Monroe "Gateway" series

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I think what might help, Tisha, is if you get a little more curious about the grey blob. I find that releasing feelings of curiosity tends to speed up the process.

Yours,
Frank

brianspuk

I've been trying the Gateway cd exercises since the beginning of the year and am now on the second exercise of wave 3, but have not yet succeeded in having an out of body experience.  I tried the Intro Focus 10 exercise from wave 1 last night with the following results.

At the beginning of this exercise, just after the resonant tuning, I perceived a soft green light filling the space in front of me for a short time.  This gradually changed into a shade of purple for a while.  There was a slight smell of fish briefly after this.  The exercise continued to the Focus 3 state.  At this point I started to get bouncing sensations that felt at first like floating on a wave of water that seemed to be flowing from my feet up towards my head.  As the exercise progressed, this changed in form gradually and became like a sensation of bouncing up and down on a trampoline.  It seemed at times that this bouncing was going as high as the ceiling, and at other times just a little way up.  This was accompanied, at the start, by a static electricity like feeling in my face that went in rhythm with the bouncing sensations.  As the muscle relaxation continued towards Focus 10, the bouncing gradually changed, with the height of the bouncing reducing and the intensity increasing until it felt like rapid vibrations with a more subtle inwards and outwards sensation in rhythm with my breathing.  After the end of the exercise, I remained in Focus 10 for some time to see where it would lead.  The vibrating sensations continued in a similar way as before, though it now took on a less rigid rhythm and followed its own pattern.  At times I imagined moving through tunnels or floating in clouds.  At times I could vaguely perceive cloud like patterns in front of me.  I continued with this for about an hour and then decided to return to normal consciousness.

Brian

Frank

Interesting, it sounds to me like you were at what I call the "stray energy" stage. I get this just before making contact with the Astral proper. Also, the sensations of bouncing and static feelings tend to come about when the head and chest energy centres are activated. It sounds like you were right on the verge of projection, in fact you probably were for a time, but not with any great deal of awareness.

Is this the first time this has happened?

Yours,
Frank

brianspuk

I've been trying a combination of the Gateway cds, Robert Bruce's spreadsheet workbook from this site and a few other cds like Transcendence and Astral Trance since about the beginning of 2002.

My experiences have gradually developed, and each exercise now has a few common features:

- At the beginning of exercises, a sensation of coloured lights filling the space in front of me behind closed eyelids, usually either green or purple. Tends to take the form of a sort of illuminated mist.

- Sometimes a distinctive smell of some sort for a short time.

- Vibrations starting with a slow bouncing up and down effect, then gradually moving on to a more rapid type of vibrating sensation

- Numbness in arms, legs and face.

- Occasionally scenery of some sort will appear for a brief instant, usually less than a second. Typically a city scene, another planet type scene or countryside scenery. One time a grey room with a stalagmite in the middle appeared. Another time, a game environment appeared for a few seconds.  On three occasions to date I saw one of Robert Bruce's so-called astral plane entrance structures for about a second. The first one was like a blue wallpaper with white tulip like patterns in it.

These types of experiences now happen in most of the projection exercises I try and typically continue until I decide to return to normal consciousness.

I get the impression that I'm almost at the point of being able to project but just not quite sure how to take the final step of actually getting out of my body.

Brian

Frank

I think what you might try is forgeting all ideas of getting out of your body and think more of mentally stepping into the imagery you are seeing.

I am pretty certain that you are at what I call the "stray energy" stage and the fleeting glimpses of various scenes are of the Astral. What you describe is basically the same as what happens to me.

Next time you are at that stage, have an intent to go somewhere in particular. Keep it simple like, imagine sitting by a lake, or just looking out over the ocean. Just something basic.

"Intent" is what makes you travel. I think what you are doing is (mentally) standing on the brink, uncertain of what to do, and it is the release of that uncertainty which is causing the flitting from one scene to another.

My idea is, if you can gather a definite intent, that should cause a fixed scene to appear. Then you should feel a kind of attraction that makes it easy for you to mentally step into that scene. Then you are there, basically.

Yours,
Frank

brianspuk

Yes, it seems as if this is the case.  It seems to be in the nature of this experience that actually trying to get out of body stops it from happening to a certain extent.  The occasions when I've come closest to success are when I've just been resting and have come close to falling asleep.

Over the weekend I tried the Astral Trance cd a few times.  This cd features a sort of guided meditation that involves first relaxation, then visualising the energy body, then imagining using your astral hands to throw up and catch an energy ball. This cd was very good and I felt I came quite close to having an oobe with it.

I also tried adding visualisation to the focus states with gateway.  I imagined focus 10 to be a large square room, and focus 12 then took me up towards a rooftop area open to the sky.  This did seem to enhance the experience of the focus states.

Tonight I'll try visualising a simple scene with one of the exercises to see if that helps.

Brian

Frank

You need to get an idea of what it is you want to experience on the Astral. Make sure you don't have any kind of ego-attachment to the outcome, like, wanting to know this Saturday's lottery numbers. :)  Keep it simple and to the point. And develop the intent throughout the day while in C1. Then, when you get to the stray energy stage, let go and trust in those that are helping you (your Spirit guides) and simply allow the experience to unfold.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

I am curious about the Monroe "Gateway" products, and specifically their objective of, it seems, literally "focussing" awareness on different levels of the Astral.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these CD's are not designed to induce OBE or Astral projection as such, but more of a concsiousness shift?

That being the case - how objective is the interaction with the Astral and the perceptions of everything and everyone there? Is it a visual or intuitive interaction?

One reason I ask is because it might overcome the problem of memory retention as in OBE interaction. If a copy of the memory (as it were) is not being projected and needs downloading, but rather the existing memory is subject to a conscious/awareness shift, then presumably memory retention can be quite complete?

Thanks for any insight into this - I have never really looked at it before. I am interested from the point of view of the Spiritual Truths site mostly.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas