Monroe "Gateway" series

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

windameir, I just got the hemisync wave 1 this weekend. I've listened to it a couple of times, and like you I haven't felt anything different.....

However, I'm planning on using it for a good 6 months on a regular basis. Practice makes perfect !

Like you, I was hoping (but not expecting) for some wild change in conciousness to hit me on 10 !! but I think its a pretty unreasonable expectation after 1 listen ! so don't give up yet ...!!

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Windameir:
Frank
While listening to the Monroe CD Orentation and Intro to Focus 10 I went tru the motions Monroe leads you through but Maybe Im missing something he says when I count to 10 you will be in focus 10 yada yada but I don't feel like anything is different. I have listened to them many times. ..Got any pointers?
by the way when you bought your CDs Did they come with any kind of manual?

bassicly im just having trouble getting to the body asleep part my mind seems really good at staying awake. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

You are concentrating on the physical-body rather than simply letting it go (as Monroe keeps saying). I often get the idea that people are lying there and monitoring their physical body, checking whether or not their body feels more or less asleep than it was 10 minutes ago, say.

Everytime you "check" you focus your awareness on your physical body. But focussing your awareness on your physical body, scuppers the process.

The one downfall with the CD's is there isn't any kind of manual. It's not strictly necessary as track1, CD1 tells you all you basically need to get started. But a decent hints and tips manual would have been a nice addition, especially given the price.

Oh, you say you listened many times. How many is that, roughly? With me, I only really began getting the hang of it after I'd listened about 100 times.

Yours,
Frank

EDIT: following Mobius' post it appears there should have been a manual supplied with the CD.

Mobius

Hi guys

If you get your CD through a reputable dealer you should get a little manual with each Wave. If you didn't I would be writing back to them & asking for it. The booklet has an introduction to the hemi-sync process (nothing you couldn't find on TMI site ) a "what not to do section", each stage on each CD & a FAQ in the back of the booklet.

If you get them through a reputable dealer, they will give you some additional info & probably send you a catalog before you purchase anything. One of the things they ALL seem to mention is ; do each CD/tape slowly, soak it up, the binaural pulsing sounds, the brushing sounds, each technique, & really focus. I think Frank mentioned in another thread that he took quite a bit of time out on each CD & really got to KNOW what was going on at each step of the process. Not sure if Frank was told to do this as I was, or he just thought it was the most sensible thing to do, but it is important.It's like learning to type, just because you have discovered which keys to place your fingers on, doesn't mean you no longer need to look at them & can do 100 words per minute, take baby steps, enjoy without expectations.

Transcendence IS a good CD/tape, but isn't designed to do the same thing as the gateway series. The only one that comes near it is the "going home" series. ALL of their CD/ tapes you will find has that hemi sync binaural beats in it to some extent. On another one I have called "On becoming a life long learner", it has a grinding machine like hemi-sync sound, as opposed to the gateway that has a whistleing tone kind of sound. But the main thing to keep in mind is, take it slowwww. You will know when you are at the stage of moving onto the next CD/tape when you can recite a description to someone of what is being said & what you experienced during each one, whether it be speaking about it or writing about it.

Then you can experiment with it & do things like Bruce's NEW while doing Monroes resonant tuning, simultaneously. And, if the rolling log technique doesn't work for you on RAM's CD, use RB's rope technique instead, or elevator. Also, setting out a journal like RB does & recording "everything", any sensations, feelings, thoughts, visions, dreams, AP, OBE etc & moon phase if you wish.

Good luck on your journeys

Mobius

clandestino

The "manual" mentioned I think is nothing more than the CD inlay, a little booklet type inlay ? is that right Mobius ??

TheJza

I actually went to TMI for their Gateway Voyage in January. I had Wave 1 for a few years, doing it on and off, but never really put a lot of effort into it until before I went to TMI. I didn't experience that much while I was there (I wasn't able to "get" to the Focus states), but almost every other person in my group was able to get there. I really like Frank's posts. A lot of what I was told while I was there is the same thing Frank is posting. Maybe I was "getting" to the Focus states, but they weren't what I was expecting so I shrugged it off. Also, Frank's last post about checking your physical body to see if you are "there" in F10 is so simple but true. That's what I was doing most of the week, and it stopped me from getting anywhere.
Now, on to the point of my post. I was able to "get" to F12 pretty easily, but that was in the beginning of the week. After the day of F12, I fell asleep in almost every other tape. I for to F15 once, and that was without a tape, but other than that I was sleeping during the week. What I did take away from it was my initial experiences in F12. I remember doing the counting and thinking it felt the same as F10 and even C1, but the trick was coming back from F12.
This is something I don't do when I meditate (or try to meditate), but I think it is very important. Don't just stop the meditation or TMI tape session and get up and go about your day. I noticed that I was "really" in F12 when I had to slowly come back to F10. I felt such a change in my perception that I would have missed if I would have just sat up and walked around. I also noticed a difference between F10 and C1 when we slowly counted from 10 to 1 during those first few tapes.
I am really bummed that I didn't "get" to F21, because I was really looking forward to it. I guess maybe I will appreciate it more if I ever do experience it down the road.
I also want to say that my experience doesn't mean that TMI programs are bogus. I was one of the only people (if not THE only person) to not get to the different focus states during the Voyage. Everybody is different and experiences the world in different ways, and this is makes it that much more difficult to have everybody experience the different INTERNAL states in the same way.

astralmaster

I must say that this thread has been one of the most useful to me.
Frank - thank for your advice.

TheJza - did they actually have a way to measure if you were in the focus states? Or did you considered the attempt a failure when you fell asleep?

Also, what would you change if you had to start listening to the tapes again? Would you do each more often, different setting ect?

Thanks

David
David

TheJza

They actually don't have a way to measure if you are in the states. I think they played the tapes and people talked about what they felt and most of the descriptions had the same basic feel to them. The trainers at TMI were very much into not giving anybody preconceived notions about what to expect, so we usually got descriptions of what the states generally were afterwards.
Yes, it was mainly my falling asleep that I used as a guideline for not reaching the states. Towards the end I was very frustrated and made myself stay awake, but that also stopped me from relaxing.
I actually am going to start back from the beginning and listen to Wave 1 like Frank did - 2 times a day every day from a few months and move slowly through the tapes. I think most people don't have Frank's patience - I sure don't - and they want to skip to the "good" stuff without getting a good base. This is probably why people don't experience anything.
Frank has inspired me to dig up the old CD's and start fresh.

Windameir

Frank
I have listened to the Orentation and Intro to Focus 10 cd probably 20 times allthough I have probably fallen asleep 12 out of 20 times tryin to make it through Focus 10 after listening to Orentation. If I listen to them seperately I do fine but if I listen to them concurently I wake up to white noise somewhere on the Focus 10 part of the cd. Maybe I should just focus on Focus 10.

Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

Mobius

Is the booklet a CD inlay booklet? Like the ones you get in a lot of music CD's that are part of the front cover? Negative. It is a separate 28 page booklet that has info on various things like *Cautions & Warnings* E.g If you have a tendency toward seizures, auditory disorders or adverse mental conditions, DO NOT USE. Do not use Dolby or other noise reduction systems with it.

This one is my favourite : DO NOT use Hemi Sync while driving or operating heavy equipment.................................Ohhhhhhhhhh, that's not fair.

It also suggests you use headphones & not ear buds, but I know lots of people that use them with no problem, I use headphones anyway. No tight clothing,shoes,glasses or contacts. Allow one hour after eating, alcohol,drugs & caffeine. And like RB suggests in his book, do it lying down or in a comfortable chair.

Personally, I find it hard to fall into total sleep while using hemi sync, whereas, my girlfriend only has to wear them for 5 mins & she is snoring. I also tried it on my sister who is into various metaphysical things & didn't tell her about TMI & hemi sync, I just gave her the headphones & asked her to tell me what she was experiencing. After 5 mins she took it off & said "I'd better stop, because I'm only here to visit for a few hours & this thing is making me fall into a trance, if I keep going I wont be able to talk to you".

Ok, gotta go, but one final thing, Frank, I saw you on that show "Englands worst drivers", so maybe you should stop using Hemi-sync while driving tanks, hehehttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

Good journeys

Mobius

TheJza

Funny you mentioned the no driving thing. While I was at TMI one of the trainers was actually Bob Monroe's step-daughter, and she told me that the reason they initially put that warning on there was from one of the early days of testing. Somehow a cousin or maybe a family friend was given to tape to try and decided to listen to the tape while driving and ended up in a ditch. Needless to say, the obvious isn't so obvious.

TheJza

Windameir:
I would only listen to one track per session. I think everybody would advise this. Listen to a track, get up and ground yourself and then maybe listen to another one later on.

wonderboy

Hello Everyone,

My question pertains to the "gateway" series as well as the
brain wave mind voyages CD's.

Has anyone found any possible negative side effects to
mechanically altering your brain waves on a regular basis?

I realize that it happens on a small level every day, in everything
you do, and that eventually you naturally learn to adopt this highly
achievable state, however, there have been times in the last 9 months
that after using the CD's off and on I'll have a residual brain tingle that can last
for up to 2-3 days and is not so much uncomfortable as it is disturbing.
Barring this possible "side effect" I feel they have helped alot, along with
NEW and several hours humping that ROPE I've had about 9 OBE's
(5 with the CD aid, 4 without)

Of course, any fan of NEW could attribute it to new pathways opening
up as it does *kind* of feel like a stimulated energy port in my temple,...but,
less comfortable.

Basically I'm about to start using the gateway series and was just curious
if this was my own cross to bear, or if this was common.
Thanks,
Wonderboy

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Windameir:
Frank
I have listened to the Orentation and Intro to Focus 10 cd probably 20 times allthough I have probably fallen asleep 12 out of 20 times tryin to make it through Focus 10 after listening to Orentation. If I listen to them seperately I do fine but if I listen to them concurently I wake up to white noise somewhere on the Focus 10 part of the cd. Maybe I should just focus on Focus 10.

Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

Forgive me for being so direct, but I think your problem is, you are not engaging your imagination. That's why you are falling asleep and that's why nothing is happening when you don't. Please realise that track1, CD2 is a very potent tool. But like all tools, it has to be used properly to get the best out of it.

Okay, tell me what are you imagining when you go from the energy conversion box to Focus 3?

Yours,
Frank

clandestino

hello there, just thought I'd let you guys know - I tried the focus 10 exercise for the 5th time last night at about 4am.

However, this time I laid down on my SIDE, the most comfortable position that I assume when going to sleep. I had a pre-conceived notion that you have to lie on your back, but I kept getting distracted by discomfort in my neck....anyway, I found it much easier to concentrate on the task at hand - I felt my body was completely asleep, with my mind awake. I've still got to work on forgetting about my body completely, so I couldn't progress..

So, I turned off the CD, lay down to go back to sleep. I found it tricky to do this. It was at this point that I remembered Jeff Mash describing how he passively observed himself going to sleep. After a few minutes of doing this, vibrations began, I could feel one of my legs "seperate".

I tried to just relax into it and go with the flow; nothing was really happening, but the vibrations were becoming a buzz, my heart was pounding more quickly. Then, all of a sudden, there was what I can only describe as an Inaudible "pop", .....and then, nothing !! I was still lying in bed, in a normal waking state.

Ah well....I shall keep persevering !!!

ps : Franks quote :
"Okay, tell me what are you imagining when you go from the energy conversion box to Focus 3?"

In my case, I was trying to concentrate on an image that I could see behind my eyelids, I think that Mr. Jeff Mash mentioned this in one of his posts.

Frank

I'm going to open a new topic because I just realised something important (well, at least I think I did) that people are not doing when listening to the Wave 1 CD and this thread is getting a bit long.

Yours,
Frank

TheJza

Did you end up starting a new thread, Frank? I don't see if anywhere.

Frank

No, not yet. I'm going to take you through the imagery I go through on the CD from start to finish. Which will be a bit long but should give you a good idea of what I'm going on about. I hope to post it late this afternoon.

Yours,
Frank

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by clandestino:
hello there, just thought I'd let you guys know - I tried the focus 10 exercise for the 5th time last night at about 4am.

However, this time I laid down on my SIDE, the most comfortable position that I assume when going to sleep. I had a pre-conceived notion that you have to lie on your back, but I kept getting distracted by discomfort in my neck....anyway, I found it much easier to concentrate on the task at hand - I felt my body was completely asleep, with my mind awake. I've still got to work on forgetting about my body completely, so I couldn't progress..

So, I turned off the CD, lay down to go back to sleep. I found it tricky to do this. It was at this point that I remembered Jeff Mash describing how he passively observed himself going to sleep. After a few minutes of doing this, vibrations began, I could feel one of my legs "seperate".

I tried to just relax into it and go with the flow; nothing was really happening, but the vibrations were becoming a buzz, my heart was pounding more quickly. Then, all of a sudden, there was what I can only describe as an Inaudible "pop", .....and then, nothing !! I was still lying in bed, in a normal waking state.

Ah well....I shall keep persevering !!!

ps : Franks quote :
"Okay, tell me what are you imagining when you go from the energy conversion box to Focus 3?"

In my case, I was trying to concentrate on an image that I could see behind my eyelids, I think that Mr. Jeff Mash mentioned this in one of his posts.

I just wanted to say how happy I am to hear of your experience.  You were right.....the thing I do is be passive and focus on an image behind my closed eyelids.

You know, ever since Frank mentioned how THIN the buffer zone is between the imagination and the astral, I have been having a lot of success lately.

You see, whenever I close my eyes when I lay down, I usually see a bunch of fleeting images.  They go this way and that, and usually disappear with 1-2 seconds.  Sound familiar?  I consider these images to be conjured up by my imagination.

However, after I get relaxed, I start seeing more stable images.  These images don't disappear quite as quickly, and they start to take on a 3 dimensional feel to them.  I believe that this is where you start to approach the buffer zone and begin to see things in the astral realm.  I could be wrong, but this line if thinking keeps me focused enough to recognize just how far along I am in my projection technique.

Perhaps Frank would agree with this line of thinking?  All I know is that there appears to be a clear difference between the quick, fleeting images when I first lay down, and the more solid, multidimensional images as I go further into my meditation/trance state.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Xehupatl

whoa are you guys talking about images behind your closed eyelids?? That'd be neat ... normally my imagination only takes part in my head ... I mean I can 'vizualize' pretty good, but it's all 'up there' in my head, not actually in fron of my closed eyelids.
That kind of stuff only happend once in a while when my point of awareness shifts from my eyes to my head completely, like the onset of a WILD (usually I only get pictures that last a split.second before I realize I am dreaming and wake up) ...

------------------------------

and when the day arrives
i'll become the sky
and i'll become the sea

and the sea will come to kiss me
for i am going
home

nothing can stop me now
and when the day arrives
i'll become the sky
and i'll become the sea

and the sea will come to kiss me
for i am going
home

nothing can stop me now
[/b]

Adrian

Greetings!

I look forward to Frank's new thread on this - it would be excellent for a new forum under poll as well - but the jury is out on that one.

We are advised from many sources that imagination is extremely important and powerful  - particularly for Astral work, but also in higher levels.

That does not mean that everything is a figment of your imagination, I think to that extent that imagination is probably wrongly interpreted. A better expression might be "conceptualising" - but any way, imagination it is a way of communicating intentions and bringing about desires in a way.

Communication in non-physical realms is significantly by imagery, telepathy etc., and of course it is also the language of creating out of Astral matter.

All in all anyway, true imagination is very important, and I look forward to Frank's words of wisdom on this one http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

Jeff, yes, it's the point where it becomes 3D that you are right on the edge. I think you are very much more "visual" than a lot of us. All I see when I close my eyes is blackness. My experience on this is more like Xehupatl's desciption of it being in one's head. But there have been times when all I have seen is blackness, but then the blackness has taken on a 3D effect.

Yours,
Frank

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
Jeff, yes, it's the point where it becomes 3D that you are right on the edge. I think you are very much more "visual" than a lot of us. All I see when I close my eyes is blackness. My experience on this is more like Xehupatl's desciption of it being in one's head. But there have been times when all I have seen is blackness, but then the blackness has taken on a 3D effect.

Frank,

I know what you mean.  When I FIRST lay down, all I see is blackness with occasional flickers of light.  I attribute that to after image effects...something we all experience after closing our eyes after using them all day long.

When you said, "the blackness has taken on a 3D effect," this is EXACTLY what I am referring to!  Although I didn't quite word it that way.  This blackness would start to "clump" sometimes into a shape.  This shape, when I stare at it, begins to draw me into it.  I believe it is at this moment that, as long as I go with it, I continue to shift into the astral realm.

Unfortunately, during this "drawing in process,"  I usually become aware of it happening, and I'm back in the RTZ, where I proceed to roll out of my body and move about that way.

The more I get to this threshold point, though, the better I'm getting at it.

Keep smiling,

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash

Tisha

My "blackness behind my eyes" develops a little hole of grey white light in the middle, and then that hole expands in a wobbly shifty kind of way before disappearing in about 2 seconds.  Then the process starts over.  

It's almost as if it is inviting me to step on through it.  I've never been successful at doing this . . . but then again, I haven't tried that hard.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

svnmn

Forgive me for butting in, but I just discovered this forum today.  I am very impressed.

Anyway among other things I have studied at the Monroe Institute and become a low-level instructor, licensed only to teach their weekend "Gateway Excursion" class.  In doing that I had to study their material a bit, and can at least try to say what the TMI line is on various topics.

I am delighted to learn that focus 10 has been useful as a launching point for OBE's, if I am reading correctly.  I think I will dig out my old Focus 10 tape and give it another go this weekend!

Cheers to you all!

Steve

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha:
My "blackness behind my eyes" develops a little hole of grey white light in the middle, and then that hole expands in a wobbly shifty kind of way before disappearing in about 2 seconds.  Then the process starts over.  

It's almost as if it is inviting me to step on through it.  I've never been successful at doing this . . . but then again, I haven't tried that hard.

Tisha, this happens to me occasionally too!  Except by the time it happens, instead of going along with it, my mind goes, "Oh hey, that little light looks like its getting bigger!"

And with that, it disappears and I am back in the darkness!  Whenever I get to that stage though, I'm consciously aware that I am on the right path.  This is because I am now visually experiencing things that I am not creating, and I recognize that fact.  If I allow myself to remain calm, I go further and further without losing the image.

Keep smiling,

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash