How close am I getting ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey VM, and welcome to this hot webdock...    experimenting without knowing all techniques (one could be enough) - that ain´t very naughty I think...  on the contrary..  techniques is just an aid, some people "need" them, some don´t...   you seem to almost "got there", to full scale projecting, last night - if you ask me..  I haven´t yet conciously projected, so can´t really tell out of experience, but it sure sounds as if you were very close.
 I think you should go with that "attitude" you had last night, not trying OBE´ing very hard, if at all...  just going in for relaxing, and emptying the mind - and not trying to "OBE", I think for most of us is very beneficial...  if it happens it happens, if not, there will be plenty more shots at it..

Did you have the internal vibrations as well??   I get them, but usually it stops there for me up til this day...  not all people experience the vibrations before projecting, but what I have learned the majority do..

Again, welcome to this great place mate, and do read Astral Dynamics, it is very good, no doubt there!!   Just don´t get frustrated if you don´t memorize every technique etc. in the book, don´t get me wrong, they seem all good, but having to much techniques etc. in mind when learning to OBE isn´t very helpful I reckon´...  

Good reading to ya!  //Qui-Gon (Richard)

- Your focus determines your reality -

VirtualMusician

Thanks for the very warm welcome. It's exciting to know that you think I WAS almost there. Fills me with confidence that this isn't all a load of rubbish. Don't get me wrong ! While I am very scientific and logical I ALWAYS keep an open mind. I just some evidence all the time. Yeah, I know a bad thing to need with subjects like these but it seems when I 'research' various aspects like this I DO get the evidence I need (as with LD'ing).

AM off to conintue reading the book.

Thanks again and I look forward to getting stuck in and hopefully helping others should I manage to get to that stage.

Cheers!
VM

VirtualMusician

Sorry, forgot to mention !

No, I didn't get any vibrations at all, hence my doubtfulness to my success but, from what you say, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

VM

Grenade01

Possibly you were just raising a lot of energy?
Sometimes when I stimulate the heart chakra I feel as if my heart is beating really fast...
but then as I focus on it ..I realize it feels more like I have two seperate heartbeats...

Also when I first started this stuff..when Id stimulate my third eye chakra I would see flashes of light that looked much like a camera flash.....sometimes they would come in a few (3 or 4 quick bursts) then stop for a while

Also (again also haha) I find when I raise A LOT of energy..like having a really good (or maybe intense is a better word) session... I get this feeling like my limbs are blowing up like baloons...especially my hands/arms and feet...I actually get visual flashes of them looking all bloated..its the weirdest feeling ever..and it rarely happens ...but it sounds similar to what your talking about maybe....
I dunno

but...If you can do what youve done..Id definately say your not far off...
Pretty soon you will have some type of exit symptoms ..then you have to deal with getting to excited !!! which is really the biggest pain when you start out and have a lot of progress LOL

personally I do feel very intense vibrations (I know people that dont though so yeah... its cool) but whenever id get them..my adrenaline would start pumping so fast that Id practically jump  out of bed..and then Id get all mad at myself for ruining it
and it happened dozens of times before I got it (consciously anyway)

Good luck !

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/[][][][][][][][][][][][]

VirtualMusician

Hi All,

I am very new to all this so please bear with me.

I have just got into Lucid Dreaming and manged 3 so far and am now really interested in Astral Projection/OBE after being told quite a bit by a friend.

I have the Astral Dynamics book and have began to read it but I am rather inpatient and so have started experimenting without knowing all the techniques (naughty, I know).

Last night I tried to relax as much as possible. (this is the main reason for me getting into this area in the first place as I have a rather stressfull job and have difficulty relaxing during the evening). I concentrated on my breathing and tried to clear my mind and not try AP. My whole body when completley numb and I felt like I was floating on water. My breathing and heart rate became rapid and I felt like my arms were rising off the bed. I kept going very giddy and seeing flashes of light each time.  I felt like myself was a small ball inside my body and liek my body was way too big for me and didn't fit anymore. This continued for about 10 minutes by which time I was almost asleep and so let go (and fell asleep).

I have a pure science background from college and University and so am very unsure about things that cannot directly be proved by science. This was the case with lucid dreaming until it happened and so, now, I am trying to find out if I am on the right lines and if indeed I did experience something last night.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards !
VM.