Mirrors

Previous topic - Next topic

ToxicMoon

I don't fear really anything about OOBE's except mirrors.  I have a strange fear of looking into a mirror while out of my body.  I think it stems from a reoccurring nightmare regarding looking into a mirror.

Has anyone had a problem with mirrors while having an OOBE?  

Is this a normal fear?  Or am I the only one with this?

catmeow

Mirrors?  No problem for me

I'm fascinated by mirrors whilst OBE/LD.  When I look into them I either see one of two things

a) Someone I don't recognize at all
b) Myself, but younger - like when i was in my prime (not that long ago lol!  :lol:)

It's usually b).  But it fascinates me and i promise I look into the mirror with no preconceptions...

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

catmeow

Hi ToxicMoon

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post!  Like I said, personally I don't have any real problems with mirrors.  But in truth I must admit there is a little apprehension before I look into them, because I really have no idea what I'm going see, so you're really not alone in this.  But so far I have been fairly lucky and on those occasions when what I saw was shocking, well I just try to learn from it, rather than taking it badly.  On one occasion I looked and saw no reflection at all!  Weird....!

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

astralpwka

I have had a lot of fun looking into mirrors. I usually see very "themed" versions of myself. I've seen myself with a mohawk, long stringy "witch" hair and wearing a witch hat, etc... The only thing that has bothered me is having no reflection.  I've never walked into one.

astralpwka

catmeow - That's funny, we both posted at about the same time about having no reflection. :) I enjoy reading that others have similar experiences. It gives me a feeling of not being alone in this weird hobby. :)

catmeow

Yup,

I'm interested that you had the same experience!  I wonder how many others have had no reflection?!

catmeow

Teomim

i got lost in a mirror for several hours once. not in OBE or LD, but rather 2 hits of Timothy Leary acid. It was not pleasent, andit was a long trek back.
Me? no, i don't do that stuff anymore, this was years ago.

Baked not fried. the healthy choice!
:D

~Z?~
"I do not take drugs. I am drugs." -Salvadore Dali

~Music is my Sinaquanon~

psych0naut

The one time I looked into a mirror during an OBE I saw myself floating...sort of bobbing around...and I had sort of a golden glow about me...my hair was wild.  I tried to enter the mirror but I bounced off!  Then I tried putting my arm in but it bounced off as well...so I gave up and entered my body.

coral1

Hi All

Usually I see a distorted version of myself. I `d have to check my log but i think I recall two instances where I saw no reflection. I do remember that it was a spooky feeling. It`s similar to looking for your physical body after an exit and not seeing it. I think I suscribe to Satchel Paige`s philosophy which is "Don`t look back. Something might be gaining on ya!"

Happy Trails
coral1

manuel

Yeah mirrors facinate me some what in an non physical state, not just mirrors, but any reflecting surface such as a window, i personaly have never seen no reflection, ive once seen where i had this huge fro and beard  :lol: