Months of failure , need some advice =/

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarklon

Its been months since my last good OBE (except for the one I had friday but I  slipped into a dream shortly after a wonderfully real exit ).  It seems that I can get to the imagery state very very quickly no matter how tired or awake I am..  I can see very vivid pictures flash in my head.. sometimes (but rarely now) faint sounds , voices, words being spoken etc..    My problem is.. I'll know when the imagery is strong and about to make me fall asleep but when I try to start visualizing myself being somewhere in hopes that I'll phase there I simply end up falling asleep.

what I need to know is.. what are some good things to try once I realize the imagery is very strong.  Should I focusing more on the imagery or my body or  focusing away from my body and not the imagery??  

My last OBE happened because I took a nap in the car for 40 mins while my parents ran some errands bringing me back from college and as soon as I hit my bed at the house I heard the ringing in my ears a lot louder than normal and something made me think of a Yo-Yo.  I saw imagery of me playing with a yo-yo above my pillow and something made me take on a side view of the yoyo and follow it as it went through my bed , hit the floor and back up to my hand.. after it hit the floor a few times I began to feel vibrations each time my side vision would reach the floor.  The vibrations were actually the ringing in my ears increasing to a really fast paced ring. It felt like the ringing noise sped up so much and somoene kept applying electic power to it to cause vibrations in my head.  After a while of that , I tried a few other things like the rope and found myself able to feel vibration surges once I reached a certain distance up the rope and the whole time I was able to see in this.. sideview 3rd person imagery  where once I got far enough from my body in this 3rd person view , a surge of vibrations would hit my physical head.  Finally I managed to keep the vibrations giong for more than 3 secs and thats when I knew I entered paralysis and started simply pulling out of my body.  

My problem is that I can hardly ever get this kind of imagery unless I take a nap or something.. I always end up falling asleep nowadays.  Any suggestions?  If I could induce vibrations whether its sitting up in my bed thinking or focusing on something or laying down and focusing on something , I'll be able to project.. I'm a master at leaving once I feel vibrations.  But thats the hard part for me =/
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

cube

Seriously try using deep breathing when you have imagery. Once I have somewhat stable imagery often times if I try to phase into it I just get a bunch of vibrations and get pulled back into my body.

However if I passively watch the imagery while deep breathing it becomes vivid and starts to animate, then I can press right into it like this:

www.saltcube.com/?t=exit-paths

I don't understand why breathing helps but it definitely does!
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

Zarklon

thanks cube.  My problem with breathing is that I still end up falling asleep because imagery will get so strong that I forget to focus on my breathing relaxion.  I guess thats a good thing but its still hard to stay aware. I'l try to combine breathing with some kind of technique once I reach that point..

Last night I tried to keep my teeth separated while I layed on my back to project and when my teeth would touch because I got so relaxed , I would sorta wake back up and part them again.. I started hearing sounds after a while but then fell asleep.  When I woke up with my alarm clock I woke up to a solid bright green color behind my eyelids.. it was wierd.
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

cube

Maybe try doing it in the morning rather than at night so there's less of a chance of falling asleep? You could also use a timer to keep waking yourself up if you fall too far into trance.

kmD

i prefer to focus on the physical sensations. I guess that is because from my viewpoint, projection starts as a stimulation of the physical and I know when im going to exit when i feel my extremities slipping out of the physical. Keep your mind focused on getting out of your body and not on the imagery presented to you thru meditation is my advice. Remember that there are always multiple solutions to your problem, and be aware enough to try solutions that dont have a negative effect on you!

Zarklon

I've found that I get deeper into trance when I focus mostly on my body.  I start to feel as though part of me is sliding one way really really slowly very soon into my practice and the stronger that feeling gets, the stronger I start to think about random things and/or hear sounds of what im thinking about ( my imagery).  My big problem is no matter what i'm focusing on or visualizing about.. I always end up falling asleep eventually and I never remember the last thing I thought about after waking up.  Upon waking up it feels like I never really fell asleep and when someone else wakes me up the next morning I almost freak them out because I simply open my eyes expecting it to be only 10 minutes into my practice but its really 6 hours.  Its like I get my sleep and feel refreshed but I'm hardly ever in a deep sleep unless I TRY to go to sleep at night without practicing.  When I try to OBE I hardly ever have dreams either.. its like im not going into a truly deep sleep or something.  Its kinda cool because I dont really feel dead tired in the mornings like some people most of the time.  

But again , my biggest problem is no matter what I do I fall asleep no matter how strong my imagery is or how close I realize I'm getting to the sleep border.  I know when Im about to fall asleep and I always mentally note it to myself by saying "ok this is it.. just try to stay awake" and poof.. I wake up the next morning =/  Theres something I'm not doing soon enough it seems.

cube

I really think that doing it in the morning rather than at night and using a timer as a safety net would help a lot.

anonymous57

Hey that saltcube site has some good stuff on it - cheers cube.

Looks like I nearly make it just about every night. I just have to relax more.

cube