The fire turned into a snake

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliaz

Hello there everyone, lately I've been meditating staring deep into a candle while lying my bed. I did this for a few times as it is very relaxing and mind claming but then a week ago something strange happend.

I hadn't lighted a candle over a week and one night while I were trying to sleep I could see the candle and the fire behind my closed eyelids. I was amazed and I started to really focus on the image, at first the fire was colored of a green shade but the more I kept my focus the fire turned more into it's real color and it felt like i was looking into a real fire while my eyes were closed. Eventually i fell asleep, I didn't put much thought into what happend the next day and forgot about it.

But then, yesterday something strange happend again.
I lighted up a candle and starting looking into it, clearing my mind and just watching the fire dance. After a while the fire got bigger and bigger in my vision and I felt that the fire was exactly infront of me, but then the fire started changing appearance. First it turned into some kind of ball with tubes connected to it, kinda like this picture:

But then I kept my focus really hard and the fire started to turn into the appearance of a snake, I could only see the head of the snake and I felt like it were looking back at me, I kept staring at it for like 5minutes and then my brother came and interrupted me and my focus was gone and the fire turned into it's usual apperance again.
I can't understand how the fire turned into a snake in my own mind, I've tried searching around on google but i haven't seen this happend to anyone else so I now ask here, does anybody know's what this means or has this happend to someone else before? Would love some answers :)

Lionheart

This is a well known Astral Projection technique. Staring into a flame is a great focus exercise. Here are 2 excellent YouTube videos on this method.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWNB9inwI0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3M-LuTRfcI
This is the first technique I ever attempted and found great success with it. The key is to allow the flame to morph into whatever design or object it wishes, be it a ball or snake etc.
You sound like you are doing fine, stay the course!  :-)
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Steel Hawk