Mimicking IAC projectarium?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummage

Do you guys think there is anyway to mimick even slightly the way the IAC projectarium works for OBE progress? (in case you don't know about it) http://www.iacworld.org/research/research-campus-projectarium

Lionheart

It looks like it would be fun to try. I would like to try and maybe purchase some day one of those Isolation Tank, they work by suspending you in water, unfortunately the cost is 10-12 thousand to purchase one. My "bucket list" goal though is to try Phasing in an actual Pyramid. Here is a link to an interesting adventure with an Isolation Tank. Enjoy!
http://wild-bohemian.com/tanktrip.htm

blis

Have you tried the pingpong ball ganzfeld effect thing?

I wonder how much salt you would need to put in a bath to make you float. Get the temperature in the room just right, table tennis balls on the eyes, headphones with white noise, maybe some binaurals.

I've been meaning to make some decent ganzfeld goggles for a while. Tried it once but I found it hard to cut the pingpong balls to fit right. Still got some light coming in from the side of my nose.

Gummage

Quote from: blis on September 18, 2011, 07:23:36
Have you tried the pingpong ball ganzfeld effect thing?

I wonder how much salt you would need to put in a bath to make you float. Get the temperature in the room just right, table tennis balls on the eyes, headphones with white noise, maybe some binaurals.

I've been meaning to make some decent ganzfeld goggles for a while. Tried it once but I found it hard to cut the pingpong balls to fit right. Still got some light coming in from the side of my nose.

I have seen the info on the effects with the ganzfield pingpong thing but I am not sure how really that would benefit anyones attempts to project really I mean from what I gather you would start to see things because of the sensory deprivation of the brain but what use is that? lol

blis

If you remove physical stimuli it's easier to tune into the non-physical. Thats what it looks like the projectarium is doing as far as I can tell. It just looks like a big ping pong ball.

Xanth

Quote from: blis on September 19, 2011, 06:01:17
If you remove physical stimuli it's easier to tune into the non-physical.
And that is what we learn to do when we meditate.  :)

Gummage

So say you lose awareness on the outside through this ganzfield thing.......then what pls.

Gummage

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 19, 2011, 16:47:29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_experiment

k thx for them I understand what it is I am just wondering if it would actually be useful to attempt to project from once in that state. Has anyone tried?

light487

I wouldn't mind just being able to completely seal off the spare bedroom in my apartment.. hehe.. just being able to make it PITCH BLACK would be enough for me.. I can make do with the feeling of the bed and stick in some earbud headphones etc.. the light though.. that's what I need to get rid of.. because then I could do everything with my eyes OPEN..

Doing that however would probably mean sticking alum. foil all over the windows and stuff like that..

Gummage

What are you supposed to think when your attempting this ganzfeld technique? do you just let your mind wander or try and just not think at all.

light487

Think I might buy some Al Foil today and some tape.. tape that window up.. hehhehehe.. unless my girlfriend completely objects, it can't hurt especially for days that I want to do it during daytime and the light becomes distracting. I own the apartment.. and the window faces out towards a river and I'm on the top floor.. so no one should mind besides my girlfriend.. but she has been listening to the TMI tapes (well actually just the first one.. she keeps falling asleep..hehe) as well.. so she may not mind afterall if she knows what it is for. After every experience, I tell her about it.. :)

astralp

I bet that thing would work.  Sounds cool i kinda want to try.  As for the ganzfield effect, I've tried it a couple times.  Never really worked for me, I think its easier to just phase.
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

Lionheart

Light487, just get yourself an eye pillow. That makes it as dark as you need. I do an afternoon Phase session and an evening one now. I have a lighter eye pillow from a Bed Store and a heavy Cherry Pit Aromatherapy Pillow. Both work great!

blis

That just reminded me. I cant believe I'd forgotten!

I was going to make my perfect sleep mask moulded to my own face with cavities infront of my eyes so I could even open my eyes without noticing. I'm going to go and buy the materials today.

light487

An eye pillow, eh?

Yer.. the girlfriend doesn't want the window "foiled" up.. she says it will make the room to scary.. hehe.. :D

Gummage

So it could work possibly as a phasing technique?

blis

It's kinda unlikely you'll have a fully immersed 3d projection with your eyes open. The ganzfeld thing might make it easier to maintain a partial phasing though.

Gummage

Anyone else have any thoughts on the IAC projectarium? I would much like to hear some. I really am confused as to how it works still and hoped some people could explain it to me more and perhaps suggest techniques that would mimick how the projectarium works.