Misconceptions About Time

Previous topic - Next topic

floriferous

Quote from: Lightlessmonk on October 28, 2021, 11:55:20

I will stop time to take a photo so that later I can stop time again to relive that previous moment even though I was potentially not present when the photo was taken and sure as excrement am not present now as I try and relive it. Where am I in time at each of these moments, and was I ever present in the now? This can create a reenforced loop of self belief, of self delusion and lead on to non subjective endings that lack morality and ethics.

I would venture that you are in the now when you relive the photo in memory but you are not knowingly aware of the now. You have become unknowingly aware. I don't think it is possible to leave the now but your attention through thoughts that arise make you absent minded to the now which remains everpresent. It has shifted to the background of experience as you have become distracted by thought but it still remains there, unchanging.

I would say the now and awareness are synonymous. Everpresent and unchanging. It's everything else around it that changes. The limitation always seems to be with the mind which conceives it.

The rest of your post is very interesting but I have no thoughts on it currently. Somebody else can comment.

Lightlessmonk

Excellent except for one problem, where did the thought come from? Which thought you say? The thought to take the picture so that you could capture the moment you wished for later, and thus capture nostalgia in new form and forms? How much of this is learned and thus introduced behaviour that we could teach other presentient biological beings here on this planet? A base code that is the dawn and reason behind art and expression.
I create to remember, and destroy to forget?

Yet we are speaking of time, and for me perhaps witches, then the mirror is both a powerful tool and a most powerful trap. Can you see me in the reflection, or did you stare too long and see the abyss?

From moonlight reflections in calm streams to on demand video in an ever evolving cosmic ocean...I am adrift. Am I trapped here as well, the sirens calls have driven madness upon dusks rocks or simply becalmed for a perspective that lacks subjectiveness? On this ocean I needed to read the stars to travel, always the ocean, always the stars. Why do I need a photograph or painting to remember you, or worse still why would I need a photograph so that I could remember myself? Is it normal for our base reasoning to forget these details for a positive reason? Is histories stories of narcissism not telling enough? Please take these wings but stray not to close to the sun nor the sea, nor the sea.

When I was a child and teenager I saw things that I have now come to see in the last year. Time is not linear, time is already written, time runs in both directions at once. And to know time is to lose the sense of self, of good and bad, and god. Is this were you go with your mind>? through the 'toilet paper tunnel' and mind eyes? Do you dip into this greater non subjective reality which implies reason for what we will do?
What do you do with your powers? What can I do with mine?

What will we do?

I stand with Gabriel, competing only against myself

floriferous

Quote from: Lightlessmonk on October 28, 2021, 12:59:17
Excellent except for one problem, where did the thought come from? Which thought you say? The thought to take the picture so that you could capture the moment you wished for later, and thus capture nostalgia in new form and forms? How much of this is learned and thus introduced behaviour that we could teach other presentient biological beings here on this planet? A base code that is the dawn and reason behind art and expression.
I create to remember, and destroy to forget?

I can only comment on your first paragraph. The rest, although very poetic, is a little too abstract for my brain.

Why does the source of the thought present a problem and what is this problem? I'm not quite seeing the issue. Can you elaborate clearly?

LightBeam

Quote from: floriferous on October 28, 2021, 10:07:42
Okay that helps. Can you further clarify what 'you' is made of if the other is made of only thought?

I think peoples definition of 'you' might vary so I want understand within this context

The real you is the consciousness that contains the knowledge from individualized first hand experiences throughout your journeys.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lightlessmonk

So yes why does the source of the thought present a problem and what is this problem?
The thought that brought about the desire and then action was a thought on the desire to reflect more upon the concept of reflection to the determinate of the later cycles potentially and often causing a reoccurring loop. This base program (I am/I am not) has run amok and if we are not careful we become robotic and without our nature, ethics and morality. Or is there more still and the two influences that can come from beyond are what is in fact at play...jealousy and envy like Lucifer playing with a version of the Looking-Glass Self concept.
The thought was about time, and what is time but a reflection, what is time but an echo. It was not intended to be read as anything other than the proverbial you, or 'us' as it may be. Being/becoming situationally aware ascended beings must have some aspect of time and timing involved? I am looking for a way to see the mirror and hence the concept of reflection deeper. And for myself having seen images that years later become real, I know first hand time is not currently seen correctly by most humans.

Any suggested material to read on mirrors would be appreciated, and a message with a recommendation for a couple of good books to read for a beginner to astral projection and spells.
Sorry if my words are to flowery, will make them shorter and more concise.

I stand with Gabriel, competing only against myself

floriferous

I don't really understand. I can only work with more simplistic concepts. Too advanced for me. Maybe someone else can help you. Best of luck.

PerspectiveShift

In my own belief, I believe that we are all souls connected to higher and higher vibrations like the rays of the sun which is our connecting point to "the all". So essentially we are all connected.

This is my thought process towards this topic: A projection is still energy in this reality stemming from "all consciousness" (at least in my belief). If my neighbour was a projection, is my partner a projection too? Are we all projections talking to each other? For me it doesn't make sense. How would you differentiate between a projection and a soul? If everything was a projection, how would you come to realize this in the first place? You'll be believing in one projection over the other based on how "real" the experience feels? I would rather look at things as "reality" rather than "non-reality" (maybe a more optimistic view?)

Time compared with photographs was a very interesting analogy. We have a string of photograph (or video) memories that we can cling to for our sanity of "knowing who we are". But if we get too clung up on the photo memories, we lose the present moment focus which is our true nature.

But also, losing the photo memories and forgetting them completely, would this be a good path either? Being completely in the present moment is powerful, but will it cost our memories of our existence? Maybe that's just a fear? I do think that modesty and balance is important though as in everything (in this reality frame at least).

Just my pondering thoughts lol! You guys have crazy ideas like me haha! It's awesome...
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Nameless

Great discussion but it went over my head about half way through the first page. Was watching a video the other day and I loved the one idea put forward in it discussing time and space. Imagine our space/time as a sound, a flute. Now imagine another space/time also as a sound, another flute. Both are playing the same sound and when the other one first joins ours we can perceive both sounds but only for a moment as the two separate sounds blend we no longer hear two but one.

So okay that was dimensional but it resonates with me as time. I just don't know how to explain myself.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.