What do you do with your tongue and jaw?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

Quote from: M4RT1N on March 30, 2014, 13:38:49
How long do you think it should take for a beginner to phase using this technique? Does it matter if I open my eyes or move a bit every few minutes? And does it matter if I forget what I'm doing for a few minutes and then continue to walk?
You are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over thinking this my friend!

Your goal is to create a good NP (non physical) focus. I can see exactly what you are doing now. You are creating that focus, but then looking back for symptoms of a shift, which in turn puts your focus right back in the physical again. This will be a "revolving door" scenario until you learn to just "trust" and let go.

You don't have to look for "signposts". They will show up, don't worry about that. But when you get a "signpost", you need to passively observe it with an air of curiosity. I can see that you are getting excited by every little "speed bump" in the road.

These are simply tests to see if you are ready or not. RELAX, RELEASE and LET GO!  :wink:

M4RT1N

Quote from: Lionheart on March 30, 2014, 14:25:16
You are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over thinking this my friend!

Your goal is to create a good NP (non physical) focus. I can see exactly what you are doing now. You are creating that focus, but then looking back for symptoms of a shift, which in turn puts your focus right back in the physical again. This will be a "revolving door" scenario until you learn to just "trust" and let go.

You don't have to look for "signposts". They will show up, don't worry about that. But when you get a "signpost", you need to passively observe it with an air of curiosity. I can see that you are getting excited by every little "speed bump" in the road.

These are simply tests to see if you are ready or not. RELAX, RELEASE and LET GO!  :wink:

What exactly do you mean by a non physical focus? Would simply remembering some music/sounds I heard or visualising a ball create a NP focus? And could I phase by just doing that? I've done that before but never had any success, even when not thinking about my body or anything physical. And how long should it take? I don't know when to give up.

Lionheart

Quote from: M4RT1N on March 30, 2014, 15:10:14
What exactly do you mean by a non physical focus? Would simply remembering some music/sounds I heard or visualising a ball create a NP focus? And could I phase by just doing that? I've done that before but never had any success, even when not thinking about my body or anything physical. And how long should it take? I don't know when to give up.
Have you ever "Daydreamed"?

Of course you have. That's a NP focus!   :wink: