marijuana in the astral!?

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan1337

Hello all,
         Yes yes, this is a somewhat silly question. I've not experienced the astral, but in a recent post it was mentioned that the traveler and a few other were conversing and SMOKING WEED? I smoke pot occasionally, and rather like it. Besides the point, this is something that really caught my interest. Has anyone had experiences like these? Can you get "high" in the astral? Could I smoke hookah in the astral? Are these stupid questions? Forgive me if so. I wish there was a less serious category I could post this in and I really hope this doesn't get in anyone's way of finding more "valuable" information.
<3

ArmyOfOne1911

I wouldn't think you weed need that stuff in the astral realms.
That's just my opinion. When I had my OBE everything was so extremely peaceful. Confusing at times... but peaceful.

123mac123

When I first had an OBE, it was a couple months after i started smoking weed. I smoked weed daily at that time. when I went to attempt my first OBE, It was during my first weed break, and I wanted to get high really bad throughout that break (Im not that crazy about weed anymore). When My OBE happenned, I was sitting in my computer room feeling really really high, So I guess the desire to be high got carried over into my OBE. I was sitting there enjoying being high when it hit me, that I was once in my bed trying to have an OBE and now I was there in my computer room, at first I didn't realise it was an OBE because of the realness of the environment, the realization sent me back to my body moments later.

FarceAdentus

There are many natural substances that are tools to go out of body.
Weed, DMT, Cubensis Mushrooms, Amanita Muscaria, Peyote, Ayuhuasca and many others are spiritual tools to explore our greater being, and to go OOB.
Since out of the body we are less "physical" its probably unlikely that you can take these substances as youd have no digestive system to digest the substance. Who knows. Try it next time your out of body! ;)

mrrandom2010

If you need weed to make an OBE a better experience...

LOL

Szaxx

Hi,
Weed in the astral, ha, you need to get out.
You don't understand what you can achieve with thought alone. 
If its dark,(physical)  with weed its not as fearsome.
                 (Astral)  with your thoughts the sun can shine any colour you make it.
You made me laugh with that comment.
I also suppose it may be possible if you know what you are expecting. you control your environment, that's why you need to fear nothing.
Keep trying, you'll see.
Trippy travels.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Stookie_

The reason people to drugs is to enter another state of consciousness. The state of consciousness produced for an OBE is way beyond anything weed can do, so to smoke weed in an OBE doesn't make sense. Why would you need to alter your consciousness from an altered state of consciousness?

ryan1337

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do feel it was a silly question. I was just curious haha. I don't think I'll care to get high in the astral but I just thought smoking in the astral was interesting...

Astral316

As someone who smokes regularly the thought has crossed my mind. Not too long ago I was in the middle of an experience and compared the mental state of the astral to that of being high in the physical and determined there was no comparison... the astral is just exponentially more gratifying. That said, I don't think I'll ever be too good for dumb non-physical experiments from the vantage point of my current existence... I'll be on an astral Jamaican beach smoking a giant blunt with Bob Marley sooner or later. :wink:

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

urshebear

Correct my if I am wrong but somebody told me that Zion (mentioned in reggae music) is a place in the afterlife where Rastafarian go and apparently this is the only place in the afterlife that marijuana grows??

daytona955

Quote from: urshebear link=topic=35588.msg295148#msg295148 date= :lol:1320459690
Correct my if I am wrong but somebody told me that Zion (mentioned in reggae music) is a place in the afterlife where Rastafarian go and apparently this is the only place in the afterlife that marijuana grows??
:lol:

CFTraveler

Quote from: urshebear on November 04, 2011, 22:21:30
I'll pretend this is a serious question and answer:  No, Zion is the 'promised land' of the old testament, which has been interpreted many ways, some more culturally interesting than others.  Most racists use the word 'zionist' as an insult, for example.

Oversoul123

I did try eating a mushroom once within a projection and started to trip just like in the physical, so I would imagine that getting high on pot would also possible. What was funny though, was that the mushroom that I ate looked more like one of the 'cartoonish" spotted mushrooms (Amanita Muscaria) from Super Mario Bros, as opposed to an actual magic shroom.

Fresco

It would have to exist since astral contains an exact copy of whatever is here on earth (and more).

There's probably lots of beer too, which makes Fresco quite happy  :-D

ArmyOfOne1911

Do you think it has the same effect though? Could I have my Xbox 360 and a limited edition of battlefield 3 and play online with other astral beings?  :lol:

Fresco

I would think it has more of an effect, not less or the same.

But hey, I could be wrong

akashicmuch

Have you not eaten anything in the astral? lol

Am I the only one privy to ingest things?!

It's funny someone mentioned playing their x-box 360 online with other astral bound gamers.

I've done something similar to that but playing the original battlefield 1942 series. Skimmed through servers and all but it's hard to find other players in the astral! imagine that.

ArmyOfOne1911

Oversoul123

Quote from: ArmyOfOne1911 on November 07, 2011, 02:15:02
Do you think it has the same effect though?

Well, there was at least one difference.  The onset of the trip came on in seconds not minutes but, alas, the projection was short lived so I wasn't able to experience the whole process such as the 'peak' to make a good comparison--but I was definitely tippin' with the same sensations that I experienced in the physical.

Fresco

Yeah, my guess is you can probably get high or drunk by just thinking about it and ordering your astral brain to do so.  Probably no actual marijuana or booze is needed, although you could probably get your mind to order a nice fresh brewski if you wanted to.

Thats what they say about the Astral, whatever your mind can think of becomes reality instantly

Stookie_

"I AP so I can sit on a couch and smoke weed and play video games and and eat doritos."

AstralBeginnings

Quote from: ryan1337 on November 03, 2011, 21:11:33
Hello all,
         \Can you get "high" in the astral? Could I smoke hookah in the astral? Are these stupid questions?

There is no such thing as a stupid question :)  My view is this:  Weed affects the physical body.  When you project you are not physical, therefore completely negating any physical effects.  I do however believe that weed can help to project by separating the mind from the body.  However, where I live, I f I smoked weed I would be jailed for years so I dont know how it affects projection as I havent had any for 5 years :)
My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com

Boom

You could eat a bar of chocolate in the Astral and get high as a kite if you thought it would work.  It's all completely subjective.
There is no weed in the astral. Drugs have a physical effect on you, which as a consequence can help you become OBE.   The astral and when you are OBE is a totally non physical experience. Therefore no drug in the world would work on your non physical self. However a non physical interpretation of the drug would because you believe and expect it to.

This even happens in the physical to some extent.  Placebos make people feel better and cure the illness even though there is nothing in them.  If youre going out on a drinking session with your mates, and everyone is all like "ahhh we're gonna get wasted tonight!". You get excited and you get absolutely wasted.  Whereas you could drink the same amount of alcohol in a quieter session, knowing that youve got your mother in law to see afterwards and need to remain coherent, and as a result it would have less effect on you.