melatonin effects?

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing

sorry, i never tried it and don't know anyone who does.

BOATS

I tried Melatonin a few weeks ago after a young woman in a medical class I'm taking said it gave her really strange dreams. It is produced naturally by the pineal gland and helps to regulate sleep from my understanding. The price for 100 was only about four dollars U.S.  So I did not have a lot to loose by trying it.  I only took one on the first night and did have a few vivid dreams but not any more then normal.  It gave me a headache the following day.  I have always been sensitive to medications and even can not take vitamins. Perhaps I would have had more striking results had I continued taking the Melatonin.  I do believe that for some people this can produce OBE. I have read the Tibetan Monks believe that the soul resides in the pineal and that it enters the body on the 28 day of conception when this gland is formed.  It's all very interesting.  Meditation also produced the hormone too.   [:)]

Major Tom

Major Tom

shaman

I have some apnea if I sleep on my back, so i always try to sleep on my 'tumy'. It is because of the  airway in my throat and possibly some stuffy nose. Melatonin regulates sleep and should bring you a good night sleep. But of course if you have apnea you will wake up not matter what. It is actually better if you wake up, that is a sign that you are reacting to the choking feeling. If you sleep to deeply and are in apnea then you might deprave your brain from oxygen for a too long period of time. ONe way or another you might want to check with a doctor why you have apnea and how to deal with it. I might try to experiment with melatonin and let you know later...

MrWizyrd

I have sleep apnea, and often have trouble with sleep. I twitch and move constantly through the night, and often stop breathing and choke a bit. A friend of mine directed me to take the herbal supplement Melatonin. Does anyone know if this will in any way effect my attemps at OBE, trance, etc? Anyone else have experience with Melatonin? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Keith