it's not just simply an inability to move my jaw but a clenched, uncomfortable feeling.

Anyway, I relaxed again and willed myself sideways and up again but this time I decided to float up. I could see as I went through the layers in the roof (I live on the top floor of my apartment block) but when I got out into the open I couldn't see anything anymore. I tried the "Awareness 100%" affirmation a couple of times; first just "softly" as if it was just a thought with no meaning or real intent and when that didn't do anything I put more force and intent behind it. Still no change in my ability to see, so after a few seconds I decided to "reset" and return to my body.

Fortunately I was still in the sleep paralysis state (yay!) and went through the same alignment stuff again. During each of these alignments, I did notice a kind of vibration but nothing like described in the literature. It was more like a bubbling feeling within some but not all parts of my body. I also noticed an extra sense of warmth in my body but particularly my hands and feet. The one thing that was a constant each time was the clenched jaw.

This third time I willed myself sideways and up again, then proceeded to fly out the window. I was very aware and while I was over a river, it was not the same river that is outside my window in physical plane. At that point, I remembered the energising techniques of rubbing my hands together at the same time as looking at them in detail. this increased my visual awareness profoundly and I felt stable. I started to fly around the river, just above it. I found it harder than I was expecting to keep myself level or at a specific height of my choice. I thought to myself, "looks like I will need to practice this a bit." and so I continued to fly around a while, trying to go up a little and then down a little etc

After a while, which seemed to be a few minutes, I suddenly had the thought to contact my, or one of my, "guides". First I stated my desire and then I restated it using the "I deeply desire..." wording and put some additional desire and intent behind it. For no apparent reason I chose to stop flying forward and turn around. As I did this, I saw a glowing ball of yellow light flying towards me. As it reached me, I guess I got a bit excited and started to bombard the ball of light with questions. One question I remember asking was "how can I do this again?" because I hadn't been having any.luck until this random occurrence. I must have lost my focus at that point, possibly due to my excitement, and this time I could feel the scene fading rather than it being a sudden black out. As I was fading, I noticed another pale yellow ball of light that must have been there at the same time though I hadn't noticed it till that point.

Once back in my body, I no longer felt the sleep paralysis but tried to induce it manually, unfortunately without success. As I became more aware of my physical surroundings, I noticed that I was holding my fiancée's hand. :) Then I also noticed I need to pay a visit to the toilet and at that point surmised that perhaps the reason I had lost focus was more to do with that than getting too excited.

All in all, three very enjoyable and satisfying experiences. I just wish I could achieve these states more directly and not have to rely on becoming lucid in a dream.

light487

In regards the "balls of light", they looks like a small sphere of energy, pale yellow in colour with a halo of the same pale yellow light energy around them. The inner sphere would have been around the size of a soccer ball, with the halo having a radius about double that size.

Ephemera

Sounds like you had a great time! There are some good tips in there that I didn't think of.

I understand where you're coming from.. I had my first intentional conscious projection (from a false awakening after a lucid dream) this morning, would love for it not to be so unpredictable, but when I tried to remember to do excercises upon waking, I never could. This morning I realised my body was asleep so I just "rolled out".

If you got to go for that long you must be doing well, I've heard people say their first intentional exit didn't last long.

When you find yourself projecting again, I suggest don't summon your partner like I did, cause things can get too friendly whether you consciously intend it or not, and you'll probably get kicked back into your body. I think it's a  "that's not what you're here for" message.