Might have lost a friend

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyOfOne1911

Hey folks.

Have you ever lost a friend or noticed them not talk to you anymore after discussing out of body experiences?

I seem to have lost a friend because of this... :/ I finally learned it's not worth discussing to people. Unless they are on here. I told her one of my experiences and she must think I am insane. I partly feel like it's my fault but it's so hard to not tell people. I wish I could tell the world what they are missing...

Anyway I made a little video I thought I would share. In hopes this doesn't happen to anyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_kMXyTQlE&context=C4e8bd28ADvjVQa1PpcFNEmViRq1zvYZmGUYNS7aiXMidkncXmcK4=

You are more than welcome to add me by the way...  :-D Goodnight everyone.

rezaf

As you might have read in another post, it happened to me a few days ago but it was more serious than your situation. Now my (Chinese) wife's family think that I am insane and are pushing her to divorce me! I study TCM, practice martial arts, qigong and sometimes AP. It's really difficult for me to talk about anything other than these topics. Thank God I see my fellow Kung Fu brothers and teacher twice a week or I would go insane in China. From now on I don't think that I will talk about AP anywhere other than on this forum.

ArmyOfOne1911

Man that is no good. :|
That's cool you got people you can talk to in person. I hear ya... These forums help me out so much.

Mr.PumperNickle

I have talked about it, as usual my friends called my crazy, but I didn't loose them. In essence, people who leave you over such a discussion shouldn't even be called your friends for real though.
So close but so far to projecting. It'll come one day, i'll just have to wait.

Boom

Astral Projection is a tough one with some people. Why? Because it borders on paranormal, as well as religious beliefs. People just don't understand it.  But for us it is very exciting, and it occupies our thoughts a lot. We see the world a bit different as a result in our belief and experience of the wider realities of consciousness.  This makes us appear a bit different to those who live life in ignorance or not caring about it.   If you talk about astral projection a lot, and attain it to every day life, then people are going to disassociate themselves from you.  Some people believe that Astral Projection is wrong, and we are meddling with stuff we shouldn't be.   We believe its perfectly normal and is a way to connect with our higher selves.   At the end of the day, people are entitled to their own opinions.

Like any hobby, if you end up seeming obsessed with it, people are going to get sick of hearing about it and not give you their attention any more.

You have some people who are spiritual, and some who are not. I've got a couple of friends whom i can talk about astral projection till I'm blue in the face, and they love hearing about it. I've got some friends whom I wouldn't even bring it up in conversation.   My advice is to keep it away from those whom aren't ready to hear about it.

Szaxx

Hi,
Some are too conditioned to accept this even if it hit them in face. We arent the losers, so let them be.
The other day I told a friend what he was doing the night before I saw him. I spoke to another beforehand to back myself up. Then told him the outcome of his adventure, all the wheres and whens that I understood. He denied any of it at first, but later asked was I spying on him. I mentioned the use of a computer but couldn't say how. He was in a pub and no computers were available. I believe he had mail later that same day for another meeting with his new friend (secret affair).
I now worry him.. Lol
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Blazewind

I've never talked to anyone about this subject outside of the internet.  I don't talk much about any spiritual type matters, because it just seems in my life in general to be a bad idea.  I do know a few people who are into certain paranormal sort of things, but even in those cases I sense that astral projection would somehow cross the line.  lol, one thing I've come to learn in life personally, is that whether it's your spiritual life, personal interests in anything at all, or certain mundane personal information to do with something as simple as income taxes, if discussing it seems at all like a bad idea, just don't discuses it then. 

:-( Losing a friend or having someone no longer talk to you over this does seem quite harsh though.  My personally opinion is that anyone who would decide to stop talking to someone over such a thing is not and may never have been real friend in the first place to be honest.  After all, it's not as though you told you you had committed a crime or anything dangerous or threatening to anyone.         

Stookie_

I have a friend who I knew for about 7 years before telling him I meditate daily. It just naturally came up in conversation, and he asked me a lot about it at the time, as he knew practically nothing. That was about 2 years ago, we see each other regularly, and it's never came up again. If he was interested he would ask.

BeHappy

Well that's to bad but at lest you could tell them what you're interested in, but I would not even dream to.
Love is Hate, Hate is Love

Ident

Losing people as we walk the path of spiritual advancement is the natural way of things. Our priorities in life change, as do our feelings and personalities. Those we have known who are unable to follow our changing vibrations will no longer resonate with us and, so, distance and  separation become inevitable. Sometimes, something we say may make it clear to another person that we are not in the place they thought we were and so they leave us for fear of being changed by us and then consequently losing their own stable place in their life.

You cannot advance without being changed by the process and those changes will result in changes around you, in both friends and circumstances.

catmeow

ArmyOfOne I liked your video!  I thought about this a while and personally, when talking about these matters I use a different approach to every single person, depending upon their intelligence, belief system, open-mindedness etc and their relationship with me. You just have to be careful. Talk about lucid dreaming, rather than astral projection, it's much more accepted. If they are OK with that, say something like "I know it's just a dream, but it's INCREDIBLY realistic. It's weird".  See how they react. Also, it's not hard to sniff out like minded people. If you've ever used the services of a healer, talk about AP with them, because they will likely have quite a circle of like minded people you can meet. I've been invited to all sorts of social meets by healers I have befriended.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

phxsun

Even though my wife and I know that there is a ghost in our house discussing AP with my wife and kids is not a good thing. So far this forum is about the only place to talk about this without getting those looks!!

rain_88

People can grow apart sometimes I guess, so there is nothing wrong with it. Anyways, what should you talk about with people whose aims in life are to get drunk/laid, make given amount of money, buy things they don't need, talk about/manipulate each other etc... (I hope it is just me, and you are surrounded with a lot of like-minded dudes :))...
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

ArmyOfOne1911

Thank you all so much for your replies. I figure it is what it is. I'm just gonna stick tho these forums though. It's helping me so much. :-)

Anonymouse

Hi my friend, thanks for sharing.

I'll take some of your advices, and above posters as well. As you said, there may be a time where they realize this new/old real world. And will be like  :-o I have to call that guy!

boudicca

Well, as they said you have to keep some things for yourself because some people are just too stubborn. Some weeks ago I was talking to a very close friend (who believes in physical facts and if there is something which cannot be explained she finishes the conversation by saying that it is a lie). I told her what did I see when I was trying to phase (lights, images, feelings... and of course I didn't tell her that I was phasing, just told her that suddenly I saw that) and it was something like:
me: the other day I was in my bed at night listening to relaxing music and suddenly I saw blablabla.
she:  :?   ....O..K...... that has scientific explanation. hahaha!!! how gullible you are!!
She spent the rest of the day looking at me and laughing.
So, nevermore. I read this forum and books about AP, but I hide it, people is not prepared, no one near me will ever know that the other day I phased *just* my arms and for a moment I had 2 pairs. They would call a psychiatrist.