Monks fighting spiritual wars???

Previous topic - Next topic

What Tha Phak

uhh... wow, that is interesting.  I could see it possible... IF... there are even any "wars" or "battles" in the astral or higher mental levels...? heh, maybe in the RTZ..?

Person

Eh.. probably much less exciting.
I'll bet its more like they gather love/peace energy and channel it to the world.  As the year 2000 computer problem was coming, some formed meditation groups to do just that.  Same for the threat of war.  Would be interesting if such a thing really had an effect.
-Person

fredhedd

maybe but i don't agree.  that would go against what they were ordained for.  getting sidetracked on anything is what they aer trying not to do by moving to a monastery and cutting off all ties.

What Tha Phak

yeah, person, that is more realistic

Greytraveller

I think that you and your friends are on to Something Sublime. I also tend to think that there is some kind of conflict going on. Why do I think that maybe a conflict is indeed happening?? Well, consider the following.
    1) Many people report encounters with negative/evil entities while projecting. In a small number oF instances people do report fighting such entites. The types of entities that have been combatted include spirit hinderers, demons, shadow people and elementals (usually thought elementals).
    2) Within the past two months the number of reported attacks by negative entities on astral/ethereal projectors has risen. The following is a list of such reports from AstralPulse: Mathias Johnson "Attacked on Astral Plane" posted on November 13, 2002, Manuel ""help me become fearless!!" posted January 24, 2003, MeaghanEmily "Can anyone ...?..." posted January 19 and Chris "OOB this morning" posted January 1. In addition I have seen several reports about fighting negative entitiies on other websites. From personal experience there have been 4 occasions when I was forced to fight/combat ethereal or astral entities. Fortunately the last such experience was a few years ago.
    3) It is hard to find words that will accurately describe this concept and I do not want to be misunderstood. It seems that our present era in history in unusually 'heavy' with both paranormal omens and religious signs. I need only note the many 'doomsday' seers who predicted destruction and gloom three years ago during the coming of the new millenium, the advocates proclaiming great changes related to the year 2012 in Mayan prophecy and the Christians who claim that Revelations and the Apocalypse are coming soon. These three examples should be enough to make this point clear.
   Now I hesitate to put too much emphasis on any single prophecy or event. Yet taken together... PLUS the fact that the United States and Great Britain are in what is fundamentally a religious war (War Aginst Terror) And the continuing disintegration of the situation in Israel/Palestine And the fact the anyone who has ever had an astral/ethereal projection Should realize the Objective existence of discarnate beings....then it actually makes great sense to believe that some sort of superphysical (astral/ethereal) conflict is either ongoing or is in fact just beginning.
    Now I am not a religious person. Yet having experienced many astral/ethereal projections I feel a degree of spirituality. I also instinctively feel that some sort of greater conflict is taking place or is about to occur. (It is a fact Many people claim that hinderers/shadow people/ghosts scare them while in sleep paralyses and prevent them from projecting.)
    As yet I have no clear idea as to what is happening.
    I did not intend for this post to be so long. Thank you for reading this. When I come across more information then I will either post it here or will begin a new thread.

sublime

Greytraveller,
   you seem to know a lot about this subject and actually feel the same why that I do... that something major is going to happen within the next few years or so.
   like you said our present era in history is unusually "heavy" with paranormal omens and religious signs i totally agree with that and if you think about it there are also other factors that may have something to do with paranormal activity such as the amount of depression that haunts our world (especially the US) who's to say that this isnt due to something "preparing" us and sorting the strong from the weak. testing us.
I am actually a Christian but i am so open minded that most christians would say i dont deserve to be a christian. anyways, even if you look at the bible (revalations) it discusses war in the middle east... if you read nostradamus his prophecies seem to become fact. it's almost scary to think about the possibilities of direction that this world is going.
   being able to consciously project (my goal) even the journey to that has provided me with physical evidence that there must be life beyond this. just thinking about it sends chills down my spine of a spritual nature.

you also mentioned sleep paralysis and people seeing negative entities... this happened to me all the time as a child and i was terrified. when you talk about battling entities (i'm assuming you can consciously project quite often?) explain more about that, what do they look like how do you battle?

Lenigme

Yes I defenetly agree with you guys. IT seems , that there is something going on that most of us in the physical realm have no Idea about. I've read articles saying that if it wern't for certain entities there wouldn't be any life on this plane right about now. And there are 2 forces fighting each other. One to retard or even stop human acession/evolution (to keep us here and incarnate over and over like an infinite loop) to higher spheres of existance and an other to do anything possible to help us. As we can all see, the world around us is changing and again like you say , it seems like something is about to happen. More spirtual/non-physical information is being injected in our 3D reality faster and in greater quantity then the past years. And maybe the physical war that are possibly about to be are those entities (both poles) acting thrue us and on the other side (astral and up) therories us by attacks etc.
Just my 2 cents
L&L
L'Enigme :-)

Chris

I can extend no proof to you aside from my own experience.  In my astral travels I have been shown by my guides and on my own adventures that there are indeed oposing forces at work.  Remember, just because a creature or being is powerful and enlightened does not automatically make them good.  If the most powerful good creatures have free will and can make the decision to take power or abuse it.  There are definitely wars going on at many levels not just one and not just two... but many... physical, extraterrestrial, energetic, spiritual, super spiritual etc.

Lenigme

Hi Chris,
I agree completly with you that if a being is powerful it dosn't mean that it is good. If possible can you tell us of your experiances regarding the wars that are going on beyound this phisical level ?

L&L
L'Enigme

Greytraveller

In regards to personal experience. I have on at least two occasions met very malicious entities which could be considered quite evil. My experiences appear to be similar to many reports that other people have posted on various websites.
    My problem is one of conceptualizing what type of power, if any, lies behind negative entities. The obvious 'orthodox' explanation is the one given in standard Christian dogma = the Devil and Hell. Yet I have never encountered a demon or devil and few people ever do so as well
   So to be honest I really have no clear idea as to what, if anything, is happening. This might sound strange but I tend to think that Satanists are not much of a threat, either in the physical or in the astral/ethereal. Personally I am more concerned about religious fanatics, especially muslem fundamentalists like the al-qaeda followers of Osama bin Laden. [}:)][:(!][?][B)]

assia

One reason I visited this forum was because someone told me that what I described as part of my  spiritual life was actually OOBE.  Though I don't care what the "label" is, I couldn't help but be curious.

I don't have websites or links for you, but can tell you that I personally believe that yes, the interior prayer lives of monks definitely affects the love-hate balance in the world.

For instance, there is a Buddhist meditation called Tonglen, sort of breathing in the bad in the world, breathing out the good to take its place; breathing in the pain, breathing out the healing. They transform the hate and pain by accepting it into themselves and converting into love for the world.

Christian contemplatives like Thomas Merton believe that within their silent contemplation and union with a loving God they can create a balance to the evil in the world.  I haven't read him in a while and I may be wrong, but I recall once a line about contemplatives may be the only reason our world has not been destroyed by nuclear weapons.  I personally believe it.

No, I don't think they do this in the sense of their astral projections fighting demons or evil forces one on one. As I understand it, the focus isn't on destroying evil, it is on converting it or creating the good instead. And, from what I've read so far, the forms, practices and "effects" are similar to AP, OOBE in some ways, but the intent/goal of the meditation, and the interpretation of results is different.  

Personally, I wonder if turning the tide of hate and war in the world isn't a simple matter of more people creating love and good this way  than the number of people hating in one day. Thinking about the number of people here in one web forum alone who practice meditation makes me wonder if there isn't someway to channel that power into combating hate in this way.  Quite a powerful idea, imo, and I was glad to see this thread questioning the role AP could play in such a thing.  

Chris

Lenigme, I've had many experiences... it's hard to pick one that fully illustrates the point but I'll one for now.  At a certain point in my becoming more aware of my OBE and astral abilities I began to be stalked or followed by an entity who seemed to be some sort of recruiter.  On 2 occasions this entity attempted to capture me in some way but I managed to wriggle my way out of the grip of his power which was sort of like a tractor beam.  On the third occasion I was not so lucky and I was pulled downward into an astral area that my mind translated as looking very much like the standard picture of hell... it was hot and had lots of lava around etc but there were no screaming people or tortured souls.  I was standing on this piece of land with the being who appeared to me as a man.  His appearance was normal but the feeling I got from him was one of great power and skill with that power... possibly 20 or 30 times that of my own power which shocked me because I rarely encounter an entity that I cannot easily handle.

He smiled and went on to let me know he was impressed with my progress and he told me I had great potential.  He then asked me if I would like to be trained by him and join him in his purposes.  I did not get the feeling this being was "EVIL", but I did get the feeling that he had his own agendas which were not necessarily good.  They were more self-centered than loving.  Not wanting to anger him, I respectfully acknowledged his obvious power and skill, but declined his offer.  He smiled and communicated that perhaps later I would change my mind.  He let me go and woosh I was away and very thankful he hadn't been intent on harming me in some way.

Regards,

Chris

Pietko

Interesting experience Chris...
I had only few experience with violence in astral. But, what I can say, there is no reason to be worry( at least I think so:) ). It is on you what can affect yourself. It depends on your attitude. I found, that when I'm concentrated and in ballance ( when my mind is free of judgement, hmmm... hard to express it...) then attackers cann't harm me. Yet another effect is possible, attacker may not be able to touch me, because his/her/its attacks go through my astral body... It is more boring, than harmful.
I cann't say, whether there can be something like preventing from projecting, but it can be reason why I cann't go to astral as often as I want. I would be glad to have some guide, which could help me with this problem...

sublime

I've had a discussion with my friends a few times about the possibility that the monks that meditate all day long and only eat rice like once a day are possibly projecting and fighting spiritual wars that may actually save our lives in various aspects... i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that or if anyone has any evidence of this or websites?