methods for exerting pressure/astral body for lying on side?

Previous topic - Next topic

honeyjigga

Hi all lucid dreamers and astral projectors,

I tried projecting yesterday using the rope method as a way of exerting pressure on my astral body and i sometimes have trouble from the fear, that i get when Im lying on my back. sometimes i try to project from lying on my side, i never seem to have fear when i am lying on my right side. Does anybody know a technique that will exert pressure on my astral body from lying on my side?

I sometimes feel vertigo when i am on my back and also an increase in focal distance behind my closed eye lids. I am also able to see right through my eyes or even with my eyes open i am able to see through my bed cover which is covering my eyes. I take it that this is astral vision, anwyay i can do this from within 30 seconds from when i turn the lights off at night.

I have been close to having a concious out of body experience, i have been in trance a few times, but i only have had one OBE from within a dream, and about 4-5 lucid dreams.

Please any help much appreciated

Thank you

Nagual

Personally, I had 2 type of projections from the side...

First one is when some kind of wind just blow me from the (always?) left side.   So, it is just "automatic".  I have nothing to do except staying calm and just waiting to lift off.

Second type is weird; I pushed myself out of body...  I was having a dream where I was walking in town with a friend.  At one point, my friend became annoying by staying too close to me.  A few seconds later, I found myself lying in my bed with another body lying right next to mine.  I was not fully lucid and took it as my friend's body.  I began to push it away, but it was difficult.  The more I tried the more annoyed I was becoming.  Finally, I successfully pushed the body out of my bed... except that as the body was falling, I found myself being (in) that body too.  So, I was still in my bed and at the same time falling from it.  At that point I switched back to lying and got the vibration... etc...

The easiest way would be to get the wind... except that you never really know where you will end up.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Michael_E

you can do rope from your side too. imagine the rope coming towards you from whatever wall you are facing.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

laiana

I have a similar problem, any way of getting out when you're lying on your stomach though?

So far the only times I've been in the right state has been when I've been falling asleep on my stomach.  This morning I got my arms free and tried to push myself up but there was nothing for my arms to push on, it just felt like they were pushing through jello.  Then I tried to imagine myself rising up backwards and couldn't quite hold it for long enough.

Nagual

Next time, maybe try to roll to the side instead of trying to lift yourself up; it needs less effort.

Some people have reported successfully projecting down (through their bed)... maybe try to dive "head-first".
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Michael_E

Quote from: laianaI have a similar problem, any way of getting out when you're lying on your stomach though?

So far the only times I've been in the right state has been when I've been falling asleep on my stomach.  This morning I got my arms free and tried to push myself up but there was nothing for my arms to push on, it just felt like they were pushing through jello.  Then I tried to imagine myself rising up backwards and couldn't quite hold it for long enough.

When you get loose while on your stomach, feel your projected double turning over on to its back so you are facing up and then pull yourself out.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl