a little help please

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Well first thing you need to learn is patience. If you are not patient and try to hurry things along then chances are you will never able to do this. You should start meditating, learn to slow down and relax, and learn to still your mind. Start with these and read some of that articles and posts on this site and you should be well on your way. Good Luck!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Jeff_Mash

I agree with FallenAngel....

If you don't have patience and you desire to astral project, then you're barking up the wrong tree!  One of the corner stones of inducing a conscious projection is to be passive, and slowly relax your thoughts and your body.  If you expect something to happen by rushing things, you will only become more frustrated.

My advice: read up on the subject.  Go to your local bookstore and get some material from Bruce, Monroe, Buhlman, or any other source.  You may be surprised at how much progress you make simply by constantly reading and thinking about OBE's.  Just don't try to rush things.  

If you have any other questions, I would be glad to help answer them.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Frank

Yep, problem is, Astral Projection is not something you can throw money at to get a quicker result. Like, paying extra for next-day AM delivery and so forth. Also, people in a rush tend to have some kind of strong ego attachment to the outcome, which is also a big stumbling block.

Yours,
Frank

k2sixx

I was impatient with this at first, but reading books about this subject, and others related, gave me so much motivation, and 5 months later, I'm still vigorously attempting.

I recommend reading a couple books, get really interested, and then give it a shot at least a few times a week and see where that gets you.  People telling me "you need to do practice a LOT!" kind of turned me off at times, but going and hitting the books again just reinspired me each time that I will succeed.

Starting out slow with a good background of knowledge in this subject would be good advice for those lacking a little patience (like me and others).  

May I add, I have grown very patient, following the advice given above.  And soon, patience will be thrown out the window and replaced by desire.  Anything is possible at that point.

Tom

This is going to be my 528th post. I have the most posts, and that is not right. My first attempts at astral projection were back in 1988. It was what I had wanted for years at that point, but without having words to describe it. 14 years later, and consider that I am only 27, the goal has not been reached. Patience? Of course. Things have happened, though, and I believe I have made progress in other directions during this time. It would be nice, though, if the people with the most posts could be people who do astral projection regularly. Sure, I can suggest patience. I can even practice what I preach at this point. It would be better to be able to astral project.

James S

I've read quite a number of "Beginners Guides" to astral projection, ones that offer quick results. What I found to be the truth of the matter is none of the information they contain is any good unless you have a few basic foundations already in place.

In a way I've likened learning to project to a little kid learning to ride a pushbike for the first time - there are a few basics you've got to get the hang of:

Complete and total relaxation - this I compare to learning to stay upright and balance on two wheels. You have to be able to sit comfortably for up to a few hours in a state of complete relaxation - the point where your arms, legs & body just simply don't want to move, not even a twitch, making your body feel like an immovable sack of wheat.

Concentration - this is like learning to stear the bike and turn the pedals to make it go where you want. You need to be able to have your mind work on specific thoughts and visualisations without the interuptions of random surface thoughts or falling asleep (best not start learning this at night - trust me).

Energy - like getting the push behind the pedals. You need to draw a  LOT of energy! The NEW doco that you've read from this site is probably one of the easiest to follow and most productive ways I have found of raising the energy in your body. Energy raising has been one of my biggest downfalls, but sticking to the guidelines layed out in NEW, I found I am now able to get up enough energy in fairly short order to get the heart chakra vibration that you've read about that is essential to projection - when it starts it's like having a small two stroke motor running in your chest.

They're the basics - like riding a pushbike you have to get all three elements working together. If you lack just one element you won't go anywhere.

I too was impatient. The fact of the matter is I haven't yet fully projected, but that's because I realised I was lacking in a couple of the areas mentioned above. I've since had success in achieving each individual element, now I'm working on putting them together, and have since gone into the first stages of an OBE.

At first it is a real bore trying to go through the processes step by step until you feel something happening. I especially got tired of the exercises in NEW, but I stuck with it when I learned that I really couldn't take shortcuts - it just didn't work. The good news is once you have successfully completed the steps and achieved results, the body remembers, and it starts getting a lot easier.

James S

- You don't choose the belief, the belief chooses you!

nclkwrk

Thanks to every body who to time to write back.
I'ts good to hear from the people who have struggled a bit at first and  not just those who are already having the expieriences although just reading about some of these can be very interestiing and entertaining.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_cool.gif" border=0>

nclkwrk

im kinda new at practicing all this stuff and im kind of an impatient person so i was wondering what the best techniques are if any to achieve psychic/obe expieriences other than NEW ways that any one out there may find easier or has achieved more results. I started some of the basic NEW  techniques with little result or "feeling" from the energy work any tips or should i just practice a little more patience?